2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

anonymous_insider

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by anonymous_insider » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:19 pm

pkourtes wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:04 pm
REPOSTING THE UPDATE for Magic Link:
NCP replied to my question regarding the phase on the magic link.
Note that the institution has a long history in MSCA (approx. 5 IF/PF per year).
The proposals that go through the Evaluation and the Quality Check (there are 3 like quality managers who need to approve the evaluation from the reviewers/evaluators, if not it is returned to them for amendments) are ready to be uploaded to the system. The uploads include huge chunks of proposals, and it may happen until the very end before the announcements. Ranking means that the proposal's score was above the threshold 70, and it was uploaded to the system, nothing more nothing less than that. This sorts out some mystery, but it remains that the evaluation may mean that either the proposal has not passed the threshold or that it has not been uploaded yet.
Indeed.

4degrees

Post by 4degrees » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:20 pm

Reposting this..
4degrees wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:37 pm
Again, from reading through last year's thread, I think this may be what happens:

If you remain in submission phase, then possibly your proposal was never sent out for review, maybe because you filled out something wrong in the form or something like that.

Everyone whose proposal went out for review moves to evaluation phase when the EU start entering the results.

Anyone who scored >70% moves to ranking phase.

The computer sorts out those in ranking from 100% to 70% for each panel and starts allocating the budget set for that panel, moving down the list and giving funding to the proposals one by one until the money runs out. The last proposal funded becomes the cut off value (for example maybe 92.4% in one panel, 90.7% in another etc.) A few proposals below that cut off mark get put in the reserve list and everyone else unfortunately doesn't get funded.

>85% = seal of excellence.

However, there are always glitches in a system, especially when dealing with thousands of proposals, so you do sometimes get people who remain in submission or evaluation who get funded.
As for early ranking = funding. I think not necessarily, it seemed more to be how fast you went from evaluation to ranking, because the results were being uploaded by panel.

But, this is a new call, so perhaps things will be different.

mrida2020

Post by mrida2020 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:26 pm

anonymous_insider wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:17 pm
EF-LIF-2021 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:50 pm
Guys, again, ranking means score above 70%, I am sure.. Last year, only early rankers got funding. There is also possible to see the time when was the last funded ranking and the first ranking on the reserve list.
I subscribe to this, although I'm not sure about the second part (early ranking = funded), but it might be the case. Like I said, I have served as evaluator for other calls and, before the cross-reading panel, proposals are already categorized as 'green' (above threshold) and 'red' (below threshold), based on the IERs. Red proposals are briefly discussed during the consensus panel meeting, but they may be moved to the green category if the cross-reader feels it was not evaluated fairly.
Also, I wanted to post this message, but I was refraining for some reason that only my contorted mind could explain (hence, forget it...).
I feel sorry for the delay. I am also CRAVING for the results and as an applicant myself I've questioned so many times 'WTF is the EC doing?!!'. But I also told you in one of my first posts that any kind of shit can happen, and this seems to be the case.
This to say that I feel I need to apologize, because I feel as if I were the bird of bad omen who had foreseen that the results would be late. While I have no responsibility in this, I am so truly sorry for having foreseen this delay. Sorry, call me Cassandra, use my username for you memes. At least you can laugh and that's my personal mission. Making people laugh, whatever the reason.
Sorry.
Hey.... I don't understand why you are sorry... it's ok...we r bunch of grown ups....we know it's not your fault....leave aside bad omen....that is just fucked up......nobody did anything to anybody.....we all are here coz we want some company in the misery that EU drives us through....we want to know that we are not alone...ur suggestions actually told us a lot about the process....
Hope I didn't offend you and everything goes as you want it to be...

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:51 pm

mrida2020 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:26 pm
anonymous_insider wrote:
EF-LIF-2021 wrote:
Guys, again, ranking means score above 70%, I am sure.. Last year, only early rankers got funding. There is also possible to see the time when was the last funded ranking and the first ranking on the reserve list.
I subscribe to this, although I'm not sure about the second part (early ranking = funded), but it might be the case. Like I said, I have served as evaluator for other calls and, before the cross-reading panel, proposals are already categorized as 'green' (above threshold) and 'red' (below threshold), based on the IERs. Red proposals are briefly discussed during the consensus panel meeting, but they may be moved to the green category if the cross-reader feels it was not evaluated fairly.
Also, I wanted to post this message, but I was refraining for some reason that only my contorted mind could explain (hence, forget it...).
I feel sorry for the delay. I am also CRAVING for the results and as an applicant myself I've questioned so many times 'WTF is the EC doing?!!'. But I also told you in one of my first posts that any kind of shit can happen, and this seems to be the case.
This to say that I feel I need to apologize, because I feel as if I were the bird of bad omen who had foreseen that the results would be late. While I have no responsibility in this, I am so truly sorry for having foreseen this delay. Sorry, call me Cassandra, use my username for you memes. At least you can laugh and that's my personal mission. Making people laugh, whatever the reason.
Sorry.
Hey.... I don't understand why you are sorry... it's ok...we r bunch of grown ups....we know it's not your fault....leave aside bad omen....that is just fucked up......nobody did anything to anybody.....we all are here coz we want some company in the misery that EU drives us through....we want to know that we are not alone...ur suggestions actually told us a lot about the process....
THANK YOU!!! No offense at all :) It's just that my whole life I've been the one forward-thinker of the family and when I was foreseeing the worst eventually I was tagged down as the bird of bad omen, because I was right... :(
I truly appreciate your words, thank you so much!
Let's try our best to stay positive. I know how demanding it is to even submit such a proposal. In this, we're all heroes and winners.
Courage!

Esbesp

Post by Esbesp » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:58 pm

EF-LIF-2021 wrote:
Last year and the one before there were funded people who never had any different status than evaluation, there were several comments in the thread. Also, I was one of the first to get from evaluation to ranking last year and I didn't even get to reserve list so... I wouldn't give so much credit to the magic link tbh. So many uncertainty about it.

gilgil

Post by gilgil » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 pm

Hi... I am new here..Anyone seeing their application phase as "early ranking"?? Or we just see "ranking" alone?

mrida2020

Post by mrida2020 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:20 pm

anonymous_insider wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:51 pm
mrida2020 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:26 pm
anonymous_insider wrote:

Sorry.
THANK YOU!!! No offense at all :) It's just that my whole life I've been the one forward-thinker of the family and when I was foreseeing the worst eventually I was tagged down as the bird of bad omen, because I was right... :(
I truly appreciate your words, thank you so much!
Let's try our best to stay positive. I know how demanding it is to even submit such a proposal. In this, we're all heroes and winners.
Courage!
Agreed my fellow sufferer... :) :)

UKR

Post by UKR » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:41 pm

Score?
Esbesp wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:58 pm
EF-LIF-2021 wrote:
Last year and the one before there were funded people who never had any different status than evaluation, there were several comments in the thread. Also, I was one of the first to get from evaluation to ranking last year and I didn't even get to reserve list so... I wouldn't give so much credit to the magic link tbh. So many uncertainty about it.

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:53 pm

gilgil wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 pm
Hi... I am new here..Anyone seeing their application phase as "early ranking"?? Or we just see "ranking" alone?
I didnt even know "early ranking" existed!

EF-LIF-2021

Post by EF-LIF-2021 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:09 pm

MSCA IF 2020 - Change to Ranking - Funded/Reserve List/Not Funded

NAME TIME FUNDING SCORE PANEL

nagyenz 4:18 pm yes 95 LIF
no42 4:20 yes
Zebra 4:20 yes 99 SOC (evaluation 13:50, ranking 16:20)
LIF20 4:21 ?
Little Venice 4:31 yes
MC CHEM 2020 4:32 yes 96.4 CHEM
Fish20 4:37 yes
Phys2020 4:39 yes 97.8 SE - PHY
mynameis... 4:41 yes 88.2 SE
msca19 4:41 yes SE
DODO 4:59 yes GF - ENV
EnvS 5:03 yes ENV
Aratron 5:13 yes LIF
ElonMusk 5:18 reserve list 94.4 LIF

Giadina_1998 5:20 no SOC
Surrreal 5:24 no 88 CAR
Esbesp 5:25 no CAR
msca-gf-2021 5:26 no 73.6 GF-LIF

In my opinion, there is some trend. But it was last year, this year can be different.