2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Steminist

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Steminist » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:35 am

My current mood:
megasphaera wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:37 pm
I have heard that if you add GAPXXXXXX to the follow up link at the end, click 3 times refresh, punch the nearest guy in the balls, scream the atomic weight of beryllium, Marie Curie itself will appear and tell you the results.

Try it.

alherpo

Post by alherpo » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:43 am

Steminist wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:35 am
My current mood:
megasphaera wrote:
I have heard that if you add GAPXXXXXX to the follow up link at the end, click 3 times refresh, punch the nearest guy in the balls, scream the atomic weight of beryllium, Marie Curie itself will appear and tell you the results.

Try it.
hahhahaha that's hilarious!

marinemicrobe

Post by marinemicrobe » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:48 am

megasphaera wrote:

Try it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the best post of the entire forum :)

waitingForGodECot

Post by waitingForGodECot » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:55 am

Hi folks, first time posting (and first time applicant). Thank you for all the materials and memes, reading this forum the last two weeks has been a lifesaver for me.

A small contribution from my side in the hopes of providing a bit clearer info - I contacted on the 14th both my NCP and the MSCA officer at my host institution, the first one was absolutely no help at all, pasting me a reply they sent to applicants last year (the text still mentioned 11.000 applications 😂), *but* the MSCA officer was a bit more useful, their reply is pretty much in line with the latest updates in this thread.

IMG_20220316_104210_901.jpg
IMG_20220316_104210_901.jpg (106.23 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
I don't think it's any new information since from what i read also previous years they were not all sent in the same instant, but it seems more solid that it will be spread over all of next week.

XmendeleievX

Post by XmendeleievX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:57 am

waitingForGodECot wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:55 am
Hi folks, first time posting (and first time applicant). Thank you for all the materials and memes, reading this forum the last two weeks has been a lifesaver for me.

A small contribution from my side in the hopes of providing a bit clearer info - I contacted on the 14th both my NCP and the MSCA officer at my host institution, the first one was absolutely no help at all, pasting me a reply they sent to applicants last year (the text still mentioned 11.000 applications 😂), *but* the MSCA officer was a bit more useful, their reply is pretty much in line with the latest updates in this thread.

I don't think it's any new information since from what i read also previous years they were not all sent in the same instant, but it seems more solid that it will be spread over all of next week.
Results spread over a all week, talk about torture....

ririanna

Post by ririanna » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:59 am

waitingForGodECot wrote:

Thank you for this, sounds like a very nice and empathetic MSCA officer!

Also, your username is SPOT ON!!! Hahaha we're all basically Didis and Gogos in this forum!

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:01 am

waitingForGodECot wrote:

Brilliant! Tanx chief for this clear heads up...
Why they did not simply come up with this explanation at the beginning...

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:03 am

XmendeleievX wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:57 am
waitingForGodECot wrote:

Results spread over a all week, talk about torture....
What do you afraid of when you are already bleeding by them! :D

dw2022

Post by dw2022 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:08 am

speaking for myself, I am pretty calm now.
Thanks to all the suffering and anxiety along with this application, I finally made up mind to leave academia and seek a career in industry where I could (hopefully) obtain some security and stability. And once I started to explore the outside world, it supersized me with the opportunities and possibilities at hand.
Language is still an issue since I am not local and have dedicated all the time in the past years to research and work. (Well, being lazy to pick it up is also the reason…)

I’ve read some posts here of ppl thinking to leave and now I can fully echo that thought and is acting to make it happen.

Thrilled to realize that life is a binary choice. :D
Good luck everyone and fingers crossed :P

alabulie

Post by alabulie » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:29 am

It amazes me that they are unable to publish all the results at the same time, and claim that technical challenges are the cause of the delay.

First, this is not the first time they have to publish evaluation results, so they should have figured a way to do it by now.

Second, they can send >10000 emails at the same time, that is no such a big deal. They can state that the evaluation report will be uploaded to the portal "in the following days", but the emails can be sent simultaneously.

Third, they should be able to upload the reports to their database. Once they are uploaded, they just need to update the "link" on the application portal to point to the updated reports, and that should be possible to do instantly.

There is the possibility that the database structure of the portal is so outdated that this process is not easy to do, but still, they should be able to communicate the results with no issue.

It is understandable that there are delays in the process, but the lack of communication was is not acceptable.

Anyways, we can only wait until "the end of March".

Good luck everyone!