2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Antani

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Antani » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:31 pm

Sorry guys…. But how the stamp date can be related to the ranking one ? This would mean that they completed the evaluation After just ten days… c’mon… high levels of paranoia :D

michelef

Post by michelef » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Antani wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:31 pm
Sorry guys…. But how the stamp date can be related to the ranking one ? This would mean that they completed the evaluation After just ten days… c’mon… high levels of paranoia :D
Yeah indeed with such early timestamps it's impossible that the date it's related to evaluation/ranking. Maybe the time-stamp indicates when the proposal was formally registered to be sent to reviewers

UKR

Post by UKR » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:40 pm

It was expected that they uploaded the details of the proposals but it did not went in order.
michelef wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:35 pm
Antani wrote:
Yeah indeed with such early timestamps it's impossible that the date it's related to evaluation/ranking. Maybe the time-stamp indicates when the proposal was formally registered to be sent to reviewers

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:44 pm

MC22 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:25 pm
Everybody has the tab "My formal notifications"?
yes, I think everyone has that ;)

MC22

Post by MC22 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:02 pm

Ok, thanks. Tryng to find a confort zone while waiting. The best would be avoiding to look for it and just waiting..

Abz

Post by Abz » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Antani wrote:
I don't think people are saying it is linked to evaluation completion, but indicating an order of processing the applications. If the application was processed on an earlier date then its final scores would be entered early. A proposal that went for evaluation on 22 Oct and to ranking on 1 March is likely to score a higher grade than one that went to evaluation on 21 Oct and ranking on 2 March. I hope I explained it well :D :D

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Antani wrote:
Evaluation starts roughly 1 month after submission. The time stamp might simply mean 'eligibility check done'.

Abz

Post by Abz » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:15 pm

Abz wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:10 pm
Antani wrote:
I don't think people are saying it is linked to evaluation completion, but indicating an order of processing the applications. If the application was processed on an earlier date then its final scores would be entered early. A proposal that went for evaluation on 22 Oct and to ranking on 1 March is likely to score a higher grade than one that went to evaluation on 21 Oct and ranking on 2 March. I hope I explained it well :D :D
Essentially just a theory, may not mean anything but it helps us not focussing on 'when are they going to release the results' :D :D

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:16 pm

Abz wrote:
Antani wrote:
No, not at all. First, proposals go to evaluation at least one month after submission. Second, the speed of evaluation fully depends on the remote expert evaluating the proposal. This might be seriously delayed for several reasons. Third, a speedy evaluation most likely means that either the proposal is top-quality or it's really bad; this is because in either case it's quite easy to write an IER. Although, at least in my experience, very bad proposals are really hard to evaluate because there is no substance to substantiate your judgement, and definitely you can't just write that the proposal just fails or sucks or whatever negative thing. These things are taken very seriously by the EU, because such negative evaluations might give raise to a redress procedure.
All in all, I don't think we may forecast anything, except that the results will be delivered later than expected at an undefined point in time :cry:

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:18 pm

anonymous_insider wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:16 pm
Abz wrote:
Antani wrote:
No, not at all. First, proposals go to evaluation at least one month after submission. Second, the speed of evaluation fully depends on the remote expert evaluating the proposal. This might be seriously delayed for several reasons. Third, a speedy evaluation most likely means that either the proposal is top-quality or it's really bad; this is because in either case it's quite easy to write an IER. Although, at least in my experience, very bad proposals are really hard to evaluate because there is no substance to substantiate your judgement, and definitely you can't just write that the proposal just fails or sucks or whatever negative thing. These things are taken very seriously by the EU, because such negative evaluations might give raise to a redress procedure.
All in all, I don't think we may forecast anything, except that the results will be delivered later than expected at an undefined point in time :cry:

EDIT: The consensus panel meets on one day only. All the ESRs should be ready at the same time. Then they are uploaded gradually.