2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

EF-LIF-2021

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by EF-LIF-2021 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:50 am

EF-LIF-2021 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:04 pm
https://rea.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2 ... Europe.pdf

Important sentence:

"After Panel finalizes its work, proposals are automatically ranked by the SEP system in descending order
of the total score in their respective panel ranking list."

It is my old post. Based on that I think that proposals are ranked from the highest score to lowest score in respective panel.

AnotherCandidate

Post by AnotherCandidate » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:54 am

I don't remember who did the Excel with the panel and when we went to ranking.

Can he/she post it here with the ranking date and hour in descending order?

EF-LIF-2021

Post by EF-LIF-2021 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:02 am

It is page 105 but there are some mistakes..

Baka mitai

Post by Baka mitai » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:20 am

EF-LIF-2021 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:50 am
EF-LIF-2021 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:04 pm
https://rea.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2 ... Europe.pdf

Important sentence:

"After Panel finalizes its work, proposals are automatically ranked by the SEP system in descending order
of the total score in their respective panel ranking list."

It is my old post. Based on that I think that proposals are ranked from the highest score to lowest score in respective panel.
Also important sentence in Panel review (Fig. 1):
"Rank the proposals with the same score"

Theory: most of the funded projects (especially in crowded sections like in EF) will be close to the max score and have same scores. Hence early ranking/funding correlation. In GF, where there are less people, it would be possible to have a unique high score, and therefore to get funded with no early ranking.
But eventually:
"The Commission [...] puts together the final ranking list". Apparently not bothering with the <70% proposals.

...since I am still in Evaluation, unless I am one of the proposals needing "re-screening", I am f***** :mrgreen:

lucaJ

Post by lucaJ » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:23 am

Guys I think that most likely the scores were uploaded by panel and proposal number. Then however there was a time span between passing from evaluation to ranking, which varied a lot among people (some stayed till now to evaluation, other a few hours, others a few minutes) which I guess could be linked to some internal computation and/or an human final check related to place your score in the right ranking position. Maybe in that there could be some correlation to final outcome? However it's very hard to have data on that, since one had to check it online by updating frequently the page..

Baka mitai

Post by Baka mitai » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:37 am

Baka mitai wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:20 am
...since I am still in Evaluation, unless I am one of the proposals needing "re-screening", I am f***** :mrgreen:
And honnestly, I have to write it somewhere, but it would devastate me. Third attempt, everytime I got >85, I improved every part of the proposal with the help of the hosts, carefully followed the reviewers' advice, re-read the hundreds of documents spread all over the net, even changed the model to be closer to my research forte, and now I would go <70%? And be forbidden to submit a proposal next year (my last year)?!

I do not know if it will make me laugh or cry, but it would be a fatal blow to my shattered self-confidence. I might end up ragequitting academia alltogether. Seriously, this wait is turning me crazy.

Maaaastricht

Post by Maaaastricht » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:40 am

Baka mitai wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:37 am
Baka mitai wrote:
And honnestly, I have to write it somewhere, but it would devastate me. Third attempt, everytime I got >85, I improved every part of the proposal with the help of the hosts, carefully followed the reviewers' advice, re-read the hundreds of documents spread all over the net, even changed the model to be closer to my research forte, and now I would go <70%? And be forbidden to submit a proposal next year (my last year)?!

I do not know if it will make me laugh or cry, but it would be a fatal blow to my shattered self-confidence. I might end up ragequitting academia alltogether. Seriously, this wait is turning me crazy.
I honestly can’t imagine that happening unless there was something in the project idea itself that evaluators decided was not tenable. It would not make sense.

On other hand, my proposal involves Russia and now I fear with re-evaluation that this will count against me…

lucaJ

Post by lucaJ » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:43 am

Baka mitai wrote:
Baka mitai wrote:

I'm sorry you feel so discouraged.. But I wouldn't assume you scored below 70%. Reading past posts, it seems that many people in evaluation scored high much above 70%. Maybe one stays a lot in evalution when his/her score is identical to another so a choice must be done by human intervention?

AnotherCandidate

Post by AnotherCandidate » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:45 am

Baka mitai wrote:
Baka mitai wrote:

In previous years, some with "Evaluation" got the grant or had a score higher than 85%. Some where even still in "Submission". The majority of those in Evaluations seemed to have scored below 70%, but it is far from a general rule. Seeing that you got >85% everytime, it is very likely in my opinion that you are in this case.

jiaoyi

Post by jiaoyi » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:52 am

Hey guys - I just made an anonymous google spreadsheet where you could contribute to our dataset of phase change, panel, start letter of acronym, etc. You can open the following url with incognito mode of your browser.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =782972678

Everyone can edit the spreadsheet or save your own copy.
Last edited by jiaoyi on Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.