2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

anonymous_insider

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by anonymous_insider » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:39 pm

horizon wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:35 pm
Some person posted on the FB group, the 'magic link' and asked for their opinion. Its hilarious to read the replies since they are going through the crash course cycle which we have been going through for weeks now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh no! Poor them :( horizon, SAVE THEM!!! :mrgreen:

mekemeke

Post by mekemeke » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:08 pm

Thank you! So do I. Best of luck everyone! Hopefully they won't let us suffer much longer :(
fique86 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:18 pm
So, a new week is coming, and with it, something that we have all been anxiously waiting for. All the best guys. I really truly hope all of us win the fellowship.

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:11 pm

mekemeke wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:08 pm
Thank you! So do I. Best of luck everyone! Hopefully they won't let us suffer much longer :(
fique86 wrote:
So, a new week is coming, and with it, something that we have all been anxiously waiting for. All the best guys. I really truly hope all of us win the fellowship.
Will anyone wait until 12am today? I'm so tired guys. I am just assuming I didn't get it so that I can move on with my life.

michelef

Post by michelef » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:33 pm

karbonnom wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:11 pm
mekemeke wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:08 pm
fique86 wrote:
Will anyone wait until 12am today? I'm so tired guys. I am just assuming I didn't get it so that I can move on with my life.
Never give up. I'll wait at least until 1-2am, just to see if something is happening.
Soon it'll be over, and there will be time to rest and assess the situation

mekemeke

Post by mekemeke » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:26 pm

I read that in previous years some people found out their result through their national contact point (NCP). Do you think they have access to evaluations before candidates? Or perhaps know the exact day for the result's release? I was pondering to contacting them, but on the other hand I am scared because I am new in the country and people are a bit harsher here than where I was before. :lol:

michelef

Post by michelef » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:37 pm

mekemeke wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:26 pm
I read that in previous years some people found out their result through their national contact point (NCP). Do you think they have access to evaluations before candidates? Or perhaps know the exact day for the result's release? I was pondering to contacting them, but on the other hand I am scared because I am new in the country and people are a bit harsher here than where I was before. :lol:
It seems that someone did already get results from a NCP in the past weeks, so at least some NCP already have the results.
However, if you don't have some kind of special relationship we the NCP (i.e., a friend of yours works there) I think it's unlikely that they will disclose anything

mekemeke

Post by mekemeke » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:09 pm

Thank you! I will just wait. :) This change in deadline made me extremely impatient. :lol:
michelef wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:37 pm
mekemeke wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:26 pm
It seems that someone did already get results from a NCP in the past weeks, so at least some NCP already have the results.
However, if you don't have some kind of special relationship we the NCP (i.e., a friend of yours works there) I think it's unlikely that they will disclose anything

MSCCCCCC

Post by MSCCCCCC » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:19 pm

quick question - is our result a only a result of the reviewer's "grades" or is there a phase where the European commission actually has a bit of influence (i.e., judging which projects are more "interesting" for Europe from an economic point of view etc.) ?

michelef

Post by michelef » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:26 pm

MSCCCCCC wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:19 pm
quick question - is our result a only a result of the reviewer's "grades" or is there a phase where the European commission actually has a bit of influence (i.e., judging which projects are more "interesting" for Europe from an economic point of view etc.) ?
I think the reviewers' scores are the only thing taken into account. Proposals cannot (or should not) be discriminated based on their perceived importance at a higher level

That would be more like a political, rather than scientific, evaluation

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:38 pm

michelef wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:26 pm
MSCCCCCC wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:19 pm
I think the reviewers' scores are the only thing taken into account. Proposals cannot (or should not) be discriminated based on their perceived importance at a higher level

That would be more like a political, rather than scientific, evaluation
Th EC doesn't read the proposals, they have no time for this. They need to fully rely on the pool of external (registered) experts, which are identified by keywords and experience. Even for ex-equo proposals, there are specific additional and clearly identified criteria to be addressed to decide which proposal scores higher. Meaning that the decision is always taken based on objective facts. This holds true if there is not enough funding for both.