2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

mscaasdfg

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by mscaasdfg » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:39 pm

Ciba wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:28 pm
mscaasdfg wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 pm
Are you providing letters of committment for associated partners for secondment?
The template says "Note that the expert evaluators will be instructed to disregard the contribution of any associated partners for which no such evidence of commitment is submitted. " and "For GF proposals, and for all proposals requesting a non-academic placement, the absence of a letter of commitment will render the proposal inadmissible and the proposal will not be evaluated."

Sounds to me like GF/non-academic placement: you are kicked out without one and are not evaluated
Secondments: they pretend that you are not doing a secondment but still evaluate. I could be wrong - but if you can get one I think it would be better and it definitely would not be to your disadvantage..
I just got a reply from NCP (god bless them): "In part A, secondments are only indicated under ‘other questions’" (which only asks if you are planning a secondment and how long). But in Part B one should write about the secondment in any of the relevant sections (to increase evaluation score).

ekk

Post by ekk » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm

My NCP's reply: " I recommend NOT to include a letter of commitment in any other cases than for a Global Fellowship or additional placement in the non-academic sector. It is pointed out several times in the application guidelines that these are the only two cases where a LoC should be included, so I strongly suggest to stick to that."
I followed this advice and didn't include a letter for the secondment. If it now turns out I should have, I guess it's too late.

mscaasdfg

Post by mscaasdfg » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:56 pm

ekk wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm
My NCP's reply: " I recommend NOT to include a letter of commitment in any other cases than for a Global Fellowship or additional placement in the non-academic sector. It is pointed out several times in the application guidelines that these are the only two cases where a LoC should be included, so I strongly suggest to stick to that."
I followed this advice and didn't include a letter for the secondment. If it now turns out I should have, I guess it's too late.
I also got the same reply from my NCP, and found this guidance in 2 different documents, so I wouldn't stress about it :)

Aquiles

Post by Aquiles » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:14 pm

Hello everybody,

First time here! I have a very basic question... In Part A, in the Ethics Issue table I have checked "Yes" in one of the items. Now the form shows a WARNING: "Please provide the page number of the Technical annex, where the relevant ethics issue is described in details." Which "Technical annex"? I thought I only had to fill in the Ethics Self-Assessment.

Thank you!

fantonel

Post by fantonel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:34 am

Hi guys!

I am filling part A of the application, but I am stuck on page 6: "List of up to 5 publications,
widely-used datasets, software, goods, services, or any other achievements relevant to the call content". What does it refer to? I have searched *everywhere* but haven't found a clue...

Thank you!

PS. I wish I found this forum sooner!!!

Justt

Post by Justt » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:06 am

fantonel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:34 am
Hi guys!

I am filling part A of the application, but I am stuck on page 6: "List of up to 5 publications,
widely-used datasets, software, goods, services, or any other achievements relevant to the call content". What does it refer to? I have searched *everywhere* but haven't found a clue...

Thank you!

Those details should be provided by your host or supervisor.

fantonel

Post by fantonel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Thank you Justt! That's very useful. And do you know what exactly "relevant to the call content" means? I should indicate, for instance, my supervisor's publications/achievements in my field, or something more broadly connected to Horizon Europe? I am asking because I may not have enough detailed information on my host's involvement in HE, so in that case I would have to call the administration tomorrow morning. On the contrary, if they are asking for my supervisor's achievements in my field (and not in HE in general), I can do it myself.

Sorry for replying with another question. And thank you again!

Justt wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:06 am
fantonel wrote:
Hi guys!

Thank you!

liukank

Post by liukank » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:41 pm

fantonel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:01 pm
Thank you Justt! That's very useful. And do you know what exactly "relevant to the call content" means? I should indicate, for instance, my supervisor's publications/achievements in my field, or something more broadly connected to Horizon Europe? I am asking because I may not have enough detailed information on my host's involvement in HE, so in that case I would have to call the administration tomorrow morning. On the contrary, if they are asking for my supervisor's achievements in my field (and not in HE in general), I can do it myself.

Justt wrote:
fantonel wrote:
Hi guys!

Thank you!

You have to give information about anything relevant produced by your supervisor or members of the team and/or department, that can be related to your project. For instance, you should list publications or projects that have something to do with your field or can have relationship with the specific thematic of your project. What they want to know is if there is production related to your project in your future environment that justify your choice for going there (things that you probably mentioned in your project but, well, this application is known to be sometimes redundant)

alozzup

Post by alozzup » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Hi everyone! Has anyone already submitted the proposal but received an email reminding them to submit? Is this an automatic reminder?

sparklemoon

Post by sparklemoon » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:49 am

liukank wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:41 pm
fantonel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Justt wrote:

You have to give information about anything relevant produced by your supervisor or members of the team and/or department, that can be related to your project. For instance, you should list publications or projects that have something to do with your field or can have relationship with the specific thematic of your project. What they want to know is if there is production related to your project in your future environment that justify your choice for going there (things that you probably mentioned in your project but, well, this application is known to be sometimes redundant)
Isn't it asking about the applicant's previous publications and projects? That was my interpretation anyway.
The wording of the questions are very ambiguous, and they don't mention anything about the projects being from the supervisor. So, my assumption is that they are talking about your own previous projects here.