2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

4degrees

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by 4degrees » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:40 pm

It's possible that they had the results ready and were sent to the NCPs the day or two after the phase changes in the magic link, which is why some people like TopsyTurvy got results from their NCPs/hosts already.

But with the situation in Ukraine and the exclusion of Russian hosts, I guess the EC have decisions to make. For example, are any proposals with Russian links automatically rejected now, some of whom may have high scores and were allocated funding. Or, are those proposals allowed to be funded and need to pick a different host? What happens with any that had Ukrainian hosts/placements and so on?

I guess all of these things could impact the budget, so they need time to recalculate this, but I guess also they would need to make sure that whatever they do, it's all legal, so that could also possibly delay things.

Just speculation on my part though, I have no clue either way.

DCM-d2

Post by DCM-d2 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:42 pm

Last year I got the rejection email a Tuesday at around 1 am... so it looks like it's gonna be another long night :roll:

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:49 pm

4degrees wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:40 pm
It's possible that they had the results ready and were sent to the NCPs the day or two after the phase changes in the magic link, which is why some people like TopsyTurvy got results from their NCPs/hosts already.

But with the situation in Ukraine and the exclusion of Russian hosts, I guess the EC have decisions to make. For example, are any proposals with Russian links automatically rejected now, some of whom may have high scores and were allocated funding. Or, are those proposals allowed to be funded and need to pick a different host? What happens with any that had Ukrainian hosts/placements and so on?

I guess all of these things could impact the budget, so they need time to recalculate this, but I guess also they would need to make sure that whatever they do, it's all legal, so that could also possibly delay things.

Just speculation on my part though, I have no clue either way.
Don't think that it is a big deal. Ukraine is an associated country to Horizon Europe and they receive a very small piece of the cake.
It is not UK :roll:

https://ri-links2ua.eu/object/document/ ... calls_.pdf

The above link highlights some statistics about the participation of Ukrainian organisations in H2020.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:51 pm

DCM-d2 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:42 pm
Last year I got the rejection email a Tuesday at around 1 am... so it looks like it's gonna be another long night :roll:
Same here.

SezarArj

Post by SezarArj » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:53 pm

These probabilities that you give are probably not true.
If the Ukraine-Russia war, delivery delays or systemic restrictions were the reason for the delay, they would have issued an official announcement.
So you can hope that the final results will be emailed in a few hours.

Was it really hard for them to officially announce the reason for this delay instead of ridiculous announcements on the portal? At least for their own reputation

AnotherCandidate

Post by AnotherCandidate » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:56 pm

SezarArj wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:53 pm
If the Ukraine-Russia war, delivery delays or systemic restrictions were the reason for the delay, they would have issued an official announcement.

Was it really hard for them to officially announce the reason for this delay instead of ridiculous announcements on the portal? At least for their own reputation
I agree. Also, they indicated on the website : "second half of March" before the invasion, so it is unlikely that it is linked

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:57 pm

AnotherCandidate wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:56 pm
SezarArj wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:53 pm

I agree. Also, they indicated on the website : "second half of March" before the invasion, so it is unlikely that it is linked
That is the point, michelef mentioned, I mentioned etc.
Don't want to judge, but this chaos could be controlled simply by posting something very short, that results will available on X timeline!
But still, there is time to go... let's see!

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:59 pm

horizon wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:14 pm
michelef wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:10 pm
Just saw that on Facebook

Screenshot 2022-03-14 150934.png
Hey, michelef, could you reply to that user with this on my behalf
Oh my,amidst this misery you guys get me to laugh hard! You the best! Kkkkkk

MSCA_SOC_2019

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:59 pm

They just don't give a fuck!

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:00 pm

Another NCP informed me:

we don’t have receive any information from the EC concerning the announcement day for the Horizon Europe-MSCA-PF-2021.

According the document “13. General Annexes v1.0”, available under Funding and Tender Portal, you can find this information:

Indicative timetable for evaluation and for signature of the grant agreement

Unless otherwise stated in the specific call conditions, the timing for evaluation and grant preparation is as follows:

– information on the outcome of the evaluation: around 5 months from the deadline for submission;

– indicative date for the signing of grant agreements: around 8 months from the deadline for submission.

Once the results are available, they will appear directly in the platform where you uploaded the proposal

I am getting mad or this is some automatic reply that we are hearing from all of them!