2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Cr@zyChem

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Cr@zyChem » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:59 pm

I my humble opinion, in order to savage any sense of trustworh left, EC will not release the results before next week, once they've made that announcement yesterday.

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:05 pm

I think we could also repost the link to the spreadsheet every 3 pages or so, in this way new guests see it too to increase the data points for whatever theory we can draw from it.

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:06 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:59 pm
I my humble opinion, in order to savage any sense of trustworh left, EC will not release the results before next week, once they've made that announcement yesterday.
Let me keep my sanity against the EC announcement schedules!

little_m

Post by little_m » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:06 pm

little_m wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:53 pm
pkourtes wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:54 am
Hey Guys,
We need also people with an Evaluation in their phase to put their data in the Excel:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

For Magic Link, having both Evaluation and Ranking (and why not Submission) may assist to form a dissociation between them, and come up with better inferences/speculations.
The first five numbers of proposal ID seems having pretty low variance, maybe first six numbers would be better (giving us approx. idea which thousand we are in, if it is starting from zero up).
And also, are we making any inferences from stamp dates? I assumed that it only means the documents were checked and stamped, but the dates do not match the alphabetical order.

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:07 pm

Bahador wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:06 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:59 pm
Let me keep my sanity against the EC announcement schedules!
As I said, it's only my opinion...

UKR

Post by UKR » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Funding support available during the delay to association
As the delay to UK association continues, the UK government has confirmed successful Horizon Europe applicants will receive funding from UKRI regardless of the outcome of the UK’s efforts to associate to Horizon Europe.
This guarantee applies to the first and second wave of calls where the delay to UK association to the programme may prevent them from signing grant agreements.
We have developed a process to enable successful applicants to access their funding under the guarantee.

ririanna

Post by ririanna » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Was reading the erc news on the cog results: https://erc.europa.eu/news/erc-2021-con ... ts-results

Noticed the below on Switzerland and wondering if this had anything to do with the delay:

"The statistics and final list of successful candidates are provisional. After the negotiations (exploratory talks) were concluded, Switzerland is considered a country non-associated to Horizon Europe. As a result, host institutions in Switzerland are not eligible for funding. Exceptionally for this call and the Starting Grant 2021 call, as they were already closed before the end of the negotiations between the EU and Switzerland, successful applicants in Swiss host institutions can still be funded provided they move to a host institution in an eligible country. In addition, successful applicants based in a country in the process of associating to Horizon Europe will be treated as based in an associated country only if the relevant Horizon Europe association agreement applies by the time of the signature of the grant agreement."

michelef

Post by michelef » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:30 pm

ririanna wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:24 pm
Was reading the erc news on the cog results: https://erc.europa.eu/news/erc-2021-con ... ts-results

Noticed the below on Switzerland and wondering if this had anything to do with the delay:

"The statistics and final list of successful candidates are provisional. After the negotiations (exploratory talks) were concluded, Switzerland is considered a country non-associated to Horizon Europe. As a result, host institutions in Switzerland are not eligible for funding. Exceptionally for this call and the Starting Grant 2021 call, as they were already closed before the end of the negotiations between the EU and Switzerland, successful applicants in Swiss host institutions can still be funded provided they move to a host institution in an eligible country. In addition, successful applicants based in a country in the process of associating to Horizon Europe will be treated as based in an associated country only if the relevant Horizon Europe association agreement applies by the time of the signature of the grant agreement."
Everyone talking about UK and Ukraine, and in the end it was Switzerland messing things up all along

pkourtes

Post by pkourtes » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:38 pm

Check CH (it is Switzerland's code), it is about the 10% of the awarded hosts. This is huge, changes a lot of the budget's distribution.
I presume that the same will apply for MSCA. Do you know what happens with the ones applied for going to Switzerland?

https://erc.europa.eu/sites/default/fil ... istics.pdf

UKR

Post by UKR » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:39 pm

Anyone submitted from Switzerland?
michelef wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:30 pm
ririanna wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Everyone talking about UK and Ukraine, and in the end it was Switzerland messing things up all along