MSCA IF Germany

lucifer-in

MSCA IF Germany

Post by lucifer-in » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:13 pm

Hi all, do you know whether MSCA IF recipients in Germany are eligible for Christmas bonuses? I work at an MPI and I have been told that I am not. I am a little concerned since the bonus is equivalent to almost a month's salary!

basanite

Re: MSCA IF Germany

Post by basanite » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:06 pm

I fear that you are not, because you are not paid by the regular pay scale for academics. The budget for your salary is fix from the beginning and out of scale. In my contract e.g. it is explicitly stated that I am not eligible for such boni (Frankfurt).

It is indeed a pity. Christmas bonus is usually a 50% monthly salary on top. Additionally, academics paid based on a regular pay scale will also receive a COVID bonus of about 1300 € at the beginning of 2022, which is also not for us.

But I know from former fellows that if there was money left over at the end of their fellowship they got it.
It has already been addressed here in the forum:
viewtopic.php?t=1164

lucifer-in

Post by lucifer-in » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to type out this detailed and helpful response!

jdls

Post by jdls » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:40 pm

basanite wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:06 pm
I fear that you are not, because you are not paid by the regular pay scale for academics. The budget for your salary is fix from the beginning and out of scale. In my contract e.g. it is explicitly stated that I am not eligible for such boni (Frankfurt).

It is indeed a pity. Christmas bonus is usually a 50% monthly salary on top. Additionally, academics paid based on a regular pay scale will also receive a COVID bonus of about 1300 € at the beginning of 2022, which is also not for us.

But I know from former fellows that if there was money left over at the end of their fellowship they got it.
It has already been addressed here in the forum:
http://talkacademia.com/viewtopic.php?t=1164
Thanks for help and information. I have some money.
Grab Online Money for Beginners.

medical health

Post by medical health » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:53 am

Science is Wonderful! celebrates the value and impact of EU-funded research. It gives primary and secondary school students the chance to interact with leading researchers and innovators, learn more about their work in engaging formats and ask questions about scientific careers.

Since 2015, Science is Wonderful! has organised an annual science fair showcasing research projects and innovations through presentations, hands-on experiments, games and quizzes. medical insurance[https://medicalgrantshelp.com/] is used for it.