Transfer of MSCA-IF from one host Institution to another

varano21

Transfer of MSCA-IF from one host Institution to another

Post by varano21 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this blog so I hope I can get some help or useful suggestions.

I have received an MSCA-IF, which started in Dec 2020, as a part-time grant.
As I have been offered a position at another institution (very prestigious, with important career opportunities in the near future), I'd like to move and transfer my MSCA-IF grant with me. It is important to mention that the new institution fits much more than the current one with the research proposal.

I read that this can be done only for critical reasons that prevent the execution of the program with the current host institution.

Has anyone any suggestion and/or knows whether this transfer may be possible? Anyone who experienced something similar?

Thanks a lot for your help and any hint would be helpful,

Thanks

crella

Re: Transfer of MSCA-IF from one host Institution to another

Post by crella » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:32 pm

Any developments on that?

I am also interested in this topic.

thank you!

pander21

Post by pander21 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:05 pm

Hi, I am also interested if transfer is possible, did you find some more info? I'm particularly interested in special situation when the supervisor/PI moves the lab to a new institution during the course of fellowship. So the supervisor would stay the same, but university would change.

Lilim

Post by Lilim » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I am also interested in this topic as my supervisor will move to another institution a few months after the start of my fellowship. Could this not be one of those 'critical reasons' that could lead to a transfer? After all, successful applications must prove to have the right supervisor at a given institution. Moreover, MSCA guidelines are not very clear on the possibile timing, i.e., is a fellow free to request a transfer at any time during the fellowship or, for example, would it be better for this to happen before signing the grant agreement? Finally, I wonder if there are national/international agencies that offer support and advice for this kind of things.

Many thanks!