MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

IndoGeek

Re: MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Post by IndoGeek » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:15 am

Thanks Morgan92. What did the NCP say about your chances of making it into the main list? My NCP is so vague and non-committal in their responses.
Morgan92 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:52 am
IndoGeek wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:56 am
Anyone here who has got the cut-off score BUT still placed in the reserve list of their panel?
Hi

My score is 92.8 in EF-ENG in the reserve list.

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:50 am

IndoGeek wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:15 am
Thanks Morgan92. What did the NCP say about your chances of making it into the main list? My NCP is so vague and non-committal in their responses.
Morgan92 wrote:
IndoGeek wrote:
Anyone here who has got the cut-off score BUT still placed in the reserve list of their panel?
Hi

Something is getting cooked. The NCP not responding. The NCP did tell me two weeks ago that the FWO (in Belgium) will send funding invitation to 8 highest score in the reserve list that affiliated to Belgium universities next week (which means 10 days ago). I sent her email and sent to the university as well to follow up but no response from both.

melk

Post by melk » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Hi FairEnough,
I received the FWO invitation last week. The deadline to confirm the participation in the program after invitation was on April 7th.
I got 94,2 in EF-LIF (the cutoff was 94,4) but for FWO is not really your score that counts but the relative ranking (your final ranking divided by the number of eligible applicants).

NCP is not responding to me neither…
FairEnough wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:50 am
IndoGeek wrote:
Morgan92 wrote:

Hi

Something is getting cooked. The NCP not responding. The NCP did tell me two weeks ago that the FWO (in Belgium) will send funding invitation to 8 highest score in the reserve list that affiliated to Belgium universities next week (which means 10 days ago). I sent her email and sent to the university as well to follow up but no response from both.

Morgan92

Post by Morgan92 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:45 pm

IndoGeek wrote:
Morgan92 wrote:
IndoGeek wrote:
Hi

Nope. I have sent emails but received no reply.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:27 pm

The only information I was able to get from my NCP was a confirmation that the successful candidates with UK hosts cannot sign the grant agreements if UK does not associate with Horizon Europe before June 14th. But we knew that already...

jw@cam

Post by jw@cam » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:41 pm

melk wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi FairEnough,
I received the FWO invitation last week. The deadline to confirm the participation in the program after invitation was on April 7th.
I got 94,2 in EF-LIF (the cutoff was 94,4) but for FWO is not really your score that counts but the relative ranking (your final ranking divided by the number of eligible applicants).

FairEnough wrote:
IndoGeek wrote:

Congratulations, melk! Have you decided to accept the FWO invitation or continue to wait for the MSCA fellowship? 94.2 seems to be a very promising score with a high rank to get funded off the reserve list in the EF-LIF panel according to the statistics in previous years...

melk

Post by melk » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:40 pm

Thank you jw@cam! Yes, I've accepted the invitation but I hope that, if ever my project will be eventually funded by EC, I could still withdraw from FWO... However, not sure if it's gonna be possible. I asked the FWO what are the rules about that but I didn't get the answer yet.
I cross my fingers that all of you will get funded eventually (either by MSCA or from the alternative sources)!
jw@cam wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:41 pm
melk wrote:
Hi FairEnough,

FairEnough wrote:

Congratulations, melk! Have you decided to accept the FWO invitation or continue to wait for the MSCA fellowship? 94.2 seems to be a very promising score with a high rank to get funded off the reserve list in the EF-LIF panel according to the statistics in previous years...

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:05 pm

melk wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:40 pm
Thank you jw@cam! Yes, I've accepted the invitation but I hope that, if ever my project will be eventually funded by EC, I could still withdraw from FWO... However, not sure if it's gonna be possible. I asked the FWO what are the rules about that but I didn't get the answer yet.
I cross my fingers that all of you will get funded eventually (either by MSCA or from the alternative sources)!
jw@cam wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:41 pm
melk wrote:
Hi FairEnough,

Congrats, melk!

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:33 am

melk wrote:
Hi FairEnough,

FairEnough wrote:
IndoGeek wrote:

Congratulations Melk!!
In fact my chance is very slim, I got 91.2 % in CHE and cutoff is 92.8%.

Regarding your enquiry, it was stated on FWO website "If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.".
https://www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-fundi ... llowships/
So i hope you'll get what you like. But, why you prefer MSCA over MSCA-EF-FWO?

melk

Post by melk » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:08 am

Thank you!
MSCA is more prestigious and more interesting financially (mostly due to the family allowance) but I am already happy that there is some backup for my funding.
It’s crazy how in MSCA every 0,1% counts..it’s like 100m race, the difference between participants is so ridiculous but it may determine their whole future. I cross the fingers that you will get the grant at the end!
FairEnough wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:33 am
melk wrote:
Hi FairEnough,

FairEnough wrote:

Congratulations Melk!!
In fact my chance is very slim, I got 91.2 % in CHE and cutoff is 92.8%.

Regarding your enquiry, it was stated on FWO website "If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.".
https://www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-fundi ... llowships/
So i hope you'll get what you like. But, why you prefer MSCA over MSCA-EF-FWO?