MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

vivelasociologie

Re: MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Post by vivelasociologie » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:24 pm

Hi all,

Congratulations Melk! I am also on the FWO-MSCA list and accepted the fellowship. I asked the NCP whether accepting the FWO fellowship means you cannot get the MSCA anymore, and she said that this is not so: the European Commission does not compile a list of who gets the FWO fellowship, so if you're high on the reserve list you will still get the MSCA fellowship. The NCP also confirmed that in that case it is possible to withdraw from the FWO fellowship and accept the MSCA.

Anybody any ideas when those on the reserve list who end up getting accepted hear something from MSCA? Do they usually wait until June 14th, or do they start to contact people high on the reserve list earlier than that?

Good luck to everyone!!

melk wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:08 am
Thank you!
MSCA is more prestigious and more interesting financially (mostly due to the family allowance) but I am already happy that there is some backup for my funding.
It’s crazy how in MSCA every 0,1% counts..it’s like 100m race, the difference between participants is so ridiculous but it may determine their whole future. I cross the fingers that you will get the grant at the end!
FairEnough wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:33 am
melk wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi FairEnough,
I received the FWO invitation last week. The deadline to confirm the participation in the program after invitation was on April 7th.
I got 94,2 in EF-LIF (the cutoff was 94,4) but for FWO is not really your score that counts but the relative ranking (your final ranking divided by the number of eligible applicants).

NCP is not responding to me neither…

Congratulations Melk!!
In fact my chance is very slim, I got 91.2 % in CHE and cutoff is 92.8%.

Regarding your enquiry, it was stated on FWO website "If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.".
https://www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-fundi ... llowships/
So i hope you'll get what you like. But, why you prefer MSCA over MSCA-EF-FWO?

vivelasociologie

Post by vivelasociologie » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:59 pm

As you mention family allowance, I also came across information that the income for MSCA is way higher if you're married/in a civil partnership than if you're single (https://fastepo.com/marie-curie-salary- ... countries/). €8.000 before tax more per year! Does anyone have more info on this, like do you need to be in a civil partnership/married before signing the contract? I am currently on the reserve list but according to my NCP it is quite likely that I will receive the fellowship in the end. And although I'm not sure how I feel about this advantage for couples, for so much money it might be worth trying to convince my partner :lol:

melk wrote:
Thank you!
MSCA is more prestigious and more interesting financially (mostly due to the family allowance) but I am already happy that there is some backup for my funding.
It’s crazy how in MSCA every 0,1% counts..it’s like 100m race, the difference between participants is so ridiculous but it may determine their whole future. I cross the fingers that you will get the grant at the end!
FairEnough wrote:
melk wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi FairEnough,
I received the FWO invitation last week. The deadline to confirm the participation in the program after invitation was on April 7th.
I got 94,2 in EF-LIF (the cutoff was 94,4) but for FWO is not really your score that counts but the relative ranking (your final ranking divided by the number of eligible applicants).

NCP is not responding to me neither…

Congratulations Melk!!

Regarding your enquiry, it was stated on FWO website "If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.".

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:43 pm

vivelasociologie wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:24 pm
Hi all,

Congratulations Melk! I am also on the FWO-MSCA list and accepted the fellowship. I asked the NCP whether accepting the FWO fellowship means you cannot get the MSCA anymore, and she said that this is not so: the European Commission does not compile a list of who gets the FWO fellowship, so if you're high on the reserve list you will still get the MSCA fellowship. The NCP also confirmed that in that case it is possible to withdraw from the FWO fellowship and accept the MSCA.

Anybody any ideas when those on the reserve list who end up getting accepted hear something from MSCA? Do they usually wait until June 14th, or do they start to contact people high on the reserve list earlier than that?

Good luck to everyone!!

melk wrote:
Thank you!
FairEnough wrote:

Congratulations Melk!!

What is your place on the reserve list, if you don't mind me asking? You're in SOC, right?

melk

Post by melk » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:02 pm

Congrats for you as well and many thanks for sharing the info from the NCP!

Regarding the family allowance: in previous years you needed to be in an officially recognised partnership (or/and have a child) at the moment of submission to be eligible but I think the rules changed last year and the allowance may be adjusted during the fellowship if your personal situation changes. I am not 100% sure though..

Good luck!
vivelasociologie wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:24 pm
Hi all,

Good luck to everyone!!

melk wrote:
Thank you!
FairEnough wrote:

Congratulations Melk!!

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:06 am

vivelasociologie wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:59 pm
As you mention family allowance, I also came across information that the income for MSCA is way higher if you're married/in a civil partnership than if you're single (https://fastepo.com/marie-curie-salary- ... countries/). €8.000 before tax more per year! Does anyone have more info on this, like do you need to be in a civil partnership/married before signing the contract? I am currently on the reserve list but according to my NCP it is quite likely that I will receive the fellowship in the end. And although I'm not sure how I feel about this advantage for couples, for so much money it might be worth trying to convince my partner :lol:

melk wrote:
Thank you!
FairEnough wrote:

Congratulations Melk!!

Hi, this is reported on the FAQ page.
"Under Horizon Europe, if the recruited researcher acquires family obligations during the implementation of the project (marriage, or relationship with equivalent status, or dependent children), the family allowance can be requested and added. This is different to Horizon 2020 calls whereby the researcher's family status remained fixed for the duration of the action".
Do you mind tell us your position in the reserve list and which panel?

vivelasociologie

Post by vivelasociologie » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Thanks for the info!

Concerning my position on the list, my NCP informed me I'm first on the EF-SOC reserve list. I'm on the cut-off score: 93,6.

By the way, my NCP just informed me that the Commission will finance a first round of proposals from the reserve list in the Summer, and a second round in the Autumn if there is any money left. So it looks like we still have to wait a couple of months before knowing more...
gigi-7 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:06 am
vivelasociologie wrote:

melk wrote:
Thank you!

"Under Horizon Europe, if the recruited researcher acquires family obligations during the implementation of the project (marriage, or relationship with equivalent status, or dependent children), the family allowance can be requested and added. This is different to Horizon 2020 calls whereby the researcher's family status remained fixed for the duration of the action".

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:44 pm

vivelasociologie wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:32 pm
Thanks for the info!

Concerning my position on the list, my NCP informed me I'm first on the EF-SOC reserve list. I'm on the cut-off score: 93,6.

By the way, my NCP just informed me that the Commission will finance a first round of proposals from the reserve list in the Summer, and a second round in the Autumn if there is any money left. So it looks like we still have to wait a couple of months before knowing more...
gigi-7 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:06 am
vivelasociologie wrote:

Well, yes, that because successful candidates don't actually withdraw. They just wait until the deadline for signing the contracts passes and only then they're off the main list.

emancipatedcity

Post by emancipatedcity » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:44 pm

Hi guys
Anyone has any new info/good news to share? Sharing is caring :)

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:24 pm

emancipatedcity wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:44 pm
Hi guys
Hey! Thanks for writing. I was about to ask the same thing. :) I think a lot depends, when it comes to the UK association thing, on what will happen in the Northern Ireland elections that will take place in two weeks from now. So far, EU and UK don't seem to be any closer to an agreement on the NIP, and the signs from UK are that they won't be any time soon...
Here's the latest related news: https://www.ft.com/content/327c4909-fa6 ... 6eebe5849e

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:26 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:24 pm
emancipatedcity wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:44 pm
Hi guys
Hey! Thanks for writing. I was about to ask the same thing. :) I think a lot depends, when it comes to the UK association thing, on what will happen in the Northern Ireland elections that will take place in two weeks from now. So far, EU and UK don't seem to be any closer to an agreement on the NIP, and the signs from UK are that they won't be any time soon...
Here's the latest related news: https://www.ft.com/content/327c4909-fa6 ... 6eebe5849e
Or here, if you cannot access the whole article on ft.com:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -rees-mogg