Re: MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Post by trina_80 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:13 pm

gigi-7 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:56 pm
trina_80 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:24 am
melk wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:21 pm
Thanks trina for the clarification! I imagine they still needed to pay a participation fee covering the administrative work and the evaluation process to be able to apply... anyway, bigger budget would be a good news for all of us!
Hey, you're welcome! ;) Yes, I assume they did pay some participation fee, but the largest "chunk" of the budget is still "put aside".
And to keep our live updates section very much alive, check out this transcript of a debate that took place yesterday in the House of Lords: https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/202 ... rchCouncil
Enjoy! :roll:
Thank you so much for sharing this.
It does sounds like in both cases people from the reserve list have higher chances to be contacted this year.

On another note, it is very sad to read how some tory Minister does not understand how bad would be for researchers and research if the UK did not associate.
You're very welcome. I know the uncertainty and the waiting are painful for all of us and I'm happy to try and keep the hope alive. ;)
And, yes, as I've said before, the idea that it is expected that more people from the reserve list will get funded would also explain why this year the reserve list is so long - 586 people (across all panels) versus 264 last year.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Wed May 04, 2022 1:51 pm

Hey, guys! How are you holding up? :? Have you heard anything new? I haven't... I guess we may have some news after the elections in Northern Ireland tomorrow, depending on what UK decides to do regarding the NIP. The only thing of interest I came across today was a reference (to an older article) in a recent article from Politico to a "retaliation package" that EU has started drafting last year for the situation in which Britain unilaterally suspends NI trade rules - https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-tari ... on-brexit/

Among the potential "punishments", to cut U.K. out of Horizon Europe:

"Another option under consideration is to cut the U.K. out of the EU's research and innovation program Horizon Europe, but EU diplomats and officials acknowledge that would hardly be a strong enough punishment. The Brexit trade and cooperation agreement allows for the U.K.'s association in the seven-year program, but it can’t participate until both sides sign an association agreement."

Also, from what I understand, the negotiations between UK and EU are supposed to resume after the elections... So I guess we'll have to wait (still) and see. :?

DagS

Post by DagS » Thu May 05, 2022 4:00 am

Hi,

I am on the SOC reserve list with 93,0 % (cut-out at 93,6). Has anything moved there, anyone been contacted? I was informed by NCS that I am in 25th place on the reserve list.

Thanks for this great forum and to keep each other informed.

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Thu May 05, 2022 10:56 am

Hello guys, and as usual thank you Trina for keeping us updated :) I have noticed they have started updating the funded project list on the Funding and Tenders portal. I am not sure if they are uploading the grants already signed, because they keep updating the list every day. Let's wait and see. I don't think they will contact people in the reserve list before the 14th of June anyway.

Kevin90

Post by Kevin90 » Thu May 05, 2022 11:52 am

Hello,
I just found that the signed Seal of Excellence document has been uploaded to the portal. It might be an indication of rejection although there is no former letter for that until now.
I am on the reserve list: EF-CHE 92.4%.

emancipatedcity

Post by emancipatedcity » Thu May 05, 2022 12:11 pm

Kevin90 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:52 am
Hello,
I just found that the signed Seal of Excellence document has been uploaded to the portal. It might be an indication of rejection although there is no former letter for that until now.
Mine uploaded as well. I'm on the reserve list with the score of 93.4 (EF-SOC). Does the Seal of Excellence mean that our high hopes for extra funding have vanished?

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Thu May 05, 2022 12:56 pm

Nah, when they announced the results in March they already said that the SEAL of Excellence certificates would be released in May anyway. I don't think that's an indication of whether your proposal will be funded.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:02 pm

gigi-7 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:56 pm
Nah, when they announced the results in March they already said that the SEAL of Excellence certificates would be released in May anyway. I don't think that's an indication of whether your proposal will be funded.
Yeah, that's right. It was sent automatically to all those who received a score over 85%. And, yes, they did say that they will release the certificates in early May. So don't worry, nothing changed. Not for the worst, anyway... ;)

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:10 pm

Kevin90 wrote:
Hello,
The formal letters of rejection for those on the reserve list will only be sent very close to the opening date of the next call. If I'm not mistaken, last time they were sent in February. So, again, don't worry. The Seal of Excellence doesn't mean anything. Except, of course, that that you've written an excellent proposal ;)

emancipatedcity

Post by emancipatedcity » Thu May 05, 2022 3:45 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:10 pm
Kevin90 wrote:
Hello,
The formal letters of rejection for those on the reserve list will only be sent very close to the opening date of the next call. If I'm not mistaken, last time they were sent in February. So, again, don't worry. The Seal of Excellence doesn't mean anything. Except, of course, that that you've written an excellent proposal ;)
That's a relief :)