MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Wolvy_18

Re: MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Post by Wolvy_18 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:59 am

I have 90.8 in EF-CHE. I am surprised that with this low score I am in ranking! (I had 92.2 last year and I was rejected. The cut off then was 93).

pander21

Post by pander21 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:20 am

Hi, EF-LIF here with 94% on reserve list. I was told that lot will depend on whether or not UK will associate to Horizon Europe. If not, reservists (going non-UK) have a higher chance. No idea when that decision will be made.

Kevin90

Post by Kevin90 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:25 am

Hello,

I just got a reply from NCP in UK.
They were not able to see where I am on the reserve list at this moment. And they don't know the cutoff score of the EF-CHE panel.
They also mentioned that in 2018, only ~40 people across all the panels were funded of the reserve list and in 2019 only 69 people across all the panels were funded of the reserve list.

Thinking about my score of 92.4 and the EF-CHE panel possibly having a cutoff score higher than 93. My chance to be picked up is low. But I can not resubmit before the confirmation of rejection. Otherwise, the resubmission will be recognized quickly again in the reverse list. The worse case is they reject after the deadline of the next call, then I have no chance to resubmit.
It is too suffering to wait in the reserve list.

Good luck.

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:38 am

Kevin90 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:25 am
Hello,

They were not able to see where I am on the reserve list at this moment. And they don't know the cutoff score of the EF-CHE panel.
They also mentioned that in 2018, only ~40 people across all the panels were funded of the reserve list and in 2019 only 69 people across all the panels were funded of the reserve list.

Thinking about my score of 92.4 and the EF-CHE panel possibly having a cutoff score higher than 93. My chance to be picked up is low. But I can not resubmit before the confirmation of rejection. Otherwise, the resubmission will be recognized quickly again in the reverse list. The worse case is they reject after the deadline of the next call, then I have no chance to resubmit.

Good luck.
The cutoff score list is now available on the portal.
https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... ePageState

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:55 am

pander21 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:20 am
Hi, EF-LIF here with 94% on reserve list. I was told that lot will depend on whether or not UK will associate to Horizon Europe. If not, reservists (going non-UK) have a higher chance. No idea when that decision will be made.
Here is a post on this from another thread:

karbonnom wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:45 am
For those who got it with a UK host, this was sent to me by my NCP:

You may be aware that the UK has still not formally associated to the Horizon Europe programme and until we do associate, we cannot sign a Grant Agreement with the EU.

To overcome this, the UK government has provided a guarantee of UKRI funding for any successful UK applicant to the programme. This guarantee covers successful applications under a number of calls including this one, and includes all calls where the grant agreement is expected to be signed before the end of 2022.
See the top document on this link: https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... -guidance/
Your call is noted on page 17 as one of those in the second wave of the guarantee.

So funding for the project is secure, but unless there is an extremely fast end to the UK/EU negotiations regarding our association to Horizon Europe, it does mean that your project will be funded through UK resources. There are no additional ‘review’ hurdles to obtain this money. There will be various admin tasks by me/Research Services because we need to complete some additional admin processes to register the project on the UKRI systems rather than the EU portal. I will take care of this, specific guidance is being made available on a call by call basis. Our team is now managing many awards that are going to be funded by the UK Govt and so we are becoming familiar with the processes.

TLDR: UK is not yet associated with the Horizon Program but funding is still secure (money will come from UKRI).

Kevin90

Post by Kevin90 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:56 am

gigi-7 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:38 am
Kevin90 wrote:
Hello,

Good luck.
Thank you for your notification!
Although the cutoff score 92.8 for EF-CHE appears to be close to mine 92.4, it would be impossible for me to be selected from the list, considering someone having the cutoff score on the list.

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:57 am

gigi-7 wrote:
Kevin90 wrote:
Hello,

Good luck.
the link has no cutoff info dude, or maybe I was not success to find it?

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:59 am

FairEnough wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:57 am
gigi-7 wrote:
Kevin90 wrote:
Hello,

Good luck.
the link has no cutoff info dude, or maybe I was not success to find it?
You can find it in the call updates section.

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:17 am

The cutoff of BE-CHE is 92.8
from the percentage, it could be assumed got 30 proposals in the reserve list who secured 91.XX.

jw@cam

Post by jw@cam » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:26 am

The cut-off for EF-LIF is 94.4, and my score is 94.4 (4.5/4.9/5). My NCP told me that I am ranked 2nd on the EF-LIF reserve list (due to the low score in the Excellence part).