MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

trina_80

Re: MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am

pander21 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:20 am
Hi, EF-LIF here with 94% on reserve list. I was told that lot will depend on whether or not UK will associate to Horizon Europe. If not, reservists (going non-UK) have a higher chance. No idea when that decision will be made.
Hi! Could you share who told you that?

roro

Post by roro » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:57 am

Cutoff at 92.8 in EF-ENG and I received 92.6 :cry:

pander21

Post by pander21 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:10 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am
pander21 wrote:
Hi, EF-LIF here with 94% on reserve list. I was told that lot will depend on whether or not UK will associate to Horizon Europe. If not, reservists (going non-UK) have a higher chance. No idea when that decision will be made.
My uni grant admin office that got it from NCP. But they didn't have any more specific info. It is only logical, I think the money intended for UK proposals would then go to others in the list.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:48 pm

pander21 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:10 pm
trina_80 wrote:
pander21 wrote:
My uni grant admin office that got it from NCP. But they didn't have any more specific info. It is only logical, I think the money intended for UK proposals would then go to others in the list.
Right. That makes sense to me as well, particularly given the fact that the budget has been approved a long time ago. However, there were many on this forum claiming that UK would simply leave with their share of the budget, if there's no agreement. And as ridiculous as that sounds, I still can't eliminate the possibility, as I've seen other more ridiculous things happening...

pander21

Post by pander21 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:59 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:48 pm
pander21 wrote:
trina_80 wrote:

Right. That makes sense to me as well, particularly given the fact that the budget has been approved a long time ago. However, there were many on this forum claiming that UK would simply leave with their share of the budget, if there's no agreement. And as ridiculous as that sounds, I still can't eliminate the possibility, as I've seen other more ridiculous things happening...
Let's see. If that's the case it could still mean lowering the cutoff threshold, as long as UK's budget contribution is lower than the total amount of money requested for UK proposals (hence proportionally more money would stay for EU-only). Not sure if that's the case though, we'd need to see some stats on that.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:33 pm

pander21 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:59 pm
trina_80 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:48 pm
pander21 wrote:

Let's see. If that's the case it could still mean lowering the cutoff threshold, as long as UK's budget contribution is lower than the total amount of money requested for UK proposals (hence proportionally more money would stay for EU-only). Not sure if that's the case though, we'd need to see some stats on that.
I think you're right, but yes, we don't have enough information on that. The idea that the budget that would have otherwise been allocated to UK would get redistributed within this call if there's no agreement might give a lot of hope to the people on the reserve list. If that were to happen, between the dropouts and this, I am pretty sure that many, if not all, on the reserve lists would get funded, as so many grants go yearly to hosts in the UK. That's why I'm insisting on this topic, and particularly in this thread, as it might be of interest to many.

So if anyone has any additional info on this, please share.

emancipatedcity

Post by emancipatedcity » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:55 pm

Hi guys
I've just joined this great discussion forum, and it's extremely useful. So many thanks for sharing and creating the forum for discussion :)

My score is 93,4 (EF-SOC), and I'm on the reserve list. Today, I contacted my national MSCA contact point, and they told me that my proposal's overall ranking is 230th. The last funded project's ranking is 222. That means that 8 projects are ahead of me on the reserve list. Also, I'm following the UK Horizon news closely, so if anyone has any additional info on this, please share asap.

We can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:17 pm

emancipatedcity wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:55 pm
Hi guys
I've just joined this great discussion forum, and it's extremely useful. So many thanks for sharing and creating the forum for discussion :)

My score is 93,4 (EF-SOC), and I'm on the reserve list. Today, I contacted my national MSCA contact point, and they told me that my proposal's overall ranking is 230th. The last funded project's ranking is 222. That means that 8 projects are ahead of me on the reserve list. Also, I'm following the UK Horizon news closely, so if anyone has any additional info on this, please share asap.

Hey! Thanks for sharing and congrats for the high score. On any other year you would have gotten it already. :-) But fingers crossed that you (and everyone on the reserve list) gets funded in the end. I am also keeping an eye on the whole UK situation and will definitely share any new info. Hang in there! :-)

emancipatedcity

Post by emancipatedcity » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:47 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:17 pm
emancipatedcity wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:55 pm
Hi guys

Hey! Thanks for sharing and congrats for the high score. On any other year you would have gotten it already. :-) But fingers crossed that you (and everyone on the reserve list) gets funded in the end. I am also keeping an eye on the whole UK situation and will definitely share any new info. Hang in there! :-)
Hey thanks! If I get any cool new info, I’ll also definitely share!

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:03 am

The guys with seal of excellence, check the link out. It could be useful.
https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and- ... er-msca_en