Re: MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Post by jw@cam » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:26 pm

Kevin90 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:07 pm
cgchem wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:56 pm
Kevin90 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:50 pm

Very helpful information. I think I might be somewhere 12th of the reserve list, low chance to be granted.
Thanks and congrats on your fellowship.
Thank you. Lets wait and see if the situation changes regarding the budget discussion that is currently going on. Maybe the list will move more than past years. I hope for it!
My host is in UK. So if the budget discussion is related to any reduction of funding in UK, then my chance is lowered.

Successful applicants with a host organisation based in a country in the process of associating to Horizon Europe will not be eligible if the association agreement does not apply by the time of the signature of the grant agreement. The signatures of the grant agreements in this call are expected by 14th June at the latest.

I think this indicates the association of UK to Horizon Europe. I don't expect the association will be delayed after 14th June, but let's keep an eye on the progress.

cgchem

Post by cgchem » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:30 pm

jw@cam wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:21 pm
cgchem wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:37 pm
Kevin90 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:27 pm

They told me they don't have the list yet. My score is 92.4 EF-CHE.
I have a reply from my NCP, I was also for EF-CHE, with 92 score. I was 166th of the list, and currently at the 16th position of the reserve list. I believe the list will not reach my position. I got the ERA fellowship though.
The MSCA twitter official account said:

Under the #ERA fellowships the Commission will fund 50 additional excellent researchers in low research and innovation performing countries in the European Union and Associated Countries.

https://twitter.com/MSCActions/status/1 ... 7310988291

Will the #ERA fellowships be awarded to those on the reserve list (seems this is true based on the quoted information, but only candidates on the reserve list with hosts in "low research and innovation performing countries" have the chances) or they have been already awarded to those with above the cut-off scores?

UPDATED:
sa6shah wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:57 am
sa6shah wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:26 am
Hi guys
EF-CHE
4.4 4.6 5
Score 91.6
Reserve list
Guys, there is another letter in my Proposal Management & Grant Preparation from ERA PF, informing me that I have been selected for funding and soon will be invited for grant preparation.
This letter also says that I have been assigned a new proposal number for ERA-PF call and I should be able to see it in Funding & tender opportunities account.
But, At the moment I cannot see anything new in there.

Anyone received a same letter? what should we do?
The quoted information reports a case funded by ERA, with a 91.6 score on the reserve list of EF-CHE. This can confirm that some of candidates on the reserve list with hosts in "low research and innovation performing countries" will or have been notified to be funded by ERA.

Please share if you have further information.
We submit the same application, it is evaluated and considered initially for the MSCA. If the evaluation was not high enough for the cut off score, you will be considered for the ERA fellowship if:
- Your proposal involves a Host Institution on specific countries (there is a list);
- You stated on the submission that you would also accept to be considered for an ERA fellowship (there was a box to check).

As an example, this is my case. I received the evaluation as well as two letters. One regarding the reserve list, and the other regarding the acceptance of my proposal under the ERA program. They already released the results regarding the cut off of ERA, which was 89.6. But only if your proposal complies to the rules I mentioned above.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

sa6shah

Post by sa6shah » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:41 am

jw@cam wrote:
cgchem wrote:
Kevin90 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:27 pm

They told me they don't have the list yet. My score is 92.4 EF-CHE.
I have a reply from my NCP, I was also for EF-CHE, with 92 score. I was 166th of the list, and currently at the 16th position of the reserve list. I believe the list will not reach my position. I got the ERA fellowship though.

Under the #ERA fellowships the Commission will fund 50 additional excellent researchers in low research and innovation performing countries in the European Union and Associated Countries.

Will the #ERA fellowships be awarded to those on the reserve list (seems this is true based on the quoted information, but only candidates on the reserve list with hosts in "low research and innovation performing countries" have the chances) or they have been already awarded to those with above the cut-off scores?

UPDATED:
sa6shah wrote:
sa6shah wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:26 am
Hi guys
EF-CHE
4.4 4.6 5
Score 91.6
Reserve list
Guys, there is another letter in my Proposal Management & Grant Preparation from ERA PF, informing me that I have been selected for funding and soon will be invited for grant preparation.
This letter also says that I have been assigned a new proposal number for ERA-PF call and I should be able to see it in Funding & tender opportunities account.

The quoted information reports a case funded by ERA, with a 91.6 score on the reserve list of EF-CHE. This can confirm that some of candidates on the reserve list with hosts in "low research and innovation performing countries" will or have been notified to be funded by ERA.

Hi
I think someone already mentioned the ERA cut of.

So if you are above that cut of, and your host country is one of the below, you will be funded by ERA:
"
According to the Horizon Europe regulation in this programme component
the less advanced countries eligible for hosting the co-ordinator of widening actions are
Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta,
Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and all Associated Countries with equivalent
characteristics in terms of R&I performance and the Outermost Regions (defined in Art. 349
TFEU). Hereinafter, these countries including the Outermost Regions will be named
'widening countries' in the following document.
"

Kevin90

Post by Kevin90 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:33 pm

sa6shah wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:41 am
jw@cam wrote:
cgchem wrote:

UPDATED:
sa6shah wrote:

Hi

So if you are above that cut of, and your host country is one of the below, you will be funded by ERA:
"
the less advanced countries eligible for hosting the co-ordinator of widening actions are
Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta,
Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and all Associated Countries with equivalent
characteristics in terms of R&I performance and the Outermost Regions (defined in Art. 349
TFEU). Hereinafter, these countries including the Outermost Regions will be named
"
I don't think they select projects above the cutoff. Otherwise, the announced results have to be recalculated.
They are more likely to find projects for ERA in the reserve list, and will not change anything for those above the cutoff.

sa6shah

Post by sa6shah » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:58 pm

Kevin90 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:33 pm
sa6shah wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:41 am
jw@cam wrote:

UPDATED:

Hi

"
"
I don't think they select projects above the cutoff. Otherwise, the announced results have to be recalculated.
They are more likely to find projects for ERA in the reserve list, and will not change anything for those above the cutoff.
I meant above the ERA cut of

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:19 pm

Hi guys, just saw this one on the MSCA Twitter account:

My project is on the reserve list, will I be contacted?

🟢586 projects are on the reserve list
🟢
@REA_research
will contact the first projects in the next 2 months
🟢New projects on the reserve list will be contacted whenever a selected project refuses the grant

I am not sure how many "first projects" they are considering or what "new projects" is referring to, but it does look like our hopes are depending on people refusing the grants.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:49 pm

gigi-7 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:19 pm

🟢
@REA_research
🟢New projects on the reserve list will be contacted whenever a selected project refuses the grant

I am not sure how many "first projects" they are considering or what "new projects" is referring to, but it does look like our hopes are depending on people refusing the grants.
Thank you for sharing this! Right, for now we're depending on dropouts. But a lot may change if UK does not formalize its association with Horizon Europe. In that case, many more from the reserve list may get contacted...

Kevin90

Post by Kevin90 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:56 pm

gigi-7 wrote:

🟢
@REA_research

I think new projects simply mean the ones replacing the dropoff projects.

Kevin90

Post by Kevin90 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:57 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:49 pm
gigi-7 wrote:

🟢
@REA_research

Thank you for sharing this! Right, for now we're depending on dropouts. But a lot may change if UK does not formalize its association with Horizon Europe. In that case, many more from the reserve list may get contacted...
And many from UK will drop off? bad news for me.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:19 pm

Kevin90 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:57 pm
trina_80 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:49 pm
gigi-7 wrote:

🟢
@REA_research

And many from UK will drop off? bad news for me.
No, the UK issue is a different story. If UK doesn't formalize its association with Horizon Europe, the people who got the fellowships and have a UK host will be funded by UKRY instead of being funded by Horizon Europe. This might mean (emphasis on might, as I'm not actually sure) that those extra funds might be used to finance the projects on the reserve list.