MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

emancipatedcity

Re: MSCA RESERVE LIST 2021

Post by emancipatedcity » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:22 pm

IndoGeek wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:27 pm
Received my rejection letter too as my host is UK-based. I was first on the reserve list of the EF-ECO panel. I can't believe my luck...
Sorry to hear, IndoGeek. I hope you will be able to get funding from UKRI.

emancipatedcity

Post by emancipatedcity » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:24 pm

Morgan92 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:14 pm
Sad news here. Just received the rejection letter. Due to the failure of UK's association to the EU, people on the reserve list with UK hosts are ineligible.
Very disappointing. We on the reserve list with UK hosts are deprived of the opportunity to move to the main list according to the dropouts and finally be funded by the UKRI.
Sorry to hear, Morgan. I hope you will be able to get your Horizon Europe UKRI guarantee funding soon.

modal_bro

Post by modal_bro » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:38 am

Does anyone know where one might find a list of NCPs? I'm an American applying for a position in Denmark and it looks like the United States does not have an NCP. Would I just contact the Danish NCP?

Really hoping I can sneak in from the Reserve list. The cutoff for my section was 93.6 and I scored a 93.4 :( .

Anna1234

Post by Anna1234 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:12 am

Hi Modal_bro, yes I think you can contact the Danish NCP in that case. I’m in a similar situation and that worked out for me.

modal_bro

Post by modal_bro » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:51 am

Anna1234 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:12 am
Hi Modal_bro, yes I think you can contact the Danish NCP in that case. I’m in a similar situation and that worked out for me.
Thank you Anna!

fmi20

Post by fmi20 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:26 am

IndoGeek wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:27 pm
Received my rejection letter too as my host is UK-based. I was first on the reserve list of the EF-ECO panel. I can't believe my luck...
Hi, I also received rejection letter being with UK host on the reserve list. I wrote to UKRI explaining that the situation is very unfair as quite a few with UK hosts from the reserve list would have otherwise had real chances to get the grant, hence their guarantee does not really work for everyone, and their answers were general and quite unhelpful, something like they can't do anything about it, that they cannot know that all on reserve list with Uk host received rejection letter, and it is not up to them etc. Basically just declining responsability, as if the ones with UK hosts on the reserve list do not belong to anyone, EU doesn't take them into consideration, UKRI says it is not their problem :) So I think you should definitely write to them as well, since you were first on the reserve list, you should definitely write to them so they are convinced that ALL with UK host, irrespective of their position, received a rejection letter, that might make them think that it is a problem as their guarantee forgot people with real chances on the reserve list. Here is where I wrote: EUGrantsFunding <EUGrantsFunding@ukri.org>

Good luck!

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:05 am

Hi #melk
have you received anything from MSCA? I received an email from FWO that "you have been selected to apply for the FWO Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Seal of Excellence postdoctoral fellowship (MSCA SoE FWO) with your proposal". The point I don't know what it means "selected to apply". Does it mean that I already get the FWO fellowship or do I have to go through the evaluation process by FWO evaluation committee or...? I wrote to them but no response yet

melk wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:08 am
Thank you!
MSCA is more prestigious and more interesting financially (mostly due to the family allowance) but I am already happy that there is some backup for my funding.
It’s crazy how in MSCA every 0,1% counts..it’s like 100m race, the difference between participants is so ridiculous but it may determine their whole future. I cross the fingers that you will get the grant at the end!
FairEnough wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:33 am
melk wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi FairEnough,
I received the FWO invitation last week. The deadline to confirm the participation in the program after invitation was on April 7th.
I got 94,2 in EF-LIF (the cutoff was 94,4) but for FWO is not really your score that counts but the relative ranking (your final ranking divided by the number of eligible applicants).

NCP is not responding to me neither…

Congratulations Melk!!
In fact my chance is very slim, I got 91.2 % in CHE and cutoff is 92.8%.

Regarding your enquiry, it was stated on FWO website "If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.".
https://www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-fundi ... llowships/
So i hope you'll get what you like. But, why you prefer MSCA over MSCA-EF-FWO?

vivelasociologie

Post by vivelasociologie » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:35 am

Hi FairEnough,

Normally if they "invite" you that means you've got the fellowship, congratulations! You have to send your project to the FWO but they told me there is no selection procedure anymore. If they sent you an e-mail now I guess that means they contacted additional people in July, perhaps because some people did not accept the MSCA SoE fellowship by FWO.

Hope it works out for the UK people on the reserve list, what a shitty situation...!
FairEnough wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:05 am
Hi #melk
have you received anything from MSCA? I received an email from FWO that "you have been selected to apply for the FWO Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Seal of Excellence postdoctoral fellowship (MSCA SoE FWO) with your proposal". The point I don't know what it means "selected to apply". Does it mean that I already get the FWO fellowship or do I have to go through the evaluation process by FWO evaluation committee or...? I wrote to them but no response yet

melk wrote:
Thank you!
MSCA is more prestigious and more interesting financially (mostly due to the family allowance) but I am already happy that there is some backup for my funding.
It’s crazy how in MSCA every 0,1% counts..it’s like 100m race, the difference between participants is so ridiculous but it may determine their whole future. I cross the fingers that you will get the grant at the end!
FairEnough wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:33 am

Congratulations Melk!!
In fact my chance is very slim, I got 91.2 % in CHE and cutoff is 92.8%.

Regarding your enquiry, it was stated on FWO website "If the applications on the reserve list are in the end picked up by the European Commission, no other application will be funded by the FWO.".
https://www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-fundi ... llowships/
So i hope you'll get what you like. But, why you prefer MSCA over MSCA-EF-FWO?

oldchap

Post by oldchap » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:54 am

Hi.

I just received grant preparation agreement email.

I was in reserve list for EF-ENG.
Last edited by oldchap on Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:56 am

Thank you for the info vivelasociologie
Appreciated!
vivelasociologie wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:35 am
Hi FairEnough,

Normally if they "invite" you that means you've got the fellowship, congratulations! You have to send your project to the FWO but they told me there is no selection procedure anymore. If they sent you an e-mail now I guess that means they contacted additional people in July, perhaps because some people did not accept the MSCA SoE fellowship by FWO.

Hope it works out for the UK people on the reserve list, what a shitty situation...!
FairEnough wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:05 am
Hi #melk

melk wrote:
Thank you!