Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

fique86
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:22 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by fique86 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:13 pm

Aquiles wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:43 pm
So it looks like that at this point we don't have to do anything unless we are asked to do something. And what we definitely don't have to do is to make changes by ourselves in the "Grant agreement data" web, right?

Are you starting by the default date? Because I'd like to delay the start date a bit, but don't know if I should let someone know this now or if I will be asked in the near future.
I think we're understanding the right thing! My project officer keeps reminding me not to change anything in the system. So, I think for now, we need to sit back.

Is there a default date? I thought we're allowed to begin our fellowship within 12 months of the agreement date, right?

Aquiles
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:07 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by Aquiles » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:49 pm

fique86 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:13 pm
Is there a default date? I thought we're allowed to begin our fellowship within 12 months of the agreement date, right?
I think you are right. However, in the GAP app, in the General Information tab, there is a section 'Start Date Option' indicating 'The first day of the month after the signature. Used in Grant Agreements.' It can be changed to 'Specific Fixed Date.'

Not sure when this should be changed in case we want to delay the start date and if we should change it by ourselves or not.

fique86
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:22 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by fique86 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Aquiles wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:49 pm
fique86 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:13 pm
Is there a default date? I thought we're allowed to begin our fellowship within 12 months of the agreement date, right?
I think you are right. However, in the GAP app, in the General Information tab, there is a section 'Start Date Option' indicating 'The first day of the month after the signature. Used in Grant Agreements.' It can be changed to 'Specific Fixed Date.'

Not sure when this should be changed in case we want to delay the start date and if we should change it by ourselves or not.
Ahh got you. I am thinking of beginning in January 2023. So, after reading this, I think I really need to discuss with my supervisor.

Aquiles
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:07 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by Aquiles » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:39 am

Hi guys,

Any news on your Grant Agreements?

Cheers.

Ciba
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by Ciba » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:36 am

No.
But I saw that my host put in their bank details/assigned a signature person late last week and when I checked just now it was gone again - so they might be setting everything back because of the occurring errors (?).
Aquiles wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:39 am
Hi guys,

Any news on your Grant Agreements?

Cheers.

mscaif2021
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by mscaif2021 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:28 am

My project Officer informed me that the EC is experiencing some IT issues and that it is delaying the Grant Agreement process, is that just for me or has anyone else been informed that? and have been told how long they think it would last? I need to apply for a Visa so I need the signed GA ASAP...

griffin
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by griffin » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:51 pm

mscaif2021 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:28 am
My project Officer informed me that the EC is experiencing some IT issues and that it is delaying the Grant Agreement process, is that just for me or has anyone else been informed that? and have been told how long they think it would last? I need to apply for a Visa so I need the signed GA ASAP...
Yes, I got the same msg here (two days ago).

griffin
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by griffin » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:59 pm

Aquiles wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:49 pm
fique86 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:13 pm
Is there a default date? I thought we're allowed to begin our fellowship within 12 months of the agreement date, right?
I think you are right. However, in the GAP app, in the General Information tab, there is a section 'Start Date Option' indicating 'The first day of the month after the signature. Used in Grant Agreements.' It can be changed to 'Specific Fixed Date.'

Not sure when this should be changed in case we want to delay the start date and if we should change it by ourselves or not.
Same here. I noticed this option and intended to change it to 'Specific Fixed Date', but I think the host should ask us about that in the future. I think we all got the same instruction to "Do not touch the GAP data!" for now 8-)

Ciba
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by Ciba » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:17 pm

I just got a message that it is now working and one should sign/set milestones etc.

Does anyone else have a industrial placement host and knows if they need to sign a declaration of honour?

mscaif2021
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by mscaif2021 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:09 pm

I haven't recieved a message yet that it is working... but I think the PO has started filling in some of the budget forms, have you guys been told to fill in the WPs, etc?

Post Reply