Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

fique86

Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by fique86 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:56 pm

Hi guys, specifically guys who have received the grant.

I am very not sure what to do now they say that the Grant Agreement is being prepared. Some people say I just need to wait and the host will prepare everything, some say you are the one who need to complete the Agreement. I am really not sure what to do.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you remember specifically what your roles were in the process of preparing the agreement?

Thank you!

andand

Re: Your roles in the Grant Agreement process

Post by andand » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Same here. Very confused about what to do. I am trying to follow the instructions shown in the link below. But still, there are some parts that doesn't fit the description therein (like the budget is 0 on my screen... And the system asks to give each work package a value of effort. But what is the unit of "effort" ? Day, minute, second, femtosecond ?)

https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/funding-te ... nditstasks

fique86 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:56 pm

I am very not sure what to do now they say that the Grant Agreement is being prepared. Some people say I just need to wait and the host will prepare everything, some say you are the one who need to complete the Agreement. I am really not sure what to do.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you remember specifically what your roles were in the process of preparing the agreement?

Thank you!

fique86

Post by fique86 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:35 pm

andand wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm
Same here. Very confused about what to do. I am trying to follow the instructions shown in the link below. But still, there are some parts that doesn't fit the description therein (like the budget is 0 on my screen... And the system asks to give each work package a value of effort. But what is the unit of "effort" ? Day, minute, second, femtosecond ?)

https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/funding-te ... nditstasks

fique86 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:56 pm

Thank you!
Yes, I have seen a 0 in my budget too!

Regarding the WP, have you received instructions from your Project Officer to update the Work Packages? I have just received a message by the Project Officer and it is indicated that I shouldn't do anything in the system for now, only the host should do something.

flight75

Post by flight75 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:23 am

I have instructions from my host *not* to do anything at the moment as they will complete all the documents.

MSCA2021_EF_ENGG

Post by MSCA2021_EF_ENGG » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:28 am

I am having a lot of doubts. Prof has asked someone from the Research office to look into it.. but I am very much confused as to my role here!

ririanna

Post by ririanna » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:08 am

Hi,

Just to add some info here - I've also been told by my host that I don't need to do anything for now and they'll take care of everything! The only thing I need to wait for is the employment contract from the host which will be done after the whole grant agreement prep. They've also advised to just "relax and enjoy your success" which is nice :lol:

fique86

Post by fique86 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:55 pm

Reading all the posts here, I guess the consensus is that we just need to sit back, enjoy, and wait it out! I am OK with that, although a little bit concerned that I am not in charge of the whole thing.

Ciba

Post by Ciba » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:40 pm

Hi!

I just wanted to add that my representative from the EU wrote a message via the communications tap that someone who signs has to be appointed, and a bank account added and nothing else so far. They will contact again.

I sent an email to the university research support and they asked me to add them with a certain email address to the project as a coordinator (via the management tap). So, in case you did not have them officially added in the beginning you will at least have to do that so they can change stuff.

fique86

Post by fique86 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:06 am

Ciba wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:40 pm
Hi!

I just wanted to add that my representative from the EU wrote a message via the communications tap that someone who signs has to be appointed, and a bank account added and nothing else so far. They will contact again.

I sent an email to the university research support and they asked me to add them with a certain email address to the project as a coordinator (via the management tap). So, in case you did not have them officially added in the beginning you will at least have to do that so they can change stuff.
Interesting! I have not been asked of that; instead I was just asked to provide two photographs early this morning.

Aquiles

Post by Aquiles » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:43 pm

So it looks like that at this point we don't have to do anything unless we are asked to do something. And what we definitely don't have to do is to make changes by ourselves in the "Grant agreement data" web, right?

Are you starting by the default date? Because I'd like to delay the start date a bit, but don't know if I should let someone know this now or if I will be asked in the near future.