Successful UK applicants_ UK's association to HE

trina_80

Re: Successful UK applicants_ UK's association to HE

Post by trina_80 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:35 pm

gigi-7 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:31 pm
Hi, thank you for sharing this link. I have registered to the event but unfortunately I won't be able to attend.
For those who will attend, could you please share information on the status of the UK association here?
Thank you :D
Hi! I could only stay for half an hour or so, but they didn't say much beyond what we already know.
The only somewhat interesting thing was that they recommended that those who got the fellowship with a UK host delayed the whole process (signing of contract & start date) for as long as possible, unless it's really urgent. That because they do not know when (and if) the association with Horizon will take place, but also because there may be some delays in making the payments.
I'm not sure if many would be put off by this, but it might boost the number of dropouts (which may be of interest to those who are among the first on the reserve list).

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:50 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:35 pm
gigi-7 wrote:
Hi, thank you for sharing this link. I have registered to the event but unfortunately I won't be able to attend.
For those who will attend, could you please share information on the status of the UK association here?
Hi! I could only stay for half an hour or so, but they didn't say much beyond what we already know.
The only somewhat interesting thing was that they recommended that those who got the fellowship with a UK host delayed the whole process (signing of contract & start date) for as long as possible, unless it's really urgent. That because they do not know when (and if) the association with Horizon will take place, but also because there may be some delays in making the payments.
I'm not sure if many would be put off by this, but it might boost the number of dropouts (which may be of interest to those who are among the first on the reserve list).
Many thanks for the update. We can only wait and see. I am fifth in the EF-LIF reserve list, but I guess it's way too early to hear something about dropouts.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:18 pm

gigi-7 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:50 pm
trina_80 wrote:
gigi-7 wrote:
Many thanks for the update. We can only wait and see. I am fifth in the EF-LIF reserve list, but I guess it's way too early to hear something about dropouts.
Well, hang in there. EF-LIF is such a big panel. I'd say there is a solid chance you will get funded. ;) Fingers crossed.

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:52 pm

trina_80 wrote:
gigi-7 wrote:
Yes, basically that is their summary. Regarding payments, at the start of the contract, they will already convert euros to GBP, instead of the usual conservative estimate throughout the duration. They will also pay in arrears instead of the full amount to the institute.
UKRI processing also takes 30-90 days, so take that into consideration.
My PI and I are pushing for a Jul 26 start date because my current contract ends on Jul 25. I am already in the UK and only have a visa until Jul 25. The uni grants manager said they will try to make this happen but no guarantee. They did say I am on the priority list because of my situation. They also said ideally people should consider starting the fellowship the earliest in autumn.

chkin

Post by chkin » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:38 pm

thank you so much - all very helpful! Still not sure, but for people (incl me) who would like to postpone the offer, would this very strange situation work in our favor? Not surprisingly everything from the research office in my case is very unclear at the moment

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:49 pm

chkin wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:38 pm
thank you so much - all very helpful! Still not sure, but for people (incl me) who would like to postpone the offer, would this very strange situation work in our favor? Not surprisingly everything from the research office in my case is very unclear at the moment
Well, it might. Although the deadline for signing the contract is still June 14th 2022 and you cannot postpone your starting date for more than what's already allowed by the call (I'm not sure, but I think it was 1 year from the day you signed the contract).

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:15 am

karbonnom wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:52 pm
trina_80 wrote:
gigi-7 wrote:
Yes, basically that is their summary. Regarding payments, at the start of the contract, they will already convert euros to GBP, instead of the usual conservative estimate throughout the duration. They will also pay in arrears instead of the full amount to the institute.
My PI and I are pushing for a Jul 26 start date because my current contract ends on Jul 25. I am already in the UK and only have a visa until Jul 25. The uni grants manager said they will try to make this happen but no guarantee. They did say I am on the priority list because of my situation. They also said ideally people should consider starting the fellowship the earliest in autumn.
For those who haven't participated in the webinar (or at least registered), here are some useful links I just received via email:

"Dear colleagues,

We want to thank you all for attending the UK association to Horizon Europe webinar in partnership with the UK Science and Innovation Network (https://www.ukri.org/).

The video of this webinar can be accessed on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1rVUpu2fs). Useful links to important resources used during the webinar can be found on this ​pdf icon PowerPoint slides (https://uuk2-my.sharepoint.com/personal ... ments&ga=1).

The Terms and Conditions for the Wave 2 process will be released on the UK Horizon Europe Guarantee Guidance page as soon as they are finalised - https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... -guidance/."

Hope this helps!

MC2021

Post by MC2021 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:42 am

trina_80 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:15 am
karbonnom wrote:
trina_80 wrote:

For those who haven't participated in the webinar (or at least registered), here are some useful links I just received via email:

"Dear colleagues,

We want to thank you all for attending the UK association to Horizon Europe webinar in partnership with the UK Science and Innovation Network (https://www.ukri.org/).

The video of this webinar can be accessed on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1rVUpu2fs). Useful links to important resources used during the webinar can be found on this ​pdf icon PowerPoint slides (https://uuk2-my.sharepoint.com/personal ... ments&ga=1).

The Terms and Conditions for the Wave 2 process will be released on the UK Horizon Europe Guarantee Guidance page as soon as they are finalised - https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... -guidance/."

Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing this !!

If I am correct, the MSCA PF 2021 call comes under second wave ??

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:56 am

MC2021 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:42 am
trina_80 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:15 am
karbonnom wrote:

"Dear colleagues,

Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing this !!

If I am correct, the MSCA PF 2021 call comes under second wave ??
Yes, that's right.

MC2021

Post by MC2021 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:01 am

Hello everyone.

Any updates from your Host institution??