Successful UK applicants_ UK's association to HE

MC2021

Successful UK applicants_ UK's association to HE

Post by MC2021 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:01 pm

Hi,

I am starting this new thread to dicuss about the current updates on UK's association to HE..

I heard that, UKRI will fund the applicants if there is further delay in UK's association to HE.. In this case, will the funding be the same or it will be different.. Have you heard any news about this from your host or NCP??

trina_80

Re: Successful UK applicants_ UK's association to HE

Post by trina_80 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:24 pm

MC2021 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:01 pm
Hi,

I am starting this new thread to dicuss about the current updates on UK's association to HE..

I heard that, UKRI will fund the applicants if there is further delay in UK's association to HE.. In this case, will the funding be the same or it will be different.. Have you heard any news about this from your host or NCP??
Hi!

There will be a webinar on the 30th of March - https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/latest ... ope-update You can register and you can even post questions in advance. I will try to participate as well, although I'm not sure I will be able to make it.

Hope this helps!

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:34 pm

MC2021 wrote:
Hi,

Also, here is a post on this from another thread:

karbonnom wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:45 am
For those who got it with a UK host, this was sent to me by my NCP:

You may be aware that the UK has still not formally associated to the Horizon Europe programme and until we do associate, we cannot sign a Grant Agreement with the EU.

To overcome this, the UK government has provided a guarantee of UKRI funding for any successful UK applicant to the programme. This guarantee covers successful applications under a number of calls including this one, and includes all calls where the grant agreement is expected to be signed before the end of 2022.
See the top document on this link: https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... -guidance/
Your call is noted on page 17 as one of those in the second wave of the guarantee.

So funding for the project is secure, but unless there is an extremely fast end to the UK/EU negotiations regarding our association to Horizon Europe, it does mean that your project will be funded through UK resources. There are no additional ‘review’ hurdles to obtain this money. There will be various admin tasks by me/Research Services because we need to complete some additional admin processes to register the project on the UKRI systems rather than the EU portal. I will take care of this, specific guidance is being made available on a call by call basis. Our team is now managing many awards that are going to be funded by the UK Govt and so we are becoming familiar with the processes.

TLDR: UK is not yet associated with the Horizon Program but funding is still secure (money will come from UKRI).

MC2021

Post by MC2021 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:45 pm

Thanks for directing me to this webinar... I will also try to attend...
trina_80 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:24 pm
MC2021 wrote:
Hi,

Hi!

There will be a webinar on the 30th of March - https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/latest ... ope-update You can register and you can even post questions in advance. I will try to participate as well, although I'm not sure I will be able to make it.

Hope this helps!

gigi-7

Post by gigi-7 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Hi, thank you for sharing this link. I have registered to the event but unfortunately I won't be able to attend.
For those who will attend, could you please share information on the status of the UK association here?
Thank you :D

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:40 pm

gigi-7 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:31 pm
Hi, thank you for sharing this link. I have registered to the event but unfortunately I won't be able to attend.
For those who will attend, could you please share information on the status of the UK association here?
Thank you :D
I registered as well and, if I can make it, I will surely share whatever I find out.

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:27 pm

trina_80 wrote:
MC2021 wrote:
Hi,

Hi!

Hope this helps!
Thanks for this link. The uni grant manager asked for my documents already since we want to have a starting date of end of July. She also sent me more information:

The funding routes for calls covered in the second wave of the guarantee and 2022 EIT KICs will be opened from May. Further guidance on how to apply for this funding will be published in due course.

Since applications will have been evaluated through the European Commission’s trusted peer review systems no further application quality assessment will be undertaken by UKRI.

….. and then

Once registration of an eligible Horizon Europe grant with UKRI is complete, awardees will receive an offer of funding from UKRI. Payments will be made directly to each UK beneficiary organisation.

It seems like they are sure we are going to get funded through UKRI, and hopefully we receive the same funding. The grants manager did ask for my proof for mobility and family/dependent for the family allowance, so it seems that we would still get mobility and family allowance.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:45 pm

karbonnom wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:27 pm
trina_80 wrote:
MC2021 wrote:
Hi,

Hi!

Hope this helps!
Thanks for this link. The uni grant manager asked for my documents already since we want to have a starting date of end of July. She also sent me more information:

The funding routes for calls covered in the second wave of the guarantee and 2022 EIT KICs will be opened from May. Further guidance on how to apply for this funding will be published in due course.

Since applications will have been evaluated through the European Commission’s trusted peer review systems no further application quality assessment will be undertaken by UKRI.

….. and then

Once registration of an eligible Horizon Europe grant with UKRI is complete, awardees will receive an offer of funding from UKRI. Payments will be made directly to each UK beneficiary organisation.

It seems like they are sure we are going to get funded through UKRI, and hopefully we receive the same funding. The grants manager did ask for my proof for mobility and family/dependent for the family allowance, so it seems that we would still get mobility and family allowance.
Thank you so much for the update!

paneuro

Post by paneuro » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:50 pm

Hello,
by any chance anyone has an idea of the approximate net salary in the UK (London area)? I need to figure out things with my family.
Any indication (even salaries for 1 person without partners) would be of great help at this stage.
Many thanks

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:48 pm

Btw, a relevant group too for those that will be UK-based:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/918153332 ... rer=search

Found a lot of helpful things there about taxation and pensions, so worth joining! :)