Successful UK applicants_ UK's association to HE

karbonnom

Re: Successful UK applicants_ UK's association to HE

Post by karbonnom » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:27 pm

MC2021 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:01 am
Hello everyone.

Any updates from your Host institution??
Hi, yes. They asked me to submit some documentation (PhD certificate, proof of mobility and eligibility for family allowance, and CV).

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:32 pm

karbonnom wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:27 pm
MC2021 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Hi, yes. They asked me to submit some documentation (PhD certificate, proof of mobility and eligibility for family allowance, and CV).
Do you know if you'll sign the grant agreement with UKRI or the EC?

karbonnom

Post by karbonnom » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:43 pm

trina_80 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:32 pm
karbonnom wrote:
MC2021 wrote:
Hello everyone.

The most recent update from the grant person in the uni is to wait, they have no updates as well. Je-S system is still not open and UKRI has no updates on anything. It seems like info on the portal is being populated though.

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:25 am

karbonnom wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:43 pm
trina_80 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:32 pm
karbonnom wrote:

The most recent update from the grant person in the uni is to wait, they have no updates as well. Je-S system is still not open and UKRI has no updates on anything. It seems like info on the portal is being populated though.
Got it. Thank you so much for your answer!

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:24 am

Guys, is the Horizon Europe Guarantee competition open for MSCA as well? Is anyone applying?
https://apply-for-innovation-funding.se ... ew#summary

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Guys, I was curious if there was someone here whose application (with a UK) host was successful and who will sign next week, once the call opens, with UKRI. If so, do you know how that will work - particularly if you (or your host) will have to withdraw from the MSCA competition first? :?
Thank you!

MC2021

Post by MC2021 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:02 am

trina_80 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:26 pm
Guys, I was curious if there was someone here whose application (with a UK) host was successful and who will sign next week, once the call opens, with UKRI. If so, do you know how that will work - particularly if you (or your host) will have to withdraw from the MSCA competition first? :?
Thank you!
I guess the withdrew process will happen spontaneously unless UK association with HE happen before June, 14.. So by mid June we can expect the message from EU stating that our proposals with UK host becomes ineligible..

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:41 am

MC2021 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:02 am
trina_80 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:26 pm
Thank you!
I guess the withdrew process will happen spontaneously unless UK association with HE happen before June, 14.. So by mid June we can expect the message from EU stating that our proposals with UK host becomes ineligible..
Thank you for your answer! And good luck with your application!

moghri.m

Post by moghri.m » Tue May 31, 2022 9:07 am

Hi guys!

The Je-S portal for MSCA successful applicants is finally open now. But, I suppose, it makes everything more complicated for projects which are about to start.

My project's start date is July 1st. Yet there is no grant award letter from UKRI, let alone a visa to the UK (since the Global Talent Visa requires, first of all, endorsement of the grant by the funder). Do you have any idea how projects in my situation can be started on time or at least with not too much delay?!

Thanks,
Mohsen

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Tue May 31, 2022 2:58 pm

moghri.m wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:07 am
Hi guys!

The Je-S portal for MSCA successful applicants is finally open now. But, I suppose, it makes everything more complicated for projects which are about to start.

My project's start date is July 1st. Yet there is no grant award letter from UKRI, let alone a visa to the UK (since the Global Talent Visa requires, first of all, endorsement of the grant by the funder). Do you have any idea how projects in my situation can be started on time or at least with not too much delay?!

Thanks,
Mohsen
Hey, Mohsen!

Here: https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... izonEurope check out the document "How to apply for guarantee funding for MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021"

It is mentioned that:

"UKRI will acknowledge the submission and conduct checks on the documents you have submitted. If the cost totals do not match the MSCA proposal, or any mandatory attachments are missing, your submission will be returned in Je-S to correct these and re-submit.

Once UKRI has processed the submission, a grant offer letter will be issued containing UKRI terms and conditions relevant to the financial and reporting aspects of the programme of work within the project. These will include the additional grant conditions, as explained below."

I am not sure about the timeline. Also, they only mention the latest start date - "UKRI will allow a latest start date of 1st September 2023", but not the earliest. However, you can send them an email and ask.

I hope this helps!
Good luck!
P.S.: This (from the same document) may be of interest to you as well:
"The timing of payments will follow UKRI's standard quarterly pay runs for research grants. You may wish to consider this when deciding the start date of your guarantee grant, which does not need to match the start date in the original MSCA proposal."