MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021

jonask6

MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021

Post by jonask6 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:29 pm

Hi folks,

I was awarded with a postdoctoral fellowship in the 2021 call in Spain. After all, I found out that the salary suffers a huge deduction and I would get about 2800 euros, which compared to the initial value, is quite less, I find. Since I got selected to another funding as well, way better, I'll decline the position.
Is the fellowship somehow transfarable to another candidate chosen by the host instituition? I'm feeling really sorry about them, because, obviously, they also loose money if I give up. But considering the salary, it is just not worth it when compared to the other one.

Thanks

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021

Post by CountZ » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:39 pm

It goes to the next project on the reserve list and is not transferable to the other institution.
How much is the salary of the other postdoc? Is it also in Spain?

jonask6

Post by jonask6 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:49 pm

It's a program from DAAD called Prime: 1 year abroad (not in Spain) + half year back in Germany.
The salary itself is about the same, but I get almost twice the salary because they pay an expatriation allowance for the one year abroad.

Morgan92

Post by Morgan92 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:06 am

jonask6 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:29 pm
Hi folks,

I was awarded with a postdoctoral fellowship in the 2021 call in Spain. After all, I found out that the salary suffers a huge deduction and I would get about 2800 euros, which compared to the initial value, is quite less, I find. Since I got selected to another funding as well, way better, I'll decline the position.
Is the fellowship somehow transfarable to another candidate chosen by the host instituition? I'm feeling really sorry about them, because, obviously, they also loose money if I give up. But considering the salary, it is just not worth it when compared to the other one.

Thanks
Hi

Thanks for sharing your information.

Which panel are you in?