2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

pkourtes

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by pkourtes » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:14 pm

In the documents of MCSA, there are two docs where the procedure is described.
https://rea.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2 ... Europe.pdf
https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... _he_en.pdf

Also, you may ask your contact points or the EU office of your host for the rough dates that each step takes place (many of them have been reviewers of several EU calls). For MCSA, it is well known that the consensus is (usually) achieved in Dec. Then it is the approval that has to be given by the Panel (if not, it is returned to the experts for re-evaluation of some points or the whole thing), The panel steps are completed during January. Finally, it goes to the EU agency, which places the scores of each proposal to create the ranking list. This is the procedure that I know, for more info, plz ask your contact points.
KathyHappy wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:01 am
pkourtes wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:14 am
In Evaluation since mid-December. The process by the three independent evaluators finishes in mid-December till early January, and then it is a post-processing phase from the committee to get approval. Thus, the whole procedure has already been finished or will be finished in one of these days. In the first 12 days of February (the latest) we will receive the results. Stay calm, it is just a roulette game, don't be disheartened if it doesn't work out for you. Fingers crossed.
May I ask where you saw this timeline? Thanks

Spain-1

Post by Spain-1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:51 pm

Does anybody know why the link doesn´t work for my id proposal?

{"content":"Your action \u0027cached project details\u0027 failed. ","type":"error","cause":"You do not have the required authorization.","userId":"n003qdwe","firedAt":"2023-01-13 13:47:44","exceptionId":"MDNkMGU2M2QtZWUyYi00ZDA3LWEyNjgtNTE3OTJhNGRiYzI0","solution":"Please assign the required role and try again after 15 minutes."}

this is the message it appears

alex_CS

Post by alex_CS » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Spain-1 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:51 pm
Does anybody know why the link doesn´t work for my id proposal?

{"content":"Your action \u0027cached project details\u0027 failed. ","type":"error","cause":"You do not have the required authorization.","userId":"n003qdwe","firedAt":"2023-01-13 13:47:44","exceptionId":"MDNkMGU2M2QtZWUyYi00ZDA3LWEyNjgtNTE3OTJhNGRiYzI0","solution":"Please assign the required role and try again after 15 minutes."}

this is the message it appears
Does your link work ok before? Maybe there are technical issues or your status is changing at this moment. Good luck!

Fred_Keningau

Post by Fred_Keningau » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:36 pm

My first post here and this is my first time applying for MSCA. So nervous to hear the results soon. Just checked my status and it is 'EVALUATION'. I have been reading my submitted proposal over and over again just to convince myself that I did try my best. But the imposter syndrome in me always questioned myself what if it is not good enough? What if there are insufficient details in some sections? What if it is too ambitious and too much to do in 24 months? What if the methods are not detailed enough? These questions have constantly popped up in my mind :)

josimau

Post by josimau » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:14 pm

Fred_Keningau wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:36 pm
My first post here and this is my first time applying for MSCA. So nervous to hear the results soon. Just checked my status and it is 'EVALUATION'. I have been reading my submitted proposal over and over again just to convince myself that I did try my best. But the imposter syndrome in me always questioned myself what if it is not good enough? What if there are insufficient details in some sections? What if it is too ambitious and too much to do in 24 months? What if the methods are not detailed enough? These questions have constantly popped up in my mind :)
I guess that is kinda normal - I just would not feed that feeling though. Also, if you read forums from previous years, you will see that 'luck' can play a role as well. Hence, there is some part of it that you can't control. In this sense, being self-conscious about you or your proposal would not help much. Let's wait for the results and see how it goes for everybody! :)
Last edited by josimau on Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Axe

Post by Axe » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:30 pm

Fred_Keningau wrote:

You are not alone. We have to wait and hope for the best. My 9 to 5 job, reading books, watching movies and chatting with friends have helped so far in shifting my attention from msca proposal/outcome. Try few activities that can help distract you.

Cheers!

goshgoshgosh

Post by goshgoshgosh » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:57 pm

Hi, does anyone know whether it is possible to change the outgoing destination of a Marie Curie Global, if awarded?

XmendeleievX

Post by XmendeleievX » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:12 pm

Fred_Keningau wrote:
Fourth time applicant here, the last two times I got really really close, but this year I could get 80 easily. There is a quite big luck factor, how interesting the referees find your topic, how much they empathise with the your views of what is novel... etc. That does not mean everything is random, there are a minimum standard you must comply with if you want to have a shot, and of course you must cover every single one of the points indicated in the guide and so on. But once you reach a good quality proposal, then is when the luck factor come into play. Don't obsess with your proposal, I made the mistake the other day to look at it and I spotted a phrase that was randomly arranged in one of the many editings and now I am so worried that sentence will take the 0.5 points that will make me loose it.

KathyHappy

Post by KathyHappy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:00 am

pkourtes wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:14 pm
In the documents of MCSA, there are two docs where the procedure is described.
https://rea.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2 ... Europe.pdf
https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... _he_en.pdf

Also, you may ask your contact points or the EU office of your host for the rough dates that each step takes place (many of them have been reviewers of several EU calls). For MCSA, it is well known that the consensus is (usually) achieved in Dec. Then it is the approval that has to be given by the Panel (if not, it is returned to the experts for re-evaluation of some points or the whole thing), The panel steps are completed during January. Finally, it goes to the EU agency, which places the scores of each proposal to create the ranking list. This is the procedure that I know, for more info, plz ask your contact points.
KathyHappy wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:01 am
pkourtes wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:14 am
In Evaluation since mid-December. The process by the three independent evaluators finishes in mid-December till early January, and then it is a post-processing phase from the committee to get approval. Thus, the whole procedure has already been finished or will be finished in one of these days. In the first 12 days of February (the latest) we will receive the results. Stay calm, it is just a roulette game, don't be disheartened if it doesn't work out for you. Fingers crossed.
May I ask where you saw this timeline? Thanks
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!

Fu Manchu

Post by Fu Manchu » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:06 am

Hey everyone! The madness started again :D

This year, I was awarded with another postdoc scholarship, but I am getting anxious for the MSCA's results anyway...

Good luck everybody! Let's hope we dont have any kind of unfair reviews this years.