2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Fritzen

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by Fritzen » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:13 pm

michelef wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:07 pm
Fritzen wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:59 pm
Guys, my MSCA PF project status is "Final" does that mean something? :?:
The "final" status doesn't mean much, just that the call is closed. If you want to check the "phase" status, search for "magic link" in the search bar ;)
Thanks! I just found that mine 'phase' status is 'Ranking'. I am confused if it is a good or bad thing tho

Fragaria vesca

Post by Fragaria vesca » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:26 pm

Hi Guys,

Here's a 4-time applicant (yes, I've been following this forum for so long and thanks to it I don't feel alone in my misery :D :lol:
I have to admit that it's a bit of a lottery that depends on the evaluators. You can have a really cool project that gets 83% the first time in the Life science panel, and then a year later, revised (carefully and according to the evaluators' indications), gets 20% less (yes guys, it's not a joke, in the old Society and Enterprise panel, which fortunately is no longer there). You can imagine my anger then :roll: And the lottery continues... Let's see what will surprise me this time. I put a lot of effort into my project (last year I had to submit with a different host and panel due to the 70% criterion), but this year I returned to my original project, which finally I would like to develop. Regarding "ranking" and "evaluation" I would not attach much importance to them, although there is something in it, the 1st time I had "ranking" in the magic link (above 70%). I didn't check the second time, but last year I had an "evaluation" until the very end and unfortunately below 70%. This year "ranking" again. We'll see if fate smiles this year. I'm getting a bit tired of it. I started working in the industry last year (it's not bad), but I miss academia where I had more freedom with my ideas. I keep my fingers crossed for everyone, I hope that the % of winners will be higher this year. In the meantime, we have a crazy weekend ahead of us :lol: (oh, I don't know if I'll fall asleep during these 2 days :D waiting for the unfortunate e-mail, probably titled "Rejection" :twisted: ). Anyway, folks, keep smiling and just try to relax if possible in this madness 8-)

alex_CS

Post by alex_CS » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:27 pm

Fritzen wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:13 pm
michelef wrote:
Fritzen wrote:
The "final" status doesn't mean much, just that the call is closed. If you want to check the "phase" status, search for "magic link" in the search bar ;)
Thanks! I just found that mine 'phase' status is 'Ranking'. I am confused if it is a good or bad thing tho
It means, we think, you are over the threshold (70%).

pav

Post by pav » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:43 pm

alex_CS wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:27 pm
Fritzen wrote:
michelef wrote:

It means, we think, you are over the threshold (70%).
It has been confirmed by NCPs last year that anyone with Ranking is over 70% (those in Evaluation may or may not be over 70% – nobody knows).
Last edited by pav on Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

player

Post by player » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:52 pm

Fragaria vesca wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:26 pm
Hi Guys,

Here's a 4-time applicant (yes, I've been following this forum for so long and thanks to it I don't feel alone in my misery :D :lol:
I have to admit that it's a bit of a lottery that depends on the evaluators. You can have a really cool project that gets 83% the first time in the Life science panel, and then a year later, revised (carefully and according to the evaluators' indications), gets 20% less (yes guys, it's not a joke, in the old Society and Enterprise panel, which fortunately is no longer there). You can imagine my anger then :roll: And the lottery continues... Let's see what will surprise me this time. I put a lot of effort into my project (last year I had to submit with a different host and panel due to the 70% criterion), but this year I returned to my original project, which finally I would like to develop. Regarding "ranking" and "evaluation" I would not attach much importance to them, although there is something in it, the 1st time I had "ranking" in the magic link (above 70%). I didn't check the second time, but last year I had an "evaluation" until the very end and unfortunately below 70%. This year "ranking" again. We'll see if fate smiles this year. I'm getting a bit tired of it. I started working in the industry last year (it's not bad), but I miss academia where I had more freedom with my ideas. I keep my fingers crossed for everyone, I hope that the % of winners will be higher this year. In the meantime, we have a crazy weekend ahead of us :lol: (oh, I don't know if I'll fall asleep during these 2 days :D waiting for the unfortunate e-mail, probably titled "Rejection" :twisted: ). Anyway, folks, keep smiling and just try to relax if possible in this madness 8-)
I also know an applicant who scored almost 90% in his first try and only slightly above threshold with the revised version the next year.
It beats me how this can happen.

Cinder

Post by Cinder » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:04 am

Fragaria vesca wrote:
In the meantime, we have a crazy weekend ahead of us :lol: (oh, I don't know if I'll fall asleep during these 2 days :D waiting for the unfortunate e-mail, probably titled "Rejection" :twisted: ). Anyway, folks, keep smiling and just try to relax if possible in this madness 8-)
I managed to fall asleep, but in my dream it was Monday and I was waiting for the results. :lol: :lol: :lol:

podtdoc75

Post by podtdoc75 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:12 am

Dear all,

This is The first Time I applye to MSCA. I used thé magic link and for my part it is written EVALUATION. So I think I will not have it this year…I am not ranked..

Fish

Post by Fish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:04 am

Fragaria vesca wrote:
Hi Guys,

As a fish, I go swimming in the ocean and get back Monday to the beach :D

Cinder

Post by Cinder » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:10 am

podtdoc75 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:12 am
Dear all,

This is The first Time I applye to MSCA. I used thé magic link and for my part it is written EVALUATION. So I think I will not have it this year…I am not ranked..
It happened before, that someone, who never went to ranking, got the grant. Don't think too much into to the link.

xain

Post by xain » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:07 pm

Fritzen wrote:
michelef wrote:
Fritzen wrote:
whats a magic link?