2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Yanmiao

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by Yanmiao » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:37 pm

Rajaji wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:36 pm
Hi All,
I have a one question. Will it be any useful for redress review of our result (technical evaluations)?
If someone has any experience, could you please share or explain with us?
Thanks you very much.
I also want to know, please keep me updated. Thank you!

f8gfir

Post by f8gfir » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:43 pm

It's my third time, I updated the same proposal based on received feedback. The first time I got 82%, the second time 84%. I felt good about the last update because I showed it to more people who have extensive experience in MSC applications.

Now I dropped to 55%. It is so brutal I cannot even feel completely bad. Comments are all over the place, hard to learn anything from them.

Fish

Post by Fish » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 pm

michelef wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:28 pm
Someone I know got the rejection letter something like 20 minutes ago
I got my rejection letter a few minutes ago
LIF.. scored 84.8, even though I got 5/5 in science/excellent part. First year to apply, and my host was in the UK.
My suggestion: make sure your host has enough time to spend on the application. From parts that required more attention from the host with comments, I did not get enough scores.
Congratulation to successful applicants and good luck to all successful and unhappy applicants.

liukank

Post by liukank » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:58 pm

f8gfir wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:43 pm
It's my third time, I updated the same proposal based on received feedback. The first time I got 82%, the second time 84%. I felt good about the last update because I showed it to more people who have extensive experience in MSC applications.

Now I dropped to 55%. It is so brutal I cannot even feel completely bad. Comments are all over the place, hard to learn anything from them.
It happened just the same with me last year, I dropped from 88 to 56. I felt the same as you now. I filled a request of re-evaluation that ended in nothing. This year I applied again but this time with much lower expectations. I made 92.2 but still not enough, I'm in reserve list but with very low hope of ever being called. I honestly don't know what to say or think. I see people trying multiple times and finally getting it. If you have the time and energy apply again, but only address the issues that you really think are relevant.

podtdoc75

Post by podtdoc75 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:00 pm

I received any email meaning I did not obtain it?

Fish

Post by Fish » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:04 pm

podtdoc75 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:00 pm
I received any email meaning I did not obtain it?
99.9% yes

pkourtes

Post by pkourtes » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Rejection (third time) - 83.6% - (4.2, 3.8, 4.7) - EF ENG . I will disclose some info, which may betray my id, but don't give a dime.

Again, the reviewers' comments indicate that they read something else (they told me that I will examine dementia patients when I state that I will examine older people in VR, who may in the future (because of their age) develop mild cognitive impairment or dementia. They told me that is not feasible to examine dementia patients in VR. I know that if they see something that they don't like in the Excellence part, then they search for weaknesses to decrease the scores in other sections as well. Given that I have read so many stories about the Reviewers, as well as the experiences that I personally have with MSCA, while I have already a couple of successful Horizon Europe proposals (how is this possible, please don't ask me), I am fed up with this lottery of MSCA experts.

I will try to get national funding to do this research and end the story. However, I need to be fast, because after each unsuccessful MSCA proposal, mysteriously (I know that this sounds paranoid, but I cannot unsee it) a study appears that has very similar methods and aims to my proposal. So, last year I saw a study which used VR to predict personality traits by having a similar environment and protocol to the one I suggested (Yes, it came from an EU university, which happens to be known for its MSCA fellowships). This was like 9 months after my submission when the reviewers said that this method is not feasible for predicting personality traits. Anyhow, also to avoid paranoia, I will stay out of MSCA, and I will continue with other sources of funding.

Last, but not least, I happen to have an extended network in the EU. In my network, anyone who got the MSCA funding much easier than others had as a host, a great university (e.g., Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, etc) or institution (e.g., Max Planck), or a university/institution that is known for getting the MSCA (e.g., Karolinska, Pompeu Fabra University etc). Just keep it in mind, in case you want one more round in the lottery of MSCA "experts".
Good luck with whatever you plan to do.

triad_Mon

Post by triad_Mon » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:13 pm

f8gfir wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:43 pm

I feel you. Same here.

Willy_wonka

Post by Willy_wonka » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:15 pm

Hi guys (gender neutral) I got my rejection, my advisor is gonna go through the comments with me, but he also suggested to find a winning proposals as a reference. I specifically didn't perform well in the management and in the quantification of the impacts. Does anyone of you know where I can find winning proposal or if someone is willing to share some aspect leaving out details of their winning proposal?

triad_Mon

Post by triad_Mon » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:18 pm

Willy_wonka wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:15 pm
Hi guys (gender neutral) I got my rejection, my advisor is gonna go through the comments with me, but he also suggested to find a winning proposals as a reference. I specifically didn't perform well in the management and in the quantification of the impacts. Does anyone of you know where I can find winning proposal or if someone is willing to share some aspect leaving out details of their winning proposal?
I have one, but I fail to see how you can use it, since I used it two times after it won and it failed both.