2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by 2021 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:49 pm

May I know your widening country and panel???

MSCA20 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:27 pm
pkourtes wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:01 pm
1) Does anyone from a widening country received a letter or gotten any information at all?

2) Have people from the EF-ENG panel got informed?

3) Have any rejection letters been reported?
I found the letter in my portal
"As announced in the Work Programme, your proposal has also been evaluated for the ERA Fellowships call1. We are pleased to inform you that your proposal has been selected for funding under this ERA Fellowships call. We will soon invite you to start the grant preparation. A separate invitation letter will follow with more information on timetable and deadlines for grant preparation. You do not need to take further action until you receive this separate invitation letter. "

Life science panel

kansal

Post by kansal » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:49 pm

Mouss wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:43 pm
Please let's not panic. I believe there will be more suprises by tomorrow. Sounds like they randomly spread the announcement to protect their a**es and avoid another polemic this year (do not foget that they are also politicians :lol: ). Pretty sure tomorrow will be kind of today's bis repetita: **SO KEEEP HOPE ALL!** :)
Hope So!!
Thanks for cheering up!!

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:51 pm

barbara22 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:00 pm
Spain-1 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:44 am
Skjh wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:33 am
Someone from CHE, please?
I have been granted from CHE. I received my congrats e-mail at 00.12 am. I am waiting now for my husband´s results... He still hopeless
Congrats to you!! and sorry about your husband...
I am from CHE panel as well, on the reserve list (got the email at 1.20 am).

Does anyone know what the threshold was for each panel? I cannot find it in the portal...
what is your score ?

Spain-1

Post by Spain-1 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:59 pm

Syd87 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:51 pm
barbara22 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:00 pm
Spain-1 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:44 am

I have been granted from CHE. I received my congrats e-mail at 00.12 am. I am waiting now for my husband´s results... He still hopeless
Congrats to you!! and sorry about your husband...
I am from CHE panel as well, on the reserve list (got the email at 1.20 am).

Does anyone know what the threshold was for each panel? I cannot find it in the portal...
what is your score ?
mine?? 95.2

michelef

Post by michelef » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:01 pm

Mouss wrote:
Please let's not panic. I believe there will be more suprises by tomorrow. Sounds like they randomly spread the announcement to protect their a**es and avoid another polemic this year (do not foget that they are also politicians :lol: ). Pretty sure tomorrow will be kind of today's bis repetita: **SO KEEEP HOPE ALL!** :)
Someone on the Facebook group said that a few people they know received rejections early this morning.
It's difficult to say whether rejections will be sent later, or people are receiving rejections but not talking about it
Still, it's a little scary for the people still waiting

Naraka

Post by Naraka » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:03 pm

michelef wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:01 pm
Mouss wrote:
Someone on the Facebook group said that a few people they know received rejections early this morning.
It's difficult to say whether rejections will be sent later, or people are receiving rejections but not talking about it
Could you please share the facebook group link?

Rodolfo1988

Post by Rodolfo1988 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Naraka wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:03 pm
michelef wrote:
Mouss wrote:
Could you please share the facebook group link?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1882469 ... ?ref=share

waxwing

Post by waxwing » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:18 pm

michelef wrote:
...it's a little scary for the people still waiting
Understatement!

behradei

Post by behradei » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:27 pm

michelef wrote:
Mouss wrote:
this is my second attempt for EF ENG, the first time I received SoE and scored 88, this year I spend more than 3 months on the improvement of my proposal made it really better, and asked several colleagues to review it!!! long story short I boost it a lot!

I saw a person who got 87 in EF ENG was on the reserve list; I have not received the email yet, with last year's 88 I would be on the reserve list and I really cannot accept that I will receive less score than last year with far better proposal! it would be a deal breaker for me! I won't apply for a lottery ...

player

Post by player » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:30 pm

michelef wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:08 pm
Currently there are ~120 guests... please register and share your experience!
Hi all,

Here is my MSCA experience hoping that maybe some future applicants find it helpful. I lurked a bit this forum last week, so I want to give something to the community.

I tried for first time in 2022 getting 3,8/3,8/4,4 (EF SOC) - I dedicated some weeks to the proposal with decent help from my host. I started in June, devoted little time in July and August and worked hard for 3-4 weeks before the deadline if I well remember. I got feedback from the reviewers and found it moderate at first glance, not as detailed as I expected.

I wasn't sure about if I wished to retry, I was busy until late June this year. Anyway, I decided to retry trying to follow the reviewers' comments and put as supervisor a more established scholar from the same institute (to address the comment that my initial supervisor had little experience with postdocs). I worked for 2 weeks in July 2022 and for 2-3 weeks before the deadline (10-15 hours a week; I'm freelancing, so it was tough to be fully on that). I made mostly technical changes clarifying the methodology, adding details on the skills section and polished the implementation section. The idea, institution, international collaborations, milestones and timeline were the same. I highlighted a bit 1-2 catchy points (according to my sense of trendiness anyway).
I wasn't very optimistic cause I scored low in my first try but got 4,7/4,8/4,8, earned the grant and still can't believe it.

My impression:
1) The reviewers’ feedback was valuable (maybe I was lucky, I have seen many applicants complaining about the quality of the comments).
2) The process isn’t exactly a lottery (I don’t think that someone can get this grant with a sloppy proposal) but luck plays a role with reviewers - in the 2023 ESR the reviewers loved the research idea while in 2022 they only recognized some originality in the topic [the idea was the same; I changed almost nothing in section 1.1]
3) It's hard to make a competitive application without continuous support from the host. I earned a couple of competitive grants in the past (so I wasn’t a novice), but felt that MSCA requires emphasis on some key points which don't exist in most applications and it's tough to know where to focus without good guidance. I received comments from two profs and two grant advisors. If the host doesn't help you continuously, look for another host.

This was my story in brief. Congrats to winners. Those of you who didn't win this time be strong and stay confident. Grant writing is tough. It's a pity that projects with excellent scores, even above 90/100 still don't earn funding, research makes this world more livable and interesting and EU should invest more on that.