2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Spain-1

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by Spain-1 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:53 pm

Syd87 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:56 am
Spain-1 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:31 pm
Praba wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:45 am

Now the question is, how long it may take for an association. UK wants to renegotiate the size of its Horizon Europe fee, having been locked out for two years. UK treasury minister said that it would take some time even a year. Hetan Shah, chief executive of the British Academy, tweeted that an actual association deal would take 6-9 months to agree.

In the meantime, UKRI has announced (on 28.02.2023) their gaurantee funding for MSCA-PF 2022 and updated it's guidelines in their website. An email from UKRI helpdesk tells that successfull candidates from MSCA-PF 2022 can start apply for their guarantee funding.
Hi! Do you think it would be better to wait for applying to uk guarantee funding? What is the deadline for applying to this scheme? I did not find that information.
You are on the reserve list? Do you know your waiting list number? You can only apply to UKRI currently if you have been invited for GAP.
Hi! I've been invited and I am trying to understand what should I do now. We recived an email from our Research Office with steps to follow for filling the Grant Agreement Data. But nothing since ~20 Feb. Our department has told us to apply to UKRI guarantee but I would like to wait a little bit more... I really want to be funded by EC. The UKRI is appying £1=EUR1.18 as exchange rate, but the exchange is 1.13 at the moment, so if we are funded by UKRI we will loose like 9000 EUR...
I've been told that if you get the money from EC, you can discuss your rate change with your UK University and ask for a refund in case the value of pound vary. For me, the country is really depressed, so I would like not to loose money because of being funded by UKRI.

tripleh211290

Post by tripleh211290 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:14 pm

Spain-1 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:53 pm
Syd87 wrote:
Spain-1 wrote:

Hi! Do you think it would be better to wait for applying to uk guarantee funding? What is the deadline for applying to this scheme? I did not find that information.
You are on the reserve list? Do you know your waiting list number? You can only apply to UKRI currently if you have been invited for GAP.
Hi! I've been invited and I am trying to understand what should I do now. We recived an email from our Research Office with steps to follow for filling the Grant Agreement Data. But nothing since ~20 Feb. Our department has told us to apply to UKRI guarantee but I would like to wait a little bit more... I really want to be funded by EC. The UKRI is appying £1=EUR1.18 as exchange rate, but the exchange is 1.13 at the moment, so if we are funded by UKRI we will loose like 9000 EUR...
I've been told that if you get the money from EC, you can discuss your rate change with your UK University and ask for a refund in case the value of pound vary. For me, the country is really depressed, so I would like not to loose money because of being funded by UKRI.
"I think its better to sign the UKRI grant. As the UK PM is not seen eager to join HE. His government is preferring Plan B. To create a parallel UK based foundation. So, it is likely that even if the association occurs,, it will take further 8-9 months. :roll:

Praba

Post by Praba » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:17 pm

Spain-1 wrote:
Syd87 wrote:
Spain-1 wrote:

Hi, it depends upon the time when we apply to UKRI, the start date will be possibly delayed. Some of our institute people who are already funded by UKRI say that the applications submitted in the initial period (Feb and March) are processed very quickly compared to the applications submitted in May-July, due to the large volume of applications submitted to UKRI and their further process. It is clearly visible in the statistics provided by UKRI. So keep this also in mind.

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:34 pm

Spain-1 wrote:
Syd87 wrote:
Spain-1 wrote:

Hi! Does this mean that the applicant with the UK hosts who got accepted for the MSCA-PF receiving contacts from NCP to enroll for the UKRI guarantee grant? I saw bunch of news regarding the possible association between UK-HE but nothing really has been released since then... I was really hoping to get some information from the people who got accepted the MSCA-PF with also UK host. Do you have any contact from the EC? It seems that UKRI made a deadline for UKRI guarantee grant application until 31st of March.

Spain-1

Post by Spain-1 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:03 pm

PROSCO wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:34 pm
Spain-1 wrote:
Syd87 wrote:

Hi! Does this mean that the applicant with the UK hosts who got accepted for the MSCA-PF receiving contacts from NCP to enroll for the UKRI guarantee grant? I saw bunch of news regarding the possible association between UK-HE but nothing really has been released since then... I was really hoping to get some information from the people who got accepted the MSCA-PF with also UK host. Do you have any contact from the EC? It seems that UKRI made a deadline for UKRI guarantee grant application until 31st of March.
Well thank you for letting me know, I will probably apply at the end of the next week. I don´t really know if they are going to associate at the end. Today my portal stopped working and I can´t text my Coordinator Manager. I am starting to loose my hope. I am very anoyed with UKRI but I will need to end funded with them

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:19 am

Spain-1 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:03 pm
PROSCO wrote:
Spain-1 wrote:

Well thank you for letting me know, I will probably apply at the end of the next week. I don´t really know if they are going to associate at the end. Today my portal stopped working and I can´t text my Coordinator Manager. I am starting to loose my hope. I am very anoyed with UKRI but I will need to end funded with them
Sorry.. just to clarify where you will apply next week ? are you already in the GAP invitation or reserve list ?

Spain-1

Post by Spain-1 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:07 am

Syd87 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:19 am
Spain-1 wrote:
PROSCO wrote:

Sorry.. just to clarify where you will apply next week ? are you already in the GAP invitation or reserve list ?
I will apply to UKRI guarantee, I am already in the GAP invitation, but I would like to start my grant no late than June. I am afraid of delaying too much the starting of the grant because I would like to come back to my country ASAP.

Praba

Post by Praba » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:04 pm

Spain-1 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:07 am
Syd87 wrote:
Spain-1 wrote:

I will apply to UKRI guarantee, I am already in the GAP invitation, but I would like to start my grant no late than June. I am afraid of delaying too much the starting of the grant because I would like to come back to my country ASAP.
Hi, at the present situation, does UK-based applicants will be able to sign GAP, or need to wait until the association is happening? If UK-based applicants sign the GAP, do we need to wait until EC will respond? it may depend upon the association between the UK with HE. Did you get any info from EC (or UKRI) about the GAP signing or UK-EU association? Thanks :)

Spain-1

Post by Spain-1 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:34 am

Praba wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:04 pm
Spain-1 wrote:
Syd87 wrote:

Hi, at the present situation, does UK-based applicants will be able to sign GAP, or need to wait until the association is happening? If UK-based applicants sign the GAP, do we need to wait until EC will respond? it may depend upon the association between the UK with HE. Did you get any info from EC (or UKRI) about the GAP signing or UK-EU association? Thanks :)

Hi! No one gives me any information. I think the best thing I can do is waiting til 17th May and pray for UK will sign the agreement. Without the agreement we cannot sign the GAP. If they don't sign the agreement before 17th May, I will ask for the UKRI guarantee... I mean, this year could happen, even more before the Windsor... But no one knows

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:09 pm

Spain-1 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:34 am
Praba wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:04 pm
Spain-1 wrote:

Hi! No one gives me any information. I think the best thing I can do is waiting til 17th May and pray for UK will sign the agreement. Without the agreement we cannot sign the GAP. If they don't sign the agreement before 17th May, I will ask for the UKRI guarantee... I mean, this year could happen, even more before the Windsor... But no one knows

But isn't the UKRI guarantee fund application ends on the last day of March? What happens if you don't apply for the UKRI grant fund and waited until May and still the UK is not associated with HE?