2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

XmendeleievX

2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by XmendeleievX » Thu May 19, 2022 10:47 am

There we go again. The call for 2022 is now open and it is about time to open a thread.

I am 4th time applicant (last two calls GF 89 and 90 points). I have been away from home long enough to be able to apply for the EF this time, I hope that makes the trick.

For those of you who are new, welcome to the madness. For the old timers, welcome back!.

Cortran

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by Cortran » Fri May 20, 2022 1:56 pm

Hi,

This will be my first time applying. I've read the Work Programme, in which I found that the thesis must at least have been defended by the deadline. The problem is that with a September deadline, I won't have defended yet.

My first question is: is this a "hard requirement", or is it possible that the application be kept despite this condition not being met? Have any of you ever been in this case, or know someone who did?

My second, related, question is that I saw there is a "postponment clause", stating the Director may postpone the deadline by up to two months. From what I could find, this did not happen last year, but for those of you who have been following this funding program over the years, do you believe it is likely/possible the deadline will be set back?

Thank you in advance,

XmendeleievX

Post by XmendeleievX » Sat May 21, 2022 3:25 pm

Cortran wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:56 pm
Hi,

This will be my first time applying. I've read the Work Programme, in which I found that the thesis must at least have been defended by the deadline. The problem is that with a September deadline, I won't have defended yet.

My first question is: is this a "hard requirement", or is it possible that the application be kept despite this condition not being met? Have any of you ever been in this case, or know someone who did?

My second, related, question is that I saw there is a "postponment clause", stating the Director may postpone the deadline by up to two months. From what I could find, this did not happen last year, but for those of you who have been following this funding program over the years, do you believe it is likely/possible the deadline will be set back?

Thank you in advance,
Hello,

Regarding the PhD, you can find the eligibility criteria in the guide for applicants of the MSCA programme. In short, you need you hold a PhD by the moment of the deadline or at minimum be able to prove that you have defended your thesis. If you have not defended your thesis by 14th of September you won't be able to apply.

Regarding the "postponement clause", I am not sure I know what you mean, do you mean the delay of the MSCA deadline?. I guess it could happen but it is highly unlikely.

Naraka

Post by Naraka » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:06 pm

Hello everyone,

First time applying for a MSCA-EF and I have a question about the administrative information in part-A, which is not answere anywhere (not even in the guidelines, manuals, "frequently asked questions" or "common errors"): If you do not have a current institution/department, what do you put in those fields?

MSCA guidelines state that anyone can apply without having a present affiliation/institution, as long as they fulfill the eligibility criteria and have the support of the beneficiary organization. However, it is not possible to leave those fields empty because it generates a warning in the Funding & Tenders Portal. In the application form, it says that we can just put our own address if we don't have an institution or affiliation, but I still need to give it a name. Should I just write "Home address" or "Personal address" in both fields?

Thank you for all your help and good luck!

trina_80

Post by trina_80 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:28 pm

Naraka wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:06 pm
Hello everyone,

First time applying for a MSCA-EF and I have a question about the administrative information in part-A, which is not answere anywhere (not even in the guidelines, manuals, "frequently asked questions" or "common errors"): If you do not have a current institution/department, what do you put in those fields?

MSCA guidelines state that anyone can apply without having a present affiliation/institution, as long as they fulfill the eligibility criteria and have the support of the beneficiary organization. However, it is not possible to leave those fields empty because it generates a warning in the Funding & Tenders Portal. In the application form, it says that we can just put our own address if we don't have an institution or affiliation, but I still need to give it a name. Should I just write "Home address" or "Personal address" in both fields?

Thank you for all your help and good luck!
Hi, Naraka!

Last year was the second time I applied and each time I was in the situation you're describing (I was not affiliated). So I only put a line (so just a simple -) for the "current institution/department" and then my home address. I didn't experience any issues. However, I would recommend you read the guidelines carefully, as what they consider acceptable may change from year to year.

I hope this helps!

Ali.s

Post by Ali.s » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:36 am

Hi
My proposal in pervious call rated 63, could anyone tell me wether can I resubmit my proposal again ?

FairEnough

Post by FairEnough » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:31 am

Ali.s wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:36 am
Hi
My proposal in pervious call rated 63, could anyone tell me wether can I resubmit my proposal again ?
You may change your project leader who will host you or change your host institution or change both (new host institution and new project leader ), then you can use same proposal for the application (you can re-apply). Someone i know change the host institute and project leader. In first call he get 59%. The second time he scored 91%. So why not... you can do even better!

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:37 pm

Changed the thread to Sticky.
Good luck everyone!

dcimz

Post by dcimz » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:53 am

I have one query
It is mentioned in the MSCA guideline
“As from 2022, resubmission restrictions will apply for applications that received a score below 70% the previous year.”
Can we apply from a different host institute with a different topic?
I mean it only applies to resubmission not to new submission. Right?

michelef

Post by michelef » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:59 pm

Ali.s wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:36 am
Hi
If your project was rejected in the 2021 call (last year), then unfortunately you cannot resubmit again according to the new annoying rules. If you are referring to an earlier call, then there's nothing preventing you from applying with the same or a similar project.