2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

skm

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by skm » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:27 am

Fu Manchu wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:07 pm
Taha2021 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:19 am
Hello everyone!

My case: I applied last year for the first time and got above 90. This year, with the same proposal and a couple of improvements, I got 85.00%. I really thought that I would get a better score, but this time the reviewers did not like exactly the part that previous reviewers loved...

In any case, I wanted to mention to all the people that got the seal of excellence that there are other options. Last year, I got the seal and used it to apply for one of these special calls and I got a position. So look for these calls (they are real opportunities!).

https://research-and-innovation.ec.euro ... er-msca_en
https://www.gea.mur.gov.it/Bandi/YoungResearchersSoE

Some of them will open soon =)
So even if this year you don't get the MSCA, keep in mind the seal for this or next year.

and Congrats to all the winners! =)
It happened something similar here.

I cannot recall exactly the total score, but in 2021, I scored 4.9 in impact.

Last year it was 4.2/4.7/4.2 - a slight decrease in impact and in the whole score.

This year I scored 5/4.3/5. My impact part was pretty much the same in all three years. Actually, I did almost no corrections this year in the whole project, just a small thing in my methodology.

I am not sure if it helped, but I changed the keywords in my proposal, so I could narrow it to just people who actually know about the subject. I had a horrible experience with a national agency in Belgium in which most of the reviewers did not like my proposal. The exception was the only reviewer exactly from my field of study (and they were cruel enough to put this imformation in the evaluation).

Anyway, there are many good scholarships through Europe: Humboldt (I got that as well) in Germany, FWO in Belgium, Leverhulme and British Academy in the UK, NWO in the Netherlands, Esprit FWF in Austria... They even had one very similar to the Marie Curie in Switzerland. I tried most of them in the last 4 years. I think a topic about other scholarships would help people in despair. Marie Curie hit me hard a couple times as well, so dont feel bad about it - I know it is almost impossible. This is an unfair game, but usually we do have other options to maximize our chances.
Thank you for the good information.

I am finding difficult to search for host for Humboldt. Can u suggest best way to search through. ? Funny thing earlier contacted some, and 2 institutions I thought to be in Germany, but they are not. 😥😑😳

N.Papanastasiou

Post by N.Papanastasiou » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:01 am

Congratulations to this year's winners and commiserations to those of you who received disappointing news. In my daily practice of supporting researchers writing grants, I see that the main reason for rejection is related to errors in communication and strategy rather than limitations with the research idea / researcher profile, so it's always worth reconsidering how you can better frame your research ideas in the future.

For those of you working in the *Social Sciences & Humanities*, I wanted to let you know that I run free webinars on grant writing in this area of research, which you can sign up to here https://outstandingresearchgrants.com/workshops/

For those of you thinking of re-applying to the MSCA PF scheme next year, you might be interested in the course I run on the scheme, which had a 35% success rate last year. It's the only course that's specifically designed for social sciences & humanities researchers applying to the MSCA PF scheme. You can sign up to receive updates on the 2023 course here: https://outstandingresearchgrants.com/grant-courses/

Best of luck with your future grant applications,
Dr. Natalie Papanastasiou
Research Grant Consultant
https://outstandingresearchgrants.com/

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:13 am

UK NCP has no information about the candidate standing on the reserve list.. a typical Brexit effect..

suertudito

Post by suertudito » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:40 pm

Syd87 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:13 am
UK NCP has no information about the candidate standing on the reserve list.. a typical Brexit effect..
Same situation with my NCP (France)

Pradeep89

Post by Pradeep89 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:13 pm

suertudito wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:40 pm
Syd87 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:13 am
Same situation with my NCP (France)
Same with Sweden

Pradeep89

Post by Pradeep89 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:16 pm

Hi all
Does anyone have information regarding the Vinnova MSCA seal of excellence fellowship?
Thanks

Blinkilah

Post by Blinkilah » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:30 pm

Hello all ! Anyone who is going to or is already in France for MSCA ?

esteban.orellana

Post by esteban.orellana » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Dear all, Congratulations to those who won the Fellowship.
I got 84.2 and was planning to resubmit this year, but can some guide me?
I am going to be working more than one year in the country I applied, and according to the eligibilities rules it's not possible to submit, but works the same in this case? And the resubmission process is the same as the submission in the platform or has some differences?
Thanks to any who knows and wants to help,
Cheers.

Cinder

Post by Cinder » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:52 pm

Blinkilah wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:30 pm
Hello all ! Anyone who is going to or is already in France for MSCA ?
Hi! I will go to Paris (EF-LIF). I'm planning to start in September.

Yanmiao

Post by Yanmiao » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:45 pm

Pradeep89 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:16 pm
Hi all
Does anyone have information regarding the Vinnova MSCA seal of excellence fellowship?
Thanks
You can contact NCP in SWEDEN. I also find the following link about MSCA-Vinnova, there is a contact person at the end (Erik) , maybe you can get more information from him. https://www.vinnova.se/en/m/horizon-202 ... xcellence/