2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

MSCA20

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by MSCA20 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:23 pm

Screenshot_20230224-202246.png
Screenshot_20230224-202246.png (230.98 KiB) Viewed 174640 times

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:41 am

Praba wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:44 am
UKresearcher wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:14 am
Syd87 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:45 am

Those selected for MSCA fund can apply for UKRI fund. what about the reserve list after that.
Those on the reserve list will not be considered
Hi, how will it work for the selected candidates from UK? I try to mean, the selected UK candidates will not receive an invitation for Grant Agreement Preparation (GAP) from Horizon Europe until the UK & EU association agreement get formalized, or after the agreement sign for MSCA, will they be informed if the UK’s association to Horizon Europe will not apply at the planned date?
The recent update from UKRI stated that the guarantee funding for Horizon Europe will be extended for MSCA-PF 2022 (https://www.ukri.org/wp-content/uploads ... idance.pdf). Is that mean the same scenario will be followed for this year also, like MSCA-PF 2021?
Hi, this is my first time applying for the MSCA fellowship and not aware of the situation of the UK - EU association..
So, the accepted candidates from the UK institutions who should have received the MSCA grant will be funded by the UKRI, correct?
Would that open up the chance for the reserves to hold the grant for MSCA?
I heard from my NCP that there are quite a lot of proposals from UK who got accepted, so if this is the case, I think I might have some chance since I am on the reserve list.

Praba

Post by Praba » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:20 am

PROSCO wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:41 am
Praba wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:44 am
UKresearcher wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:14 am

Those on the reserve list will not be considered
Hi, how will it work for the selected candidates from UK? I try to mean, the selected UK candidates will not receive an invitation for Grant Agreement Preparation (GAP) from Horizon Europe until the UK & EU association agreement get formalized, or after the agreement sign for MSCA, will they be informed if the UK’s association to Horizon Europe will not apply at the planned date?
The recent update from UKRI stated that the guarantee funding for Horizon Europe will be extended for MSCA-PF 2022 (https://www.ukri.org/wp-content/uploads ... idance.pdf). Is that mean the same scenario will be followed for this year also, like MSCA-PF 2021?
Hi, this is my first time applying for the MSCA fellowship and not aware of the situation of the UK - EU association..
So, the accepted candidates from the UK institutions who should have received the MSCA grant will be funded by the UKRI, correct?
Would that open up the chance for the reserves to hold the grant for MSCA?
I heard from my NCP that there are quite a lot of proposals from UK who got accepted, so if this is the case, I think I might have some chance since I am on the reserve list.
Hi, I am not certain about the present status of UK-EU association. However, if this situation continues for next three months, there will be a chance to get grant for reserve list candidates.

If anyone received a grant in UK host institution, they might be knowing the current status of GAP, whether EU send a invitation for GAP or they will be applying for UKRI guarantee funding.

lagranga

Post by lagranga » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Following the media it seems that a deal on the NIP is close, and with that UK's association with HE becomes very likely. However, what I was wondering... shouldn't there be more funding available with the association? After all, the UK needs to contribute financially to HE as well.

Praba

Post by Praba » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:37 am

lagranga wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:25 pm
Following the media it seems that a deal on the NIP is close, and with that UK's association with HE becomes very likely. However, what I was wondering... shouldn't there be more funding available with the association? After all, the UK needs to contribute financially to HE as well.
Hi, Can you please share the media link?

Fish

Post by Fish » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:59 am

Dear all
I received such low scores in "Criterion 2 - Impact" and "Criterion 3 - implementation" ended up not getting the found. I would appreciate that if someone could send me his/her application from these two parts. I will keep it confidential and not worry about sharing it.
Many thanks in advance

lagranga

Post by lagranga » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:53 am

Praba wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:37 am
lagranga wrote:
Hi, Can you please share the media link?
https://sciencebusiness.net/news/Horizo ... ys-von-der

Praba

Post by Praba » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:45 am

lagranga wrote:
Now the question is, how long it may take for an association. UK wants to renegotiate the size of its Horizon Europe fee, having been locked out for two years. UK treasury minister said that it would take some time even a year. Hetan Shah, chief executive of the British Academy, tweeted that an actual association deal would take 6-9 months to agree.

In the meantime, UKRI has announced (on 28.02.2023) their gaurantee funding for MSCA-PF 2022 and updated it's guidelines in their website. An email from UKRI helpdesk tells that successfull candidates from MSCA-PF 2022 can start apply for their guarantee funding.

Spain-1

Post by Spain-1 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:31 pm

Praba wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:45 am
lagranga wrote:
Now the question is, how long it may take for an association. UK wants to renegotiate the size of its Horizon Europe fee, having been locked out for two years. UK treasury minister said that it would take some time even a year. Hetan Shah, chief executive of the British Academy, tweeted that an actual association deal would take 6-9 months to agree.

In the meantime, UKRI has announced (on 28.02.2023) their gaurantee funding for MSCA-PF 2022 and updated it's guidelines in their website. An email from UKRI helpdesk tells that successfull candidates from MSCA-PF 2022 can start apply for their guarantee funding.
Hi! Do you think it would be better to wait for applying to uk guarantee funding? What is the deadline for applying to this scheme? I did not find that information.

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:56 am

Spain-1 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:31 pm
Praba wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:45 am
lagranga wrote:

Hi! Do you think it would be better to wait for applying to uk guarantee funding? What is the deadline for applying to this scheme? I did not find that information.
You are on the reserve list? Do you know your waiting list number? You can only apply to UKRI currently if you have been invited for GAP.