2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Kaepirinha

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by Kaepirinha » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:36 pm

CGN wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:55 pm
Kaepirinha wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:44 pm
I ws thinking about the real stats to get the fellowship..

My feeling is that all people that prepare the MSCA-PF works a lot to prepare it..or you think that some people submit it without a lot of work?
I know 2 guys, one in astrophysics and the other in the humanities, who only worked on the proposal 3 or 4 weeks 24/h. They were lucky enough to get funded, the latter applied a second time to the GF and got the seal of excellence. My advisor was one of the first people to get it and she also spent about a month writing it. On the other hand, another researcher in the field of Foreign Languages spent months and months in writing and got funded with the lowest score possible. Most of them had something like 5 or 6 past successful proposals as a reference, a lot of support from their host institution, and an external company to review their proposal.

I spent about a year in writing and discussing with two professors + two researchers from my host institution, one successful past applicant from my same country, two grant office people, and my proposal was also reviewed by an external company. I only had one past successful proposal in a similar field as a reference and a couple of gantt charts from different fields. I am experienced in project writing as I both submitted many Horizon 2020 collaborative proposals and I have worked as a support staff for other researchers applying to different funders.

I still think that this is not sufficient for my proposal to be successful, for exemple I recognize that the implementation part was too dense if compared to successful proposals. My CV is also not competitive as I spent a few years on maternity leave and some other years in industry, and I work in a completely different field from my PhD (as I said, my project is way too interdisciplinary), therefore I had very few publications at the time of the deadline. Also, my host institution is in my home country, as I am trying to come back home, and this is often not the best for MSCA, it could be regarded as a lack of mobility.

The good aspects of my proposal, on the other hand are that 1) my supervisors are very famous in the field (I dare to say they are the most famous around the globe) 2) my host department has a record of successful MSCA fellows 3) I developed the ethical part very well, addressing what could have been considered potential shortcomings in the metodological part 4) the subject is somehow trendy in the EU agenda and recently some EU agencies published reports on the topic.
Thank you for your feedback.

By what you are saying...you have a face of being awarded. I do not think so many people have so much behind of their proposal as you.

josimau

Post by josimau » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:41 am

Helaine7575 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:49 pm
I spent a couple of months working on the proposal, and almost 24/7 in the two weeks before submission, checked some successful proposals of previous years, huge support from the host Institution and its project manager, senior academics checking the proposal, and a Top supervisor. As many said, luck Is also a factor here...actually very pessimistic (by nature and Is also my First Time) but never Say never
I was way too busy with my post-doc at the time so I worked on my proposal in the last four weekends available - I think I spent about 20hs per weekend so the estimated total amount is 80hs. I read a lot of guidelines available on the internet and from my host institution. My host institution managed to find a review company in the last week but the review was not helpful, it was very poor and the person clearly had no knowledge whatsoever of my proposal's topic - so it was not really helpful. Despite that, I think I was able to put up a good application and I am confident that I shall achieve, at least, the seal of excellence. Let's see in the next coming weeks! :)
Good luck to everybody!

Helaine7575

Post by Helaine7575 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:31 pm

Guys , anyone switched to ranking? Also, I was checking last year forum packed with people, same the years before, why do you think this year we are Just a bunch of us only? :roll:

Mobiusstrip

Post by Mobiusstrip » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:54 pm

Still no ranking for me … However, I noticed yesterday a change in my portal. The tabs « My projects » and « My expert area » appeared but disappeared after a couple of hours. Don’t know what that mean :?

Grace285

Post by Grace285 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:10 am

Helaine7575 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:31 pm
Guys , anyone switched to ranking? Also, I was checking last year forum packed with people, same the years before, why do you think this year we are Just a bunch of us only? :roll:
I noticed the same, I hope because the most active members got the MSCA. A new group of active members needs to be restored, and this may require a couple of years? i don t know...

babayo

Post by babayo » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:28 am

Grace285 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:10 am
Helaine7575 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:31 pm
I noticed the same, I hope because the most active members got the MSCA. A new group of active members needs to be restored, and this may require a couple of years? i don t know...
First time applying here and also got those tabs. I guess everyone did.

Steminist

Post by Steminist » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:58 am

Mobiusstrip wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:54 pm
Still no ranking for me … However, I noticed yesterday a change in my portal. The tabs « My projects » and « My expert area » appeared but disappeared after a couple of hours. Don’t know what that mean :?
Do not put hope on it, it happened to me last year and proposal did not get funding :(

CGN

Post by CGN » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:26 pm

Mobiusstrip wrote:
I still have those tabs, perhaps it was caused by scheduled maintenance? Are you registered as an expert?

Mobiusstrip

Post by Mobiusstrip » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:32 pm

CGN wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:26 pm
Mobiusstrip wrote:
I still have those tabs, perhaps it was caused by scheduled maintenance? Are you registered as an expert?

No I am not registered as expert

Mobiusstrip

Post by Mobiusstrip » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:34 pm

And just to let you know guys, I switched to ranking today, around 2pm :o My heart starts to race :lol:

Has any of you switched already?