2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Mar2022

Re: 2022 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2022)

Post by Mar2022 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:48 pm

Hi,

My proposal for PF-EU got 79% in 2021. I want to resubmit it again (considering the reviewer's comments). I mean the same proposal idea, title, host,... and it is edited base on the reviewer's commmnets.

I couldn't find the ¨resubmision¨part in the online submission! do I have to submit it normally? or there is a special link for resubmission :?: :?: :?:?

michelef

Post by michelef » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:48 am

Mar2022 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:48 pm
Hi,

My proposal for PF-EU got 79% in 2021. I want to resubmit it again (considering the reviewer's comments). I mean the same proposal idea, title, host,... and it is edited base on the reviewer's commmnets.

I couldn't find the ¨resubmision¨part in the online submission! do I have to submit it normally? or there is a special link for resubmission :?: :?: :?:?
You should probably ask the contact person at your host institution, they will know what to do.
I don't think there's any special submission procedure for resubmission anyway, you just have to tick the option "Has this proposal or a similar one been already submitted in the past two years?" in the standard submission procedure. (I don't remember the exact wording of that option, but it should be something like that)

St_Remy

Post by St_Remy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:28 pm

You just need to submit normally, but there is a place in the submission platform to click that your proposal is a resubmission.

To improve your next score towards the 95% and above range, make sure to substantially improve the whole of your proposal, while diligently incorporating the reviewers' comments; of course you can use the same title, host institution, etc. This is because most resubmissions that just do the bare minimum rarely get the funding.

Note that reviewers that will review your resubmissions will be totally different from those that made the reviewers' comments that you are talking about. And the new reviewers will not even know that your proposal is a resubmission until they have finished scoring it, which is why it's important to substantially improve every aspect of your resubmission. Please, talk more about all these with your NCP.

Abz

Post by Abz » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:09 am

Question about UK based applicants

Do we know if UK universities are able to submit applications for 2022 call? Someone I know is asking me. I know the situation with the 2021 call, but not sure what it is the situation with 2022 call. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Abz on Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mar2022

Post by Mar2022 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:49 pm

michelef wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:48 am
Mar2022 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:48 pm
Hi,

You should probably ask the contact person at your host institution, they will know what to do.
I don't think there's any special submission procedure for resubmission anyway, you just have to tick the option "Has this proposal or a similar one been already submitted in the past two years?" in the standard submission procedure. (I don't remember the exact wording of that option, but it should be something like that)
Thank you so much. Ok, I will ask the host...

Mar2022

Post by Mar2022 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:51 pm

St_Remy wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:28 pm
You just need to submit normally, but there is a place in the submission platform to click that your proposal is a resubmission.

To improve your next score towards the 95% and above range, make sure to substantially improve the whole of your proposal, while diligently incorporating the reviewers' comments; of course you can use the same title, host institution, etc. This is because most resubmissions that just do the bare minimum rarely get the funding.

Note that reviewers that will review your resubmissions will be totally different from those that made the reviewers' comments that you are talking about. And the new reviewers will not even know that your proposal is a resubmission until they have finished scoring it, which is why it's important to substantially improve every aspect of your resubmission. Please, talk more about all these with your NCP.
Thank you so much for the detailed answer. I did not know that the reviewers don't know the resubmission or submission .... :o

pli

Post by pli » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:22 am

Hello,

Does anyone know if using the Arial narrow font is allowed? What is your experience?

michelef

Post by michelef » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:06 pm

pli wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:22 am
Hello,

Does anyone know if using the Arial narrow font is allowed? What is your experience?
No I don't think you can use that, you risk an immediate rejection.
Arial narrow will quite clearly increase the amount of text that you can put in the proposal, compared to a standard font (times new roman), which could be considered as an attempt to bypass the page limit.

Zander22

Post by Zander22 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

I am busy preparing a MSCA PF for the first time this year, but due to its competitiveness I have to consider other postdoc positions also. I guess most people here are in a similar position.

If successful, I guess we find out in March 2023. What I would really like to know is, how long after that do you have to accept and start the MSCA fellowship? So, if I take another position now, how long can the MSCA be pushed back?

Thanks!

saisonenenfer

Post by saisonenenfer » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:40 pm

I am confused about a certain point that I was hoping someone could clarify. When we submit the application, do we submit as researcher, or does the supervisor also have to submit the proposal on our behalf ? The Marie Curie website says that it encourages supervisors to submit the application, but I was wondering if people could also submit as researchers and still be successful. I am confused about the role of the supervisor and whether or not this person has to formally endorse at a certain point, to the people on the board of the MSCA.