Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

liukank

Re: Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

Post by liukank » Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm

Hi everyone!

As we all wait for the upcoming developments (hopefully next week we start seeing something moving), I would like to ask if anyone on the reserve list received their seal of excellence. Mine is still not in my follow-up page and I was wondering if this is happening to other reserve-list fellows.

Have a nice day!

ffasdd

Post by ffasdd » Tue May 09, 2023 3:18 pm

:| I already got mine on the 4th of April
liukank wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Hi everyone!

As we all wait for the upcoming developments (hopefully next week we start seeing something moving), I would like to ask if anyone on the reserve list received their seal of excellence. Mine is still not in my follow-up page and I was wondering if this is happening to other reserve-list fellows.

Have a nice day!

Yanmiao

Post by Yanmiao » Tue May 09, 2023 8:58 pm

Hi, where did you find the seal of excellence? I just checked my follow-up and didn't find it. I will probably contact my NCP. :|
ffasdd wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 3:18 pm
:| I already got mine on the 4th of April
liukank wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Hi everyone!

Have a nice day!

barbara22

Post by barbara22 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:25 pm

Hi all!

May 17th is getting closer and closer, and my anxiety grows exponentially.
Does anyone happen to know if the "Projects funded" list includes all winning projects? or only the ones that signed the agreement?
So far, 936 and counting...

If anyone has any useful info please share :)

liukank

Post by liukank » Fri May 12, 2023 12:34 pm

barbara22 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:25 pm
Hi all!

Does anyone happen to know if the "Projects funded" list includes all winning projects? or only the ones that signed the agreement?

Woah! I wasn't aware of this number, but it seems plausible that these are those who signed the agreement. Considering that 1,235 fellowships were awarded I may think that between drop offs and UK based awardees, the difference makes sense.

barbara22

Post by barbara22 » Fri May 12, 2023 1:02 pm

Yes! I was thinking that, but we still have 5 more days for candidates to sign + the time they take uploading this info. I'm guessing this number will go up...
liukank wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:34 pm
barbara22 wrote:
Hi all!

Woah! I wasn't aware of this number, but it seems plausible that these are those who signed the agreement. Considering that 1,235 fellowships were awarded I may think that between drop offs and UK based awardees, the difference makes sense.

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Fri May 12, 2023 2:08 pm

barbara22 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:02 pm
Yes! I was thinking that, but we still have 5 more days for candidates to sign + the time they take uploading this info. I'm guessing this number will go up...
liukank wrote:
barbara22 wrote:
Hi all!

We only have 5 more days left for the application deadline! That was a long time of waiting :shock:
Since the total number of funded projects is 1,235, the open seats are about 300, which sounds pretty plausible.
Since there are 8 panels for both GF and EF and by looking at the past posts in the website, there are always little to none reserve seats for the GF. I assume that each panels for EF would have average 30 seats atm. Since I was noted that my panel had around 50 funds which were selected but their host is in UK, I think this number became more and more reliable.

But.. Let's wait and see :)

liukank

Post by liukank » Fri May 12, 2023 3:39 pm

PROSCO wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:08 pm
barbara22 wrote:
liukank wrote:

We only have 5 more days left for the application deadline! That was a long time of waiting :shock:
Since the total number of funded projects is 1,235, the open seats are about 300, which sounds pretty plausible.
Since there are 8 panels for both GF and EF and by looking at the past posts in the website, there are always little to none reserve seats for the GF. I assume that each panels for EF would have average 30 seats atm. Since I was noted that my panel had around 50 funds which were selected but their host is in UK, I think this number became more and more reliable.

What do you mean with little to none reserve seats for GF? That very few people are called from the reserve list? Because I have this impression while hearing other people's experience in past years...

barbara22

Post by barbara22 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:52 pm

I think it is just a matter of math and statistics. You have waaaay less candidates in GF panels, then very few winners, and I don't think it is likely that any one of those will drop. So maybe if you are lucky 1 person from each GF panel will be called from the reserve list, 2 at the most. While I'm guessing 20-30 for EF panels. But ofc who knows. It will certainly depend on UK candidates and we don't have accurate info on how many they are or how they are distributed among the panels.
Soooo, if no one has any other information we will have to keep on waiting...
liukank wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:39 pm
PROSCO wrote:
barbara22 wrote:

What do you mean with little to none reserve seats for GF? That very few people are called from the reserve list? Because I have this impression while hearing other people's experience in past years...

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Tue May 16, 2023 4:34 am

barbara22 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:52 pm
I think it is just a matter of math and statistics. You have waaaay less candidates in GF panels, then very few winners, and I don't think it is likely that any one of those will drop. So maybe if you are lucky 1 person from each GF panel will be called from the reserve list, 2 at the most. While I'm guessing 20-30 for EF panels. But ofc who knows. It will certainly depend on UK candidates and we don't have accurate info on how many they are or how they are distributed among the panels.
Soooo, if no one has any other information we will have to keep on waiting...
liukank wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:39 pm
PROSCO wrote:

Can anybody explain me, what we are waiting for, that will be on 17th may. I have no idea, how UK list related to other European candidates. what UKRI can do that will help others?
kindly enlightened me and all those who are far from understanding this ?