Re: Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

Post by skb » Fri May 19, 2023 2:39 pm

Praba wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:16 am
BUKH wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:34 am
Praba wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 3:57 pm

Possibly yes. They could be in the meeting. But, I heard today is a bank holiday in Germany. So only we can confirm this if any other NCPs are giving same kind of replies. Any replies from other NCPs?
Like you said this time things are moving bit smooth compared to the last year. Seems like they are aware of this UK situation from the last year.
My NCP (Finland) is also out of the office till May 22nd (Monday).
Seems like all NCPs are attending in the meeting. I hope we may start getting replies from Monday onwards.
Btw any replies from the other NCPs?
As of now, Germany, Spain and Finland NCPs will be back on 22 May 2023.
My NCP (Belgium) is also on leave till May 22nd (Monday)

Praba

Post by Praba » Fri May 19, 2023 3:04 pm

skb wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 2:39 pm
Praba wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:16 am
BUKH wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:34 am

My NCP (Finland) is also out of the office till May 22nd (Monday).
Seems like all NCPs are attending in the meeting. I hope we may start getting replies from Monday onwards.
Btw any replies from the other NCPs?
As of now, Germany, Spain and Finland NCPs will be back on 22 May 2023.
My NCP (Belgium) is also on leave till May 22nd (Monday)
Thank you for your reply. I wonder if anyone recieved a reply from the NCP(UK).

ahaber

Post by ahaber » Fri May 19, 2023 5:44 pm

Physics proposal in the UK with 91.8 points (waitlist): I just received a letter of rejection from the EU :
"Successful applicants established in the United Kingdom will not be treated as
established in an associated country if the association agreement does not apply by the
time of the signature of the grant agreement.
The United Kingdom’s association to Horizon Europe did not apply at the planned date
(17/5/2023) of signature of the grant agreement for your proposal. Therefore, your
proposal has been declared ineligible and formally rejected.”"

Not totally clear what that means though (is there a chance that UKRI will fund my proposal now?)

Praba

Post by Praba » Fri May 19, 2023 6:13 pm

ahaber wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:44 pm
Physics proposal in the UK with 91.8 points (waitlist): I just received a letter of rejection from the EU :
"Successful applicants established in the United Kingdom will not be treated as
established in an associated country if the association agreement does not apply by the
time of the signature of the grant agreement.
The United Kingdom’s association to Horizon Europe did not apply at the planned date
(17/5/2023) of signature of the grant agreement for your proposal. Therefore, your

Not totally clear what that means though (is there a chance that UKRI will fund my proposal now?)
Hi Ahaber, I am sorry to hear this. Thank you for sharing this with us. Yes, it means your proposal is formally rejected from the EU. In the last year, UKRI did not fund for the reserve list candidates. However, it may differ this year. So you can request to UKRI through your host or can find alternative funding options using SoE. I hope your project will be funded with other funding agencies. I wish you all the best.
Last edited by Praba on Fri May 19, 2023 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Praba

Post by Praba » Fri May 19, 2023 6:29 pm

Hi all, EU is acting very fast this year. In the last year, the first GAP invitation has been sent to the reserve list candidates by EU the day (07 July 2022) after started sending rejection letter (on 06 July 2022) to the UK-based reserve list candidates. So we can expect some good news soon.

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Fri May 19, 2023 10:16 pm

Praba wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 6:29 pm
Hi all, EU is acting very fast this year. In the last year, the first GAP invitation has been sent to the reserve list candidates by EU the day (07 July 2022) after started sending rejection letter (on 06 July 2022) to the UK-based reserve list candidates. So we can expect some good news soon.
Got a rejection stating that "The United Kingdom’s association to Horizon Europe did not apply at the planned date

what the hell is wrong with UK...

Praba

Post by Praba » Fri May 19, 2023 10:48 pm

Syd87 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:16 pm
Praba wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 6:29 pm
Got a rejection stating that "The United Kingdom’s association to Horizon Europe did not apply at the planned date

what the hell is wrong with UK...
I am very sorry to hear this. But you can request to UKRI for guarantee funding, eventhough last year they did not support. Also, you can discuss with your host for alternative funding options with different funding agencies using SoE.

As well, thank you so much for sharing the news with us and opened this current group. It was really helpful to discuss lot of stuffs.

I wish you all the very best for the alternative funding options.

Praba

Post by Praba » Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 am

Any update from the UK-based selected candidates? Can you able to sign the GAP or do you need to apply for UKRI guarantee funding? Kindly let us know if any UK-based selected candidates available in this forum or anyone knows in their friends circle. Thanks.

dmex

Post by dmex » Sat May 20, 2023 11:12 am

Hello Praba,

I got the grant to go to the UK and also received the rejection letter (caused by failure of the association to HE). We will start the process of applying to the UKRI guarantee soon.

Hope this helps,
dmex

@anyone from last year's batch (UKRI guarantee, MSCA-PF-EF 2021, are we still actually considered MSCA fellows? Or that ship has sailed? The EU has a network of training/alumni which I guess we are out of, right?
Praba wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 am
Any update from the UK-based selected candidates? Can you able to sign the GAP or do you need to apply for UKRI guarantee funding? Kindly let us know if any UK-based selected candidates available in this forum or anyone knows in their friends circle. Thanks.

Praba

Post by Praba » Sat May 20, 2023 12:58 pm

dmex wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:12 am
Hello Praba,

I got the grant to go to the UK and also received the rejection letter (caused by failure of the association to HE). We will start the process of applying to the UKRI guarantee soon.

Hope this helps,
dmex

@anyone from last year's batch (UKRI guarantee, MSCA-PF-EF 2021, are we still actually considered MSCA fellows? Or that ship has sailed? The EU has a network of training/alumni which I guess we are out of, right?
Praba wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 am
Hi dmex, thank you for your reply. I wish you the good luck for a new UKRI guarantee funding.
Regarding your question about will be the UKRI candidates considered as MSCA fellows, unfortunately no I guess. I have read the article which is written by the UKRI funded researchers stating that they are missing MSCA training programs and other privileges, eventhough UKRI has its own training schedules. However, you can enquire someone directly who is funded by the UKRI. Once again thank you so much for sharing the news with us.