Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

den_clark

Re: Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A

Post by den_clark » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:22 pm

Kaepirinha wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:16 am
Hi guy,

I think you should change the topic to reserve list MSCA 2022.

I got 95.6%, reserve list in GF-ENG Panel. I'm looking for more guys in GF-ENG panel. Although if there is none here..it might say that they were not very interested in the results....^^
but 95.6% in the reserve list? is that true? typically GF have a lower threshold than EF. 95.6 and being only on the reserve list is insane....

kmkrispy

Re: Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

Post by kmkrispy » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:30 pm

EF-ENG Reserve list 89%. Don't think I'm going to get off the list. Got my results at 2:45 am CET this morning (13/2). Sad this was my only chance. Oh well. Best of luck to the lot of you.

goshgoshgosh

Post by goshgoshgosh » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:32 pm

Hi folk,

also reserve list, 92,2% GF-SOC.

In past editions, two friends eventually got funded with similar scores (92,2%, 92,0%), though the latter was only notified in October (he had already resubmitted... and got a lower score), after he had been told he had virtually zero chances to get it at the end.

So it is completely unpredictable; hard, but not impossible. But better not counting on it.

One question: any of you could see their relative position in the waiting list? The EC letter brings to a link where there's no mention of it. I wrote to my NCP—so far no answer, but I suspect they're overwhelmed with emails at the present moment.

goshgoshgosh

Post by goshgoshgosh » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:35 pm

Didi wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:22 pm
Hi,
I am on the reserve list GF-SOC with 93.2%. Do you know how many people are before us?
liukank wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:41 am
I'm in reserve list SOC-GF with 92.2%

I just wrote to my NCP (Germany) to ask about my position on the list. I will let you know when I have an answer. They might know about it, so I advise you all to contact your NCPs and ask all about position, chances to received and so on. However, from what I saw here in this forum past years it can be a terrible limbo...
wow! that's crazy, last year's GF cutoff was below 93%.

Anyway, I got 92,2% in your panel, so this means I have virtually zero chances. Good to know.

liukank

Post by liukank » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:30 pm

goshgoshgosh wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:32 pm
Hi folk,

In past editions, two friends eventually got funded with similar scores (92,2%, 92,0%), though the latter was only notified in October (he had already resubmitted... and got a lower score), after he had been told he had virtually zero chances to get it at the end.

So it is completely unpredictable; hard, but not impossible. But better not counting on it.

One question: any of you could see their relative position in the waiting list? The EC letter brings to a link where there's no mention of it. I wrote to my NCP—so far no answer, but I suspect they're overwhelmed with emails at the present moment.
Your NCP should know your position. Mine just told me I'm 10th, same panel as you, same score. I guess this year the cut off score was really high compared with past year. Unless there is more money coming from who knows, I see no chances of 10 people dropping.

suertudito

Post by suertudito » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:39 pm

liukank wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:30 pm
goshgoshgosh wrote:
Hi folk,

Your NCP should know your position. Mine just told me I'm 10th, same panel as you, same score. I guess this year the cut off score was really high compared with past year. Unless there is more money coming from who knows, I see no chances of 10 people dropping.
My NCP (France) told me they don't have a position list for the reserve list...

There may be chances of 10 people dropping if there is not association between the EU and the UK and the researchers that would be hosted in the UK are forced to drop the grant.

jiangmq

Post by jiangmq » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:02 pm

My host is in UK. Will I also have the chance to be funded? I mean if my score is very close to the cutoff score.

pli

Post by pli » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:05 pm

Reserve list EF CHE 87.8. For me very strange to be with this score on reserve list. I think the comments does not correspond to the final score (20 strong points and 4 weak). Last year I had 11 strengths and 5 weaknesses and got around 89. The only rule for this fellowship is there is no rules.

goshgoshgosh

Post by goshgoshgosh » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:19 pm

liukank wrote:
goshgoshgosh wrote:
Hi folk,

Actually a friend of mine with a similar score as ours got eventually funded being in the low 70s in the list. I guess it was the EF though. So yes, I do not see 10 people dropping in our panel either.

goshgoshgosh

Post by goshgoshgosh » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:22 pm

suertudito wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:39 pm
liukank wrote:
goshgoshgosh wrote:
Hi folk,

My NCP (France) told me they don't have a position list for the reserve list...

There may be chances of 10 people dropping if there is not association between the EU and the UK and the researchers that would be hosted in the UK are forced to drop the grant.
honestly I do not see this happening, now that they went through the whole process.