Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

Praba

Re: Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

Post by Praba » Thu May 25, 2023 11:23 am

BUKH wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:16 am
Just received a reply from my NCP:
"I was just informed that as the GAPs have now been signed, the possible reserve list candidates that will receive funding will be informed any day now (if they have not been informed yet). I am interpreting this to mean that you should know by the end of May."
That is great news for us. Thanks for sharing.

Praba

Post by Praba » Thu May 25, 2023 1:21 pm

Hi all, just my NCP confirmed that today they had a meeting with EC and EC will start sending invitations to the reserve list candidates sooner, probably next week.

Masterew

Post by Masterew » Fri May 26, 2023 10:12 am

Got same answer from my NCP.
They expect invitations for the next week.

jahmed

Post by jahmed » Fri May 26, 2023 10:37 am

I got following message from host and NCPs, respectively,

Host reply:
I’m very surprised about the high number of ‘unsigned ‘ PF projects,

but I guess that this is caused by administrative problems rather than abandoned fellowships.

Of course we will let you know if we have news about your project.

I guess that the reserve list projects are contacted individually or in small batches, as soon as funding becomes available, rather than all at once on the same date.

NCP reply:

As mentioned by my colleague Eugenia, as NCP we do not have any information from the European Commission about the advancement on the reserve list (before or after the GAP).

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Sun May 28, 2023 12:37 pm

jahmed wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:37 am

Host reply:

but I guess that this is caused by administrative problems rather than abandoned fellowships.

I guess that the reserve list projects are contacted individually or in small batches, as soon as funding becomes available, rather than all at once on the same date.

NCP reply:

As mentioned by my colleague Eugenia, as NCP we do not have any information from the European Commission about the advancement on the reserve list (before or after the GAP).
Is it also for UK reserve list or only EU ?

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Sun May 28, 2023 12:37 pm

Syd87 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:37 pm
jahmed wrote:

Host reply:

NCP reply:

Bcz we already got rejection letter.

ExAstris

Post by ExAstris » Mon May 29, 2023 1:36 pm

From what I understand there is no such thing as a UK reserve list:

The EU commission selects projects for funding and draws up a waiting list comprised of the highest ranked applications below the funding cutoff. UK-based projects were allowed to compete in the selection, under the provision that the UK has to associate to Horizon Europe in order for UK-based projects to be funded.
But now the UK has not associated by the deadline for signing agreements. So all UK-based projects that were selected for funding were rejected. UK-based projects on the MSCA reserve list get kicked off the list, too, because if they were to backfill a booted project they'd be in the same position, as UK-based projects cannot be funded without association.

From the point of view of the commission the story ends here: EU-based projects are funded, the gaps left by the UK-based ones are filled with EU-based projects from the reserve list. UK-based projects, irrespective of whether they were ever selected for funding or the reserve, are of no interest for Horizon Europe, the commission, or anybody else in the EU.

The UK now can do what it wants, and what it wants is to take the projects that were selected for funding by the commission, and fund them itself via UKRI. And nobody seems to know what happens with the UK-based projects on the MSCA reserve list, because technically these were not selected for funding, but they had the potential to get funded, if the budget became available. And the press releases from the UK only talk about the projects that were in fact selected for funding, they don't mention the reserve at all. So if you want to know about the state of the UK-based projects on the reserve list, ask UKRI.
Syd87 wrote:
Syd87 wrote:
jahmed wrote:

Host reply:

NCP reply:

Bcz we already got rejection letter.

Praba

Post by Praba » Tue May 30, 2023 10:32 am

Hey guys, any recent updates from the NCPs..?? I got no further information yet.

barbara22

Post by barbara22 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:39 am

Hi!
No more news from my NCP. But I hope reserve candidates start getting emails for grant agreement preparation this week or the next.

Good luck everyone!
Praba wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:32 am
Hey guys, any recent updates from the NCPs..?? I got no further information yet.

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Tue May 30, 2023 2:58 pm

barbara22 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:39 am
Hi!
No more news from my NCP. But I hope reserve candidates start getting emails for grant agreement preparation this week or the next.

Good luck everyone!
Praba wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:32 am
I haven't received any yet, as well.