Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

PROSCO

Re: Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

Post by PROSCO » Tue May 16, 2023 6:44 am

Syd87 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:34 am
barbara22 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:52 pm
I think it is just a matter of math and statistics. You have waaaay less candidates in GF panels, then very few winners, and I don't think it is likely that any one of those will drop. So maybe if you are lucky 1 person from each GF panel will be called from the reserve list, 2 at the most. While I'm guessing 20-30 for EF panels. But ofc who knows. It will certainly depend on UK candidates and we don't have accurate info on how many they are or how they are distributed among the panels.
Soooo, if no one has any other information we will have to keep on waiting...
liukank wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:39 pm

What do you mean with little to none reserve seats for GF? That very few people are called from the reserve list? Because I have this impression while hearing other people's experience in past years...
Can anybody explain me, what we are waiting for, that will be on 17th may. I have no idea, how UK list related to other European candidates. what UKRI can do that will help others?
kindly enlightened me and all those who are far from understanding this ?
Hello. I'm also not familiar with the overall process (as this is my first time applying for the MSCA-PF), but here's the information I know at the moment. As I am aware of, the GAP deadline is until 17th May. So, EC would have an exact number of seats remaining for the reserve. Not sure of the exact date, but from 17th of May EC would be able to notify the lucky reserves with a good news. As of now, there are 949 selected projects which means that there are quite a lot of empty seats for the reserves. In terms of UK, the UK-Horizon Europe association agreement is on a halt. If it stays that way until 17th of May, selected projects with the UK host would not be eligible for receiving the MSCA-PF Fellowship. (They will be funded by UKRI). I am not sure if the number 949 includes those who chose UK host, but I went through the funded project lists and I was not able to find any...

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:10 am

PROSCO wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:44 am
Syd87 wrote:
barbara22 wrote:
I think it is just a matter of math and statistics. You have waaaay less candidates in GF panels, then very few winners, and I don't think it is likely that any one of those will drop. So maybe if you are lucky 1 person from each GF panel will be called from the reserve list, 2 at the most. While I'm guessing 20-30 for EF panels. But ofc who knows. It will certainly depend on UK candidates and we don't have accurate info on how many they are or how they are distributed among the panels.

Can anybody explain me, what we are waiting for, that will be on 17th may. I have no idea, how UK list related to other European candidates. what UKRI can do that will help others?
Hello. I'm also not familiar with the overall process (as this is my first time applying for the MSCA-PF), but here's the information I know at the moment. As I am aware of, the GAP deadline is until 17th May. So, EC would have an exact number of seats remaining for the reserve. Not sure of the exact date, but from 17th of May EC would be able to notify the lucky reserves with a good news. As of now, there are 949 selected projects which means that there are quite a lot of empty seats for the reserves. In terms of UK, the UK-Horizon Europe association agreement is on a halt. If it stays that way until 17th of May, selected projects with the UK host would not be eligible for receiving the MSCA-PF Fellowship. (They will be funded by UKRI). I am not sure if the number 949 includes those who chose UK host, but I went through the funded project lists and I was not able to find any...
So for now, on 17th May only European host candidates (reserve list) will be called not with UK host. For UK host (reserve list) they must wait till the UK-EU do anything ?

barbara22

Post by barbara22 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:01 am

This is right, except for a tiny part. There is no thing such as "exact number of seats remaining for the reserve". The process of calling reserve candidates goes hand in hand with the budget available. It sounds like the same thing, but it is not, and it is actually better for us. UK has the highest country correction coefficient (1.36), meaning the highest budgets. Spain for example has a CCC of 0.91. Meaning with 2 UK projects you can get the budget for 3 spanish ones. So, let's wait a couple more weeks. I'm guessing more than 300 candidates from the reserve list will get the funding.
Please, as soon as anyone recieves an email (rejection or GAP) share the news!

We are almost done with this painful waiting !

PROSCO wrote:
Syd87 wrote:
barbara22 wrote:

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Tue May 16, 2023 9:09 am

Syd87 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:10 am
PROSCO wrote:
Syd87 wrote:

So for now, on 17th May only European host candidates (reserve list) will be called not with UK host. For UK host (reserve list) they must wait till the UK-EU do anything ?
I'm sorry but I have no useful information regarding your concern :( . I saw some posts from this website asking whether the reserves with the UK host would be selected and then funded by UKRI guarantee program. But I was not able to find definitive answers.

If EC selects the reserve lists with UK host, then those who are selected would be benefited by the UKRI and that would create additional empty seats. I am not sure if EC would go with such process considering that it would create somewhat an iterative process until the empty seats are fully distributed to the European host candidates.

liukank

Post by liukank » Tue May 16, 2023 11:04 am

From last year's experience, candidates in the reserve list with a UK host received a rejection letter as soon as the deadline for GA signature expired. It was in late June last year and people started being called from the reserve list in early July. Keep in mind that everything was late last year, so we should definitely expect for things to start moving in the next few weeks.

pli

Post by pli » Tue May 16, 2023 11:22 pm

Hello,

Could someone provide the link where we can find how many MSCA PF grant agreements have been signed until now?

barbara22

Post by barbara22 » Wed May 17, 2023 8:32 am

Hi! Here it is

https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... ePageState
pli wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:22 pm
Hello,

Could someone provide the link where we can find how many MSCA PF grant agreements have been signed until now?

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Thu May 18, 2023 4:42 am

barbara22 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:32 am
Hi! Here it is

pli wrote:
Hello,

Hi all
Any news on UK -EU agreement?

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Thu May 18, 2023 6:17 am

Syd87 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 4:42 am
barbara22 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:32 am
Hi! Here it is

pli wrote:
Hello,

Hi all
Any news on UK -EU agreement?
Nothing so far, as I know of

jahmed

Post by jahmed » Thu May 18, 2023 9:47 am

Any update for reserve list candidates? any idea how many project can be funded from reserve list?