PROSCO

Re: Only related to "Reserve list" Q&A 2022

Post by PROSCO » Sat May 20, 2023 1:06 pm

Praba wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 12:58 pm
dmex wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:12 am
Hello Praba,

I got the grant to go to the UK and also received the rejection letter (caused by failure of the association to HE). We will start the process of applying to the UKRI guarantee soon.

Hope this helps,
dmex

@anyone from last year's batch (UKRI guarantee, MSCA-PF-EF 2021, are we still actually considered MSCA fellows? Or that ship has sailed? The EU has a network of training/alumni which I guess we are out of, right?
Praba wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 am
Any update from the UK-based selected candidates? Can you able to sign the GAP or do you need to apply for UKRI guarantee funding? Kindly let us know if any UK-based selected candidates available in this forum or anyone knows in their friends circle. Thanks.
Hi dmex, thank you for your reply. I wish you the good luck for a new UKRI guarantee funding.
Regarding your question about will be the UKRI candidates considered as MSCA fellows, unfortunately no I guess. I have read the article which is written by the UKRI funded researchers stating that they are missing MSCA training programs and other privileges, eventhough UKRI has its own training schedules. However, you can enquire someone directly who is funded by the UKRI. Once again thank you so much for sharing the news with us.
Hi, Praba.

The number of funded project in the funding & tenders website has increased significantly in the last few hours. It has stayed idle for couple of days since 17 of May. Maybe they are including reserves in the system now?

Praba

Post by Praba » Sat May 20, 2023 1:44 pm

PROSCO wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:06 pm
Praba wrote:
dmex wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:12 am
Hello Praba,

I got the grant to go to the UK and also received the rejection letter (caused by failure of the association to HE). We will start the process of applying to the UKRI guarantee soon.

Hope this helps,
dmex

@anyone from last year's batch (UKRI guarantee, MSCA-PF-EF 2021, are we still actually considered MSCA fellows? Or that ship has sailed? The EU has a network of training/alumni which I guess we are out of, right?

Hi dmex, thank you for your reply. I wish you the good luck for a new UKRI guarantee funding.
Regarding your question about will be the UKRI candidates considered as MSCA fellows, unfortunately no I guess. I have read the article which is written by the UKRI funded researchers stating that they are missing MSCA training programs and other privileges, eventhough UKRI has its own training schedules. However, you can enquire someone directly who is funded by the UKRI. Once again thank you so much for sharing the news with us.
Hi, Praba.

The number of funded project in the funding & tenders website has increased significantly in the last few hours. It has stayed idle for couple of days since 17 of May. Maybe they are including reserves in the system now?
It means those are funded projects. To our knowledge, so far, no reserve list candidates were received an invitation for GAP. So how it suddenly increased? This could be signed projects which they did not upload so far. So remaining projects which are not signed is approximately 241. It is about 19.5%, close to the last year (19.6% from the UK). It make sense.
But, another factor I could not relate is few Hungary universities (~20) could not sign the GAP hence EU has blocked them. It should reflect in the number of signed projects.
Last edited by Praba on Sat May 20, 2023 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmex

Post by dmex » Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 pm

Praba wrote:
The folks at the grant management office of the UK uni I am joining told me applying to the UKRI guarantee is mostly an administrative procedure (no further evaluation/selection).. I hope that's right.

It's a pity we are excluded from the MSCA network.. any links you can share about this article you mentioned?

Thanks!
dmex

Praba

Post by Praba » Sat May 20, 2023 2:43 pm

dmex wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:47 pm
Praba wrote:
The folks at the grant management office of the UK uni I am joining told me applying to the UKRI guarantee is mostly an administrative procedure (no further evaluation/selection).. I hope that's right.

It's a pity we are excluded from the MSCA network.. any links you can share about this article you mentioned?

Thanks!
dmex
I will share with you once I find the article. I tried to search, but I am not finding at this moment. In that article, two UKRI grantees shared their research life in the UK.

Praba

Post by Praba » Sat May 20, 2023 7:49 pm

Hi all, any update from the NCPs or EU for reserve list candidates?
The number of signed projects in the funding and tenders portal is remains same. I guess it almost reached the maximum. As of now, 19.5% of seats are need to be filled.

jahmed

Post by jahmed » Mon May 22, 2023 10:34 am

Any update for EF MSCA reserve candidates?

PROSCO

Post by PROSCO » Mon May 22, 2023 10:55 am

jahmed wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:34 am
I contacted my German NCP last week but have not received answer since then.

Praba

Post by Praba » Mon May 22, 2023 11:04 am

PROSCO wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:55 am
jahmed wrote:
Today I did not get an automatic reply from the German NCP, seems like they are around. I am expecting we probably will get reply by today.

liukank

Post by liukank » Mon May 22, 2023 11:17 am

I also sent an email to the German NCP, they must be flooded by now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUKH

Post by BUKH » Mon May 22, 2023 11:31 am

PROSCO wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:55 am
jahmed wrote:
Hi.
Do you still think that there would be around 50 EU MSCA-ENG candidates with UK host?