2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

PROSCO

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by PROSCO » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:44 am

chaitanya wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:21 pm
Hello guys,
I read the above discussion and I got that getting MSCA is hardwork but also luck plays a very crucial role here. My question is that my CV is not very strong. I have 10-11 papers overall but just 2 in first author. Also the topic of proposal which I am writing is very different than my PhD topic like my PhD was in crystal growth and I have proposed to work on nanocomposites so what do you think? Will I get the fellowship or not?
I was lucky with the last year's proposal and got funded. I was also in the similar situation as you were. In my opinion, if you have concrete skills relevant to your new topic and your supervisor has a good reputation and careers in that field, then it would be fine.

Taha2021

Post by Taha2021 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:47 pm

Hello everyone!

This is just a notice for people who applied last year and got the Seal of Excellence (call: HORIZON-MSCA-2022-PF-01-01).
The University of Siena has a call that is open to everyone who has the seal (even if they did not originally apply with the University of Siena or in Italy). They have extended the deadline to apply (until September 15), so it might be a good opportunity for someone looking for additional funding. The application process is simple. Here is the link:

https://research.unisi.it/seal-of-exellence/

All the best :)

Knomes

Post by Knomes » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I finished writing my proposal using this LaTeX template https://www.overleaf.com/latex/template ... kmdjpzbhkg. I changed the names of the sections and subsections to reflect those appearing in the official Word template.

However, I don't want any problems or be excluded because of technicalities. I tried to ask the official parties but nobody gave me a conclusive answer. Can I send my project as created from the LaTeX template? What do you think?

I think I'll rewrite the entire project in their Word template just to be sure, but I wanted to hear some opinions.

Thanks for the help!

fgittins

Post by fgittins » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:42 pm

Knomes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:58 pm
Hi everyone,

I finished writing my proposal using this LaTeX template https://www.overleaf.com/latex/template ... kmdjpzbhkg. I changed the names of the sections and subsections to reflect those appearing in the official Word template.

However, I don't want any problems or be excluded because of technicalities. I tried to ask the official parties but nobody gave me a conclusive answer. Can I send my project as created from the LaTeX template? What do you think?

I think I'll rewrite the entire project in their Word template just to be sure, but I wanted to hear some opinions.

Thanks for the help!
The application ultimately requires Parts B1 and B2 to be submitted as PDFs. I can't see any reason why rendering the PDFs in LaTeX would be prohibited. However, given how prone these applications are to simple errors, I am personally using the official template in Word.

If you do use LaTeX, you will need to make sure to include the tags that exist in the official template.

dchatterjee

Post by dchatterjee » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a question on the eligibility criteria of the fellowship. I just joined a postdoc in France in June this year. Can I apply for the fellowship in the same institute (considering I have stayed less than 12 months in France in the last 36 months)?

Thanks in advance...

assprovost

Post by assprovost » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:53 pm

dchatterjee wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 pm
Hi Everyone,

I have a question on the eligibility criteria of the fellowship. I just joined a postdoc in France in June this year. Can I apply for the fellowship in the same institute (considering I have stayed less than 12 months in France in the last 36 months)?

Thanks in advance...
yes, I applied when I was in the UK for 6 months by the time of application. So your should be ok this year, but not next.

skm

Post by skm » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:50 am

hi all,
i applied 3rd time this year and tried to rectify the previous evaluations' comments (weaknesses), I feel i have improved it to a large extent.
but it seems, a kind of luck factor also to be there. Based on some past experiences of many.

How many of you applying for 3rd time?

Regards

Antani

Post by Antani » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:56 pm

skm wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:50 am
hi all,
i applied 3rd time this year and tried to rectify the previous evaluations' comments (weaknesses), I feel i have improved it to a large extent.
but it seems, a kind of luck factor also to be there. Based on some past experiences of many.

How many of you applying for 3rd time?

Regards
I applied this year for the 4th time in the last 5 calls. I always had the impression that my proposal was much better than the previous one...but always got a lower score...in my experience, the lucky component is 90% of the result...we are all good researchers...our proposal only needs to go in the right hands...let's see this year :)

skm

Post by skm » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:42 pm

in my experience, the lucky component is 90% of the result...we are all good researchers...our proposal only needs to go in the right hands...let's see this year :)
OK. got the point. :)
lets hope for the better.

anonymous_insider

Post by anonymous_insider » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:24 am

fgittins wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:42 pm
Knomes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:58 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help!
The application ultimately requires Parts B1 and B2 to be submitted as PDFs. I can't see any reason why rendering the PDFs in LaTeX would be prohibited. However, given how prone these applications are to simple errors, I am personally using the official template in Word.

If you do use LaTeX, you will need to make sure to include the tags that exist in the official template.
In my own experience, respecting the template matters to the extent that any change to it is not perceived as a means to cheat on the page limit. As an evaluator, I am personally disappointed by such practices, because I find them unfair toward other applicants who are struggling with the page limit as much as everyone. I empathize with applicants having to use those (IMO totally useless) very long headings/sub-headings that are more meant as a guide for applicants/evaluators, but unfortunately they are established by the EC and should be respected. Minor deviations are OK, again, in my own experience.