2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

PlasmaFuture

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by PlasmaFuture » Wed May 01, 2024 3:05 pm

DrLee wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:15 pm
PlasmaFuture wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:48 pm
DrLee wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm
Hi. Where did the information about 7 weeks come from? Is it officially stated somewhere?
You can deal with visa issues now. The MSCA fellowship allows you to apply for a global talent visa.And this process is not related to the exam into JeS system.
I directly asked to JeSHelp(UKRI) and they gave me information about 7 weeks. Also, the university staff said I cannot apply for visa unless they get grant confirmation from UKRI.
I'm currently in the process of applying for a global talent visa.I even asked the university staff in advance, they said that I could apply now.I think in your case they were talking about a skilled worker visa (this can be done after signing the grant, as I know).

https://royalsociety.org/grants/global- ... -route-two
"If you have received a MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship or ERC Grant in the 2021 or 2022 calls hosted in the UK but don’t have a Grant Agreement because you are submitting your grant details to UKRI in order to receive funding through the Horizon Europe Guarantee, you can submit the following documents with your Global Talent visa endorsement application: 1. for a MSCA Fellowship submit a copy of the European Research Executive Agency GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal (which contains your name); 2. for an ERC Grant submit a copy of the European Research Council Executive Agency GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal (which contains your name); 3. if you already have confirmed funding from the UKRI Horizon Europe Guarantee, you must submit a copy of your UKRI Guarantee Offer Letter with your application."

To obtain a GTV, you only need a GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal!

DrLee

Post by DrLee » Wed May 01, 2024 5:34 pm

PlasmaFuture wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:05 pm
DrLee wrote:
PlasmaFuture wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:48 pm

Hi. Where did the information about 7 weeks come from? Is it officially stated somewhere?
You can deal with visa issues now. The MSCA fellowship allows you to apply for a global talent visa.And this process is not related to the exam into JeS system.
I directly asked to JeSHelp(UKRI) and they gave me information about 7 weeks. Also, the university staff said I cannot apply for visa unless they get grant confirmation from UKRI.
I'm currently in the process of applying for a global talent visa.I even asked the university staff in advance, they said that I could apply now.I think in your case they were talking about a skilled worker visa (this can be done after signing the grant, as I know).

"If you have received a MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship or ERC Grant in the 2021 or 2022 calls hosted in the UK but don’t have a Grant Agreement because you are submitting your grant details to UKRI in order to receive funding through the Horizon Europe Guarantee, you can submit the following documents with your Global Talent visa endorsement application: 1. for a MSCA Fellowship submit a copy of the European Research Executive Agency GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal (which contains your name); 2. for an ERC Grant submit a copy of the European Research Council Executive Agency GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal (which contains your name); 3. if you already have confirmed funding from the UKRI Horizon Europe Guarantee, you must submit a copy of your UKRI Guarantee Offer Letter with your application."

To obtain a GTV, you only need a GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal!
Thank you for your detailed reply! But the university staff exactly mentioned that i’m eligible for global talent visa and i can apply for visa after they get grant confirmation from UKRI. Maybe the staff was confusing about the process? Maybe i should ask them again although they’re not replying my recent inquiry😅 haha… everything is so slow😂😂

PlasmaFuture

Post by PlasmaFuture » Wed May 01, 2024 5:44 pm

DrLee wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:34 pm
PlasmaFuture wrote:
DrLee wrote:

Thank you for your detailed reply! But the university staff exactly mentioned that i’m eligible for global talent visa and i can apply for visa after they get grant confirmation from UKRI. Maybe the staff was confusing about the process? Maybe i should ask them again although they’re not replying my recent inquiry😅 haha… everything is so slow😂😂
FYI, the university is not involved in any way in the process of obtaining a GT visa; it is an independent process.The university staff also informed me about the possibility of reimbursement for visa expenses from the MSCA fund.

PlasmaFuture

Post by PlasmaFuture » Wed May 01, 2024 5:45 pm

DrLee wrote:
PlasmaFuture wrote:
DrLee wrote:

FYI, the university is not involved in any way in the process of obtaining a GT visa; it is an independent process.The university staff also informed me about the possibility of reimbursement for visa expenses from the MSCA fund.

DrLee

Post by DrLee » Thu May 02, 2024 9:33 am

PlasmaFuture wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:45 pm
DrLee wrote:
PlasmaFuture wrote:

Thank u for your information! I should ask to university staff again about this. You helped me alot. Thank you!!

thistimeoranother

Post by thistimeoranother » Wed May 08, 2024 12:30 pm

Any updates from the UKRI? Because it's still 8 weeks since submission and the situation is same. The status says it is still awaiting examination of Je-S platform.
DrLee wrote:
PlasmaFuture wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:26 pm
Hi all,

What is the current situation with grant preparation for the successful MSCA with UK host? :roll:
Does anyone know how long it takes to re-issue grant under the UKRI scheme?
Hi. I’m also waiting grant approval from UKRI since 11th March that university re-issued the proposal to JeS system. When I asked before they said it will take around 7weeks for examination… I worry it’s consuming too long time cause after this I have to prepare visa that take 1-2months…
If there are somebody under UK host and are suffering similar situation, please share with us🥹

PlasmaFuture

Post by PlasmaFuture » Fri May 10, 2024 9:59 pm

thistimeoranother wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:30 pm
Any updates from the UKRI? Because it's still 8 weeks since submission and the situation is same. The status says it is still awaiting examination of Je-S platform.
At the moment I have the same situation.I marked the start date of the project as August 1st. But as my host told me, this is not the date that will be written in the grant.Let's wait :|

DrLee

Post by DrLee » Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 am

thistimeoranother wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:30 pm
DrLee wrote:
PlasmaFuture wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:26 pm
Hi all,

What is the current situation with grant preparation for the successful MSCA with UK host? :roll:
Does anyone know how long it takes to re-issue grant under the UKRI scheme?
Hi. I’m also waiting grant approval from UKRI since 11th March that university re-issued the proposal to JeS system. When I asked before they said it will take around 7weeks for examination… I worry it’s consuming too long time cause after this I have to prepare visa that take 1-2months…
If there are somebody under UK host and are suffering similar situation, please share with us🥹
In my case, I constantly mailed to JeSHelp.