2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

applyapplyagain

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by applyapplyagain » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:22 am

DrLee wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 am
Big congrat to whom got MSCA fellowship in this phase!
I was invited to this fellowship with UK host. But after acceptance letter, I still am not getting any response from the university.
Are they busy with handling some issues regarding transferring EU funding to UKRI funding???
I have already sent mails to grant team of university.. but am not getting any response..
From the inivitation letter, it says i should submit DoH within 2weeks which sounds urgent..
Are the further funding process is going differently for UK applicants?
I would be very grateful if any of UK applicants or previous UK beneficiary could advise me for this.. thanks!!!
So the funding process is different for UK-hosted fellowships (see comments above). My host did the DoH (they just did that on their own), but I wouldn't worry too much about DoH etc as in the end your project will be declared ineligible (and you'll then apply with UKRI). However, you definitely *should* be able to get in touch with your host for any questions. Maybe contact your supervisor first and have them reach out to the research support team; or contact the head of research.

PlasmaFuture

Post by PlasmaFuture » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:20 pm

applyapplyagain wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:22 am
DrLee wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 am
Big congrat to whom got MSCA fellowship in this phase!
I was invited to this fellowship with UK host. But after acceptance letter, I still am not getting any response from the university.
Are they busy with handling some issues regarding transferring EU funding to UKRI funding???
I have already sent mails to grant team of university.. but am not getting any response..
From the inivitation letter, it says i should submit DoH within 2weeks which sounds urgent..
Are the further funding process is going differently for UK applicants?
I would be very grateful if any of UK applicants or previous UK beneficiary could advise me for this.. thanks!!!
So the funding process is different for UK-hosted fellowships (see comments above). My host did the DoH (they just did that on their own), but I wouldn't worry too much about DoH etc as in the end your project will be declared ineligible (and you'll then apply with UKRI). However, you definitely *should* be able to get in touch with your host for any questions. Maybe contact your supervisor first and have them reach out to the research support team; or contact the head of research.
related to this, I received email from the UK host

"Congratulations on your successful MSCA 2023 postdoctoral fellowship application!

We know you will have received a request from the Commission for further information on your project, but please be aware that we will not need to do this. As this fellowship was submitted to the 2023 MSCA PF call, it will not be funded under the Association Agreement that was recently signed by the EC and UK Government: that only covers calls from 2024 onwards.

As such, we will be able to access the UK’s Guarantee Fund to cover this fellowship. Whilst this will not be a Marie Curie fellowship – that branding can only be used by projects directly funded by the EC – the terms will be functionally the same as if it was EC-funded. In order to access this funding, we will need to submit a Je-S application. Please note that whilst this is referred to as an application, no further evaluation will take place – this is just and application for the funding and the invitation letter from the Commission is taken as proof of award. The Je-S call for this is not open yet, updates will be made to the UKRI Postdoctoral Fellowships page when this happens and I will be in touch again with further instructions at that point. "

As far as I understand, we need to wait. Although I am a little worried about the first letter from EU,where "preparation of grant data and annexes: 14 days "

draude

Post by draude » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:18 am

Hi everyone,
I was lucky enough to get it but I am a bit lost with the process to accept the fellowship. I thought it would be a button saying "yes I accept the funding" or "decline the funding"... probably a bit naive from my side. My host institution told me that they are gonna get back to me to help me with grant management but waiting made me nervous and I wondered if I need to fill some parts of the Grant Agreement such as Work Packages, Deliverables, milestones. I assume I have to do it but there is no clear guideline... anyone with some insight?

avv_2024

Post by avv_2024 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:23 am

Hi Draude,

First of all, congrats :)
Last week, I had the same feeling; I just wanted to press the "acceptance" button. According to the grant office at the host institution, they will take care of everything and get back to me with specific questions, such as the starting data. In fact, yesterday, they told me that they had already filled in all the information regarding WP & deliverables, etc. So I guess that there is no need to worry :)
draude wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:18 am
Hi everyone,
I was lucky enough to get it but I am a bit lost with the process to accept the fellowship. I thought it would be a button saying "yes I accept the funding" or "decline the funding"... probably a bit naive from my side. My host institution told me that they are gonna get back to me to help me with grant management but waiting made me nervous and I wondered if I need to fill some parts of the Grant Agreement such as Work Packages, Deliverables, milestones. I assume I have to do it but there is no clear guideline... anyone with some insight?

watermelon

Post by watermelon » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:53 pm

Hi, does anyone know whether in any official Horizon Europe/MSCA document it has been mentioned that applicants should explicitly include a statement about data availability from collaborators (if the proposed project involves the use of existing data from different collaborators)? As far as I know, it is not a requirement.

bovaryc

Post by bovaryc » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:53 pm

Hi,

Any idea if the visa costs for depended family members are reimbursed? As far as I understand, only the visa fees for the recruited researcher is covered by the MSCA. Moving to the UK and these costs are huge...

krishna408418

Post by krishna408418 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:16 pm

Need help from who qualified fellowship to UK and applying for Global talent VISA T1 .I have query on how we can get the endorsement from agencies to support the VISA application. Do our host institution render any help on this matter? Please advise

krishna408418

Post by krishna408418 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:59 pm

Do know how to get the award letter to upload for the endorsement applications. Please reply who is applying for endorsement for global talent VISA

PlasmaFuture

Post by PlasmaFuture » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:23 pm

krishna408418 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:59 pm
Do know how to get the award letter to upload for the endorsement applications. Please reply who is applying for endorsement for global talent VISA
Hi,

I am planning to apply for endorsement for GTV. I am currently collecting information.

Here are some links that may also be useful for you

https://royalsociety.org/grants-schemes ... -route-two
"If you have received a MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship or ERC Grant in the 2021 or 2022 calls hosted in the UK but don’t have a Grant Agreement because you are submitting your grant details to UKRI in order to receive funding through the Horizon Europe Guarantee, you can submit the following documents with your Global Talent visa endorsement application: 1. for a MSCA Fellowship submit a copy of the European Research Executive Agency GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal (which contains your name); 2. for an ERC Grant submit a copy of the European Research Council Executive Agency GAP invitation letter and a copy of the grant proposal (which contains your name); 3. if you already have confirmed funding from the UKRI Horizon Europe Guarantee, you must submit a copy of your UKRI Guarantee Offer Letter with your application."

As far as I understand, MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship (or UKRI Postdoctoral Fellowship Guarantee) is eligible for the ‘exceptional promise’ category https://royalsociety.org/grants-schemes ... llowships/

It is unclear how much help the host institute will provide in this matter. I don’t know whether it is possible to apply for endorsement now as MSCA postdoctoral fellowship or wait for the guarantee offer, and then apply for endorsement as UKRI Postdoctoral Fellowship Guarantee.

I think we need to wait for UKRI Guarantee Offer Letter :roll:. Pls report here if you have any progress in this direction.

krishna408418

Post by krishna408418 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:11 am

Thanks for your detailed reply. I will update the progress .