2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

avv_2024

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by avv_2024 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:31 pm

Congratulations!

From what I learned this morning from the research office of my host institute, they take care of the DoH signature.
Btw, I only got the email for the DoH; no congratulations whatsoever. Luckily, my host institute was more explicit about the good news. Is this the case for everyone?

EF-LIF: 96% :)

xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:12 pm
Onye Whyte wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:34 pm
Hi guys!

I am very excited. I got it! EF_CHE; 94%. Just received the congratulatory email and Declaration of Honour from the EU.

Second time! First time I achieved SOE with 87% (last year). The comments received were very helpful.

Keep challenging! Never give up!
Huge congratulations! Well deserved!
Do you perhaps know if "Project Legal Signatory" = our host institute or proposed supervisor, or we can sign the Declaration of Honor ourselves?
It looks like I can't sign that myself, so I guess it must be done by the host? Appreciate it if you can provide any info or thoughts? Thanks!

xiaoxiangshuiyun

Post by xiaoxiangshuiyun » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:42 pm

Congrats to you too! I personally got 2 emails back to back, one is the DoH email, and another is that so-called Congrats email.

I can paste the text here: "Dear Madam/Sir, Congratulations. Your proposal has reached the stage of Grant Agreement preparation...."

My understanding is that the DoH is a first step and only after this step, it proceeds to the Grant Agreement prep. So I guess it varies slightly from case to case, and there is no pattern. Just like there is no correlation between the time by which your status changes from Eval to Ranking. There is also no pattern regarding what kind of emails/time of notification we get. I absolutely hate the fact that people report / claim illusory correlations that are based on biased sampling and weak evidence. This should be stopped in the future.

I hope my message here can be seen by future applicants.

avv_2024 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:31 pm
Congratulations!

From what I learned this morning from the research office of my host institute, they take care of the DoH signature.
Btw, I only got the email for the DoH; no congratulations whatsoever. Luckily, my host institute was more explicit about the good news. Is this the case for everyone?

xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:
Onye Whyte wrote:
Hi guys!

I am very excited. I got it! EF_CHE; 94%. Just received the congratulatory email and Declaration of Honour from the EU.

Second time! First time I achieved SOE with 87% (last year). The comments received were very helpful.

Do you perhaps know if "Project Legal Signatory" = our host institute or proposed supervisor, or we can sign the Declaration of Honor ourselves?
It looks like I can't sign that myself, so I guess it must be done by the host? Appreciate it if you can provide any info or thoughts? Thanks!

glycoglyco

Post by glycoglyco » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:57 pm

applyapplyagain wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:57 am
There seems to have been a very high number of people applying given the budget. I do wonder if more funding will become available once the UK-hosted people (like me) will be kicked out of the list of projects - as they will be funded by the UK itself as in the last 3 years.
Hi! I can feel the frustration in the conversation... Myself included (EF-CHE 92% in the reserve list). I am not a UK applicant but why will they be kicked out? Sorry I am possibly missing the status of the UK in this.
I guess the reserve list won't move much seeing that the cutoff will be in the 94-95... Is it worth having any hope with a score of 92?

Congratulations to all that got it!

applyapplyagain

Post by applyapplyagain » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 pm

glycoglyco wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:57 pm
applyapplyagain wrote:
There seems to have been a very high number of people applying given the budget. I do wonder if more funding will become available once the UK-hosted people (like me) will be kicked out of the list of projects - as they will be funded by the UK itself as in the last 3 years.
Hi! I can feel the frustration in the conversation... Myself included (EF-CHE 92% in the reserve list). I am not a UK applicant but why will they be kicked out? Sorry I am possibly missing the status of the UK in this.
I guess the reserve list won't move much seeing that the cutoff will be in the 94-95... Is it worth having any hope with a score of 92?

UK-hosted successful projects with a '2023' work programme (such as MSCA PF 2023) will be funded by UKRI via their guarantee scheme. Not sure exactly how the process works, but at some point we either pull out or are declared ineligible for funding by the EU, then apply with UKRI for this guarantee scheme. The process is still unclear at the moment as the UKRI hasn't published new guidelines for this round of successful MSCA applicants. I suspect that the EU funding assigned to these projects will become available to redistribute across the waiting list projects - but I don't think this is written anywhere. I would ask your NCP.

c_na_man

Post by c_na_man » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:23 pm

Hi guys,

A successful EF-ENG applicant with a 97% score.

First time applicant.

Congratulations to all who made it and wishing the best to those who did not for the next attempt.

Onye Whyte

Post by Onye Whyte » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:41 pm

avv_2024 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:31 pm

Thanks a lot.

Yes, my host professor confirmed to me that the university will sign the agreement. I was asked specific questions such as when I would like to start and how much the project costs.

Congratulations!

xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:
Onye Whyte wrote:
Hi guys!

DrLee

Post by DrLee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:05 pm

EF-LIF: 99.60% (5,5,4.9), 1st-time applicant.
I'm soooo excited to get this finally!!! :lol:
Last edited by DrLee on Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ella_

Post by ella_ » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:14 pm

watermelon wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:44 pm
gincidentallyinquiry wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:50 pm
watermelon wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:45 pm

I don't know what to say, I am so sorry. I have asked the NCP about my ranking in the reserve list. Perhaps you could also ask and that could give you some clarity. I hope we somehow receive good news in June.
Sorry for intruding, but getting high scores, which would be easily funded in previous calls, and not getting it is a punch in the stomach, isn't it? Last year I was also shortlisted, but under 90s, so I was just happy for getting SoE. This year I am absolutely shocked and quite upset.
It really is! Btw, I am wondering has anyone been funded from the EF-ENV panel? If so, with what score? Currently, I cannot find any information on funded EF-ENV proposals.
EF-ENV 94.4 on reserve list (4.6, 5, 4.6), and I saw someone here with 95 also on reserve list, wow what a cut offs this year!

l0e42

Post by l0e42 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Hey all!

EF-ENG, first-time applicant here. Not funded with a score of 84.4% . Quite the bummer to be so close to the SOE and not get it.

Question in case anyone can help. I only got an email saying I have a message in the portal (no rejection mentioned or anything), and only from the documents in the system I could see the grade and so on. There are there the three categores, together with grades and the short descriptions on what was good/bad in each category etc.

The question is: is this all the feedback we get? The sentences describing weaknesses are very very short on words. Stuff like " The exploitation measures are not sufficiently developed". I sort of understand what they mean, but of course it is not like I did not cover this in the proposal, but probably they want something more/something was unclear. Is this all we are going to get? Basicaly something like "work more on subsection 3.5" ? Others here are posting the feedback is very usefull, but also are mentioning a rejection email, so I am a bit confused. Am I gonna get some more info?

Any help is very apreciated! Thanks and congrats to everyone!

whatelse

Post by whatelse » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:45 pm

applyapplyagain wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 pm
glycoglyco wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:57 pm
applyapplyagain wrote:

UK-hosted successful projects with a '2023' work programme (such as MSCA PF 2023) will be funded by UKRI via their guarantee scheme. Not sure exactly how the process works, but at some point we either pull out or are declared ineligible for funding by the EU, then apply with UKRI for this guarantee scheme. The process is still unclear at the moment as the UKRI hasn't published new guidelines for this round of successful MSCA applicants. I suspect that the EU funding assigned to these projects will become available to redistribute across the waiting list projects - but I don't think this is written anywhere. I would ask your NCP.
"Notification that new funding routes will be opening on Je-S for 2023 MSCA Citizens and Postdoctoral Fellowships on 26 February 2024."
According to:
https://www.ukri.org/publications/horiz ... e/#updates