2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

ig_89

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by ig_89 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:44 pm

xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:15 pm
Hi, I'm sharing the information I got from my host institute (in France). I suggest you contact your host institute and/or national contact to verify information in your case.

Start Date Options
When choosing the start date particular attention should be paid to the time required for
the researcher to arrive physically at your institution (e.g. travel time, visa formalities, prior
family and/or contractual obligations, etc) and to receive a signed employment contract
(e.g. internal administrative procedures at the host). Therefore please choose a realistic
date for the start of the project.

In the system there are two possible options:
1) "Fixed start date"
Selecting this option means that your project will start on a specific, pre-defined
date. This date must be encoded during the GAP procedure, together with a
compulsory explanation in the “Justification” box. For example, “the researcher's
current contract will end on …”.
• The earliest possible fixed start date for your project will be 01/04/2024
• The latest possible fixed start date that can be chosen is 01/09/2025

2) "First day of the month following the signature of the Grant Agreement"
Although this is the option pre-selected by the system we do not encourage it. It
should only be selected if the researcher is already at the host beneficiary. You will
not be able to know when the project will start since it will depend on the time taken
to complete the GAP procedure.

ig_89 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:34 am
Hi all,

Congrats to all successful applicants! EF - ENG 96% here.

I want to make some questions if someone in the forum has a similar issue. I recently started at a position that I would like not to give up and see it through. I have discussed this with my supervisors and they are open to having me working part time at this role and part time my Marie - Curie. However I will need initially some more time to put everything in order.

So my questions are:
1. How and when do I specify the start date of the Marie-Curie? Is there a specific limit?
2. Is it possible to change my Marie-Curie to part time (50%)?

Thank you!

Great information thank you!

I will call my NCP to ask as well. I do not have any visa restrictions so this should not be a problem. If an start date is agreed can it be modified later?

Furthermore, if anyone has info on part-time possibility it would be appreciated :D !

Kind regards,
Ilias

taylormr

Post by taylormr » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:55 pm

xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:09 am
Thanks for bringing up this topic, as I'm struggling with similar issues too!

For the Grant Agreement prep, my host institute is now asking me for the start date.

I can ask my host institute to clarify if there is any official rule for the timeline regarding the start date, and if I get anything, I'll post here.

Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to share some personal experience about how to wisely schedule the start date, and if there is a max. postponing limit, e.g., 1 year or a few months, to which reference time point this max. limit refers.

Many thanks!

ig_89 wrote:
Hi all,

I want to make some questions if someone in the forum has a similar issue. I recently started at a position that I would like not to give up and see it through. I have discussed this with my supervisors and they are open to having me working part time at this role and part time my Marie - Curie. However I will need initially some more time to put everything in order.

So my questions are:
1. How and when do I specify the start date of the Marie-Curie? Is there a specific limit?

Thank you!
FROM THE GAP ADVICE DOC THE SOC project officer sent me (I am not sure why i wrote that in caps)
Start Date Options
When choosing the start date particular attention should be paid to the time required for the researcher to arrive physically at your institution (e.g. travel time, visa formalities, prior family and/or contractual obligations, etc) and to receive a signed employment contract (e.g. internal administrative procedures at the host). Therefore please choose a realistic date for the start of the project.
1) "Fixed start date"
Selecting this option means that your project will start on a specific, pre-defined date. This date must be encoded during the GAP procedure, together with a compulsory explanation in the “Justification” box. For example, “the researcher's current contract will end on …”.

taylormr

Post by taylormr » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:00 pm

ig_89 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:44 pm
xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:
Hi, I'm sharing the information I got from my host institute (in France). I suggest you contact your host institute and/or national contact to verify information in your case.

Start Date Options
When choosing the start date particular attention should be paid to the time required for
the researcher to arrive physically at your institution (e.g. travel time, visa formalities, prior
family and/or contractual obligations, etc) and to receive a signed employment contract
(e.g. internal administrative procedures at the host). Therefore please choose a realistic

1) "Fixed start date"
Selecting this option means that your project will start on a specific, pre-defined
compulsory explanation in the “Justification” box. For example, “the researcher's

Although this is the option pre-selected by the system we do not encourage it. It
should only be selected if the researcher is already at the host beneficiary. You will
not be able to know when the project will start since it will depend on the time taken

ig_89 wrote:
Hi all,

So my questions are:

Thank you!

Great information thank you!

I will call my NCP to ask as well. I do not have any visa restrictions so this should not be a problem. If an start date is agreed can it be modified later?

Furthermore, if anyone has info on part-time possibility it would be appreciated :D !

Kind regards,
Ilias
RE modifying start date - it looks like you can - see https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-det ... -300979943

afaq12000

Post by afaq12000 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:36 pm

Hi

Thankyou so much, please can you tell me from where you got these earliest and latest possible dates?

xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:

Start Date Options

1) "Fixed start date"

ig_89 wrote:
Hi all,

So my questions are:

Thank you!

PlasmaFuture

Post by PlasmaFuture » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:02 pm

Hi all,

What is the current situation with the signing of the grant agreement with the UK host? What actions need to be taken? :roll:

afabris

Post by afabris » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:12 pm

Hello everyone! I am asking here a question circulating in the reserve list group. Is there any UK on the Global Fellowship SOE list here? We are trying to find out how much budget will be freed up through UK funds and the resulting repechage on the waiting list

applyapplyagain

Post by applyapplyagain » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:59 pm

PlasmaFuture wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:02 pm
Hi all,

What is the current situation with the signing of the grant agreement with the UK host? What actions need to be taken? :roll:
UKRI is meant to publish the new call and relevant guidelines on February 26th. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be done before then, but I have been told by my institution that they would basically take care of everything and I don't really need to do anything for now (in spite of the urgent-sounding emails from the EU). I would just ask your host for guidance.

ga2134

Post by ga2134 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:37 am

Some of you might already know it through the 2023 reserve list thread. For others who do not and are on UK reserve list please see below:

The EU (REA) is going to delete UK-based proposals from the reserve list of MSCA-2023. This gives the UK reserve list proposal no chance of funding. From communications, UKRI's stance is clear, if we get an NCP irrespective of getting it by being in the main list or being reserve first and then promoted to the main list, we will be funded by UKRI. But the REA and EU completely ignore UK reserve lists, giving them no chance of funding.
We plan to send an email TOGETHER to the EU funding agency and the UK NCP. With many people on the email list, they would have to carefully re-consider how to handle this issue. If you are interested in sending this email together, please join the WhatsApp group

https://chat.whatsapp.com/CxVnVYHw3ZIDoSsb9TYJXp

DrLee

Post by DrLee » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 am

Big congrat to whom got MSCA fellowship in this phase!
I was invited to this fellowship with UK host. But after acceptance letter, I still am not getting any response from the university.
Are they busy with handling some issues regarding transferring EU funding to UKRI funding???
I have already sent mails to grant team of university.. but am not getting any response..
From the inivitation letter, it says i should submit DoH within 2weeks which sounds urgent..
Are the further funding process is going differently for UK applicants?
I would be very grateful if any of UK applicants or previous UK beneficiary could advise me for this.. thanks!!!

dorello

Post by dorello » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:35 am

DrLee wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 am
Big congrat to whom got MSCA fellowship in this phase!
I was invited to this fellowship with UK host. But after acceptance letter, I still am not getting any response from the university.
Are they busy with handling some issues regarding transferring EU funding to UKRI funding???
I have already sent mails to grant team of university.. but am not getting any response..
From the inivitation letter, it says i should submit DoH within 2weeks which sounds urgent..
Are the further funding process is going differently for UK applicants?
I would be very grateful if any of UK applicants or previous UK beneficiary could advise me for this.. thanks!!!
Maybe you havent read the entire fforum on the topic.
Uk beneficiaries will not be funded by EU but their proposals will be foreclosed from the main list because of not association, as to 2023 calls, of UK with Horizon. UK successful proposals will be eventually financed by UKRI, which will make a repechage mechanism of such proposals. Other users were saying Ukri will publish the guidelines the 28th February