2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

bovaryc

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by bovaryc » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:53 pm

Does this (2024 fellowships being funded by the UKRI) make any difference, do you think?
Last edited by bovaryc on Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

applyapplyagain

Post by applyapplyagain » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:39 pm

bovaryc wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:53 pm
Does this (2024 fellowships being funded by the UKRI) make any difference, do you think?
The process is a bit more complicated because you need to make an (invited) application with UKRI, but they won't re-assess your proposal or anything: it seems that as long as you're eligible, you get the funding. Another issue is that the funding will be in pounds, and UKRI sets the conversion rate (whether that's good or bad is hard to say atm). I'm not sure if there are differences re when you'll actually get the money or hidden fees.

Meowiingtons

Post by Meowiingtons » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:59 pm

skm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:02 am
i got the link from WhatApp group...
thank you.

https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... teproject/+++++

the '+++++'
is the Project Id.
Could I ask what this magic link does? I inputted my application but just seeing what looks like metadata html. Is there hidden info gained in this text that isn't visible through the regular online portal?

Dr.Honeywine

Post by Dr.Honeywine » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:14 pm

Just phase change

spes

Post by spes » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:31 am

Is there a connection between the phase change shown by the magic link and the positive/negative result? I've never understood it.

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 am

spes wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:31 am
Is there a connection between the phase change shown by the magic link and the positive/negative result? I've never understood it.
look at old posts on the topic. From what I understand: 1. the earlier the phase goes from Evaluation to Ranking, the higher the chances of being funded or having passed the threshold. 2. there is no real rule, as there are cases where those who have had rankings have not been funded. I may be wrong, but this is what I have gathered from previous conversations. Last year the change started happening in late January early February, and the deadline of the result was about the same.

nkalyvio

Post by nkalyvio » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:21 am

Hello all,

I have a question. It may have been answered before, but after checking the 2021-2022 forum I did not find anything relevant.
What I want to ask is after the results released, can we know who was our reviewer (not his name, but if he was academic or industrial and his field) and if we can ask for an extra review? or to be provided to us as feedback to change the area of the idea in the future?
Do you know how many people review it is this in the report?

p.s. The reason I am asking is that after I wrote my interdisciplinary proposal (it is a global one) and the two supervisors (in 2 different field but both in engineering) asked some of their colleagues for mock evaluations. The ones working in one field and the industrial reviewers from the other field gave very good comments. One academic reviewer of the second field (he is expert in his field) had some basic questions which made me understand that he did not know that specific parameters (mostly coming from the first research field) affect what we were studying. I added an example in the proposal "loosing words", but I really worry what will happen if the proposal go to a similar expert.

AR Khojasteh

Post by AR Khojasteh » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:45 am

You have the option to select up to five metadata descriptors for your proposal during submission. I think the reviewers will likely be chosen based on these selections.

I am referring to this: "Please select up to 5 descriptors (and at least 3) that best characterize the subject of your proposal, in descending order of relevance."

AR Khojasteh

Post by AR Khojasteh » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:50 am

Spinoza wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 am
spes wrote:
look at old posts on the topic. From what I understand: 1. the earlier the phase goes from Evaluation to Ranking, the higher the chances of being funded or having passed the threshold. 2. there is no real rule, as there are cases where those who have had rankings have not been funded. I may be wrong, but this is what I have gathered from previous conversations. Last year the change started happening in late January early February, and the deadline of the result was about the same.
The only conclusion we can have from the magic link is this:

If your status changes from Evaluation to Ranking, it indicates that you are above the 70% threshold, and nothing more

spes

Post by spes » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:35 pm

Spinoza wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 am
spes wrote:
Past topics were very complex...too many tables, too many previsions, too many specific cases...However, I've understood more or less like this too. I just wanted to be sure of my deduction. Thank you for your answer!