Redress Experience

watermelon

Re: Redress Experience

Post by watermelon » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:53 pm

Hi, all. What happens to SoE when we apply for redressal?

fmpStanford

Post by fmpStanford » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:38 am

Nothing because SOE by itself already does not mean anything

Syd87

Post by Syd87 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:47 am

Asmar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:39 am
liukank wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:48 am
Hi there,

I have experience with redress, in a situation more or less like yours so here are my hints:
it takes about three months to have a feedback and unless your claim is something obviously wrong, they will not accept it. What i heard is that they need to make a real evident error, like mentioning aspects that simply don't exist in you application suggesting they were actually reading a different project, not yours. Any other criticism they can argue that the evaluation was impartial and objective and what you see as contradiction is in reality your point of view. I asked for redress because while my first application received a score of 89, the second and improved one scored 56. They however argued that nothing was wrong with the process which is fair and objective. So, as I said, unless you have an obvious error to point out, it will certainly end up in nothing.
And just for the record, my third application, same project that scored 56 but improved again and with different hosts scored 92.2 this year.
Sorry to discourage you, but as we all agree, this is a real lottery.
Hi there,

My case is like your case last year I got 87% reserve list (for UK) but this year I got 66.2% so much less than the previous year even though I have made all improvements following their comments.

Would I be possible if I to change my host university for the 3rd application even though my score is less than 70%?
Same with last year the UK host got 91.2%, missed the target with .6%,
This year got below 60, on the same proposal, submitted after the corrections which were suggested.
I mean how it is possible to so big a difference? I am an evaluator of the Czech Academy of Sciences, I mean there is no option to give some time so fewer marks.
My proposal must be evaluated by a hater or a young PhD or postdoc fellow, who has no idea of grant evaluation and thinks of themselves as very intelligent these people believe they know everything and they are next to Newton or Einstein. They aim to reject but not to improve.
in my case comments are general, but even specific..
wasted my 12 months..

fmpStanford

Post by fmpStanford » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:10 pm

What happened with this case in the end and, the redress impedes you on getting the Seal of Excellence or only the redress successful cases don't get the SOE?