2023 Reserve list (HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

balinth11

Re: 2023 Reserve list (HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by balinth11 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:39 pm

luuu wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:30 pm
sballo wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:26 am
Does anyone know how many UK projects are accepted in the EF-CHE panel? I'm on the reserve list and I want to have an idea whether I should celebrate or cry :lol: (NCP hasn't replied yet)
NCP told me approx 40 UK projects in the EF-CHE panel, but they don't know the ranking and the detailed UK project number on the main list and reserve list. Hope you can get more information.
I got the same information from the NCP of Denmark.

sballo

Post by sballo » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:45 pm

luuu wrote:
sballo wrote:
Does anyone know how many UK projects are accepted in the EF-CHE panel? I'm on the reserve list and I want to have an idea whether I should celebrate or cry :lol: (NCP hasn't replied yet)
NCP told me approx 40 UK projects in the EF-CHE panel, but they don't know the ranking and the detailed UK project number on the main list and reserve list. Hope you can get more information.
Thanks a lot!

balinth11

Post by balinth11 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:54 pm

Does anyone know, when they will perform the removal of the UK applications from the list and thus starting to offer the additional places for the people on the reserve list?

ctbl258

Post by ctbl258 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:55 pm

ella_ wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:33 pm
ctbl258 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:58 am
Thank's to the fantastic advice here, I reached out to the NCP for Denmark (using this website: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... i=89978449).

Can anyone help interpret the message I received back? "I can see that the project is ranked at number 279 with a score of 94,00 in the Social Sciences and Humanities panel. The last project on the main list is ranked number 248 with a score of 94,60." Thanks for all your help!
you're very high on the waiting list (nr. 30) and there may be quite a number of UK projects on the main list and reserve list with higher scores than you, so I think (if budget doesn't shift and same number of projects will be funded in each EF bucket) you have a good chance to be funded. Fingers crossed. You can write the NCP again to ask if they know how many UK projects are among the 278 projects with a ranking above yours.
Thanks for this advice and the optimistic outlook! I've reached out to the NCP again and will post here any response for others also in the social sciences and humanities panel. Best of luck to you!

glycoglyco

Post by glycoglyco » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:07 pm

balinth11 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:39 pm
luuu wrote:
sballo wrote:
I just received a couple of emails from UK NCP. I contacted even though my project is not UK since my NCP (FR) could not give me info regarding UK projects above me in the ranking. They confirmed that (quoting) "Indeed we expect the EC to reject all UK-based fellows on the reserve list" and "I don’t think the EC has allocated any budget to UK-based, they will be rejected from the main, but this will not have impact on the reserve list". The last part is what worried me... what does it mean that it will not impact the reserve list? Won't they call people in reserve as the UK ones leave the funded list?

dorello

Post by dorello » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:21 pm

glycoglyco wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:07 pm
balinth11 wrote:
luuu wrote:

I just received a couple of emails from UK NCP. I contacted even though my project is not UK since my NCP (FR) could not give me info regarding UK projects above me in the ranking. They confirmed that (quoting) "Indeed we expect the EC to reject all UK-based fellows on the reserve list" and "I don’t think the EC has allocated any budget to UK-based, they will be rejected from the main, but this will not have impact on the reserve list". The last part is what worried me... what does it mean that it will not impact the reserve list? Won't they call people in reserve as the UK ones leave the funded list?
it's only a EU decision to extend to other proposals (the ones of RL) the funding, they do not know. But also it is not automatic
Last edited by dorello on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcol

Post by tcol » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:22 pm

diescientist_ wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:29 am
Fred_Keningau wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:00 am
Hi All. Is there anyone from the EF-LIF panel and knows their ranking? My score is 92.6% and so far I have no idea about my ranking in the reserve list.
I asked my NCP and she answered saying I am in 26th position (after taking out UK projects), and I get 92.4%
Awesome! I finally found out mine as well, I'm 13th on the EF-LIF (94.2%), I was told there is one UK person above me in the reserve list, and more than 20 in the accepted proposals. So the list should move a lot once the UK people from the accepted list are finally removed from EU funding and moved to UKRI

glycoglyco

Post by glycoglyco » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:27 pm

dorello wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:21 pm
glycoglyco wrote:
balinth11 wrote:

it's only a EU decision to extend to other proposals (the ones of RL) the funding, they do not know. But also it is not automatic

Alright, thank you very much for the clarification. I was hoping that it would be more "automatic". Keeping a bit of hope anyway!

dorello

Post by dorello » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 pm

glycoglyco wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:27 pm
dorello wrote:
glycoglyco wrote:

Alright, thank you very much for the clarification. I was hoping that it would be more "automatic". Keeping a bit of hope anyway!
Reasonably we could project that it will happen what has happened the last two years, actually, because UK has decided to associate with Horizon from the calls only from 2024. But there is no an automatism from what I know

glycoglyco

Post by glycoglyco » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:45 pm

dorello wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 pm
glycoglyco wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:27 pm
dorello wrote:

Reasonably we could project that it will happen what has happened the last two years, actually, because UK has decided to associate with Horizon from the calls only from 2024. But there is no an automatism from what I know
Sorry, I am quite new to this (first time applying and with little knowledge coming from my supervisors). When you say "we could project that it will happen what has happened the last two years" you mean that projects from reserve list would be called for funding as UK projects are removed from the main list? Possibly silly question. My apologies again, I haven't really followed what happened in previous calls...