2023 Reserve list (HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

tcol

Re: 2023 Reserve list (HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by tcol » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:15 pm

luuu wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:49 pm
May I ask if the NCP does not know the rankings, will our own ranking subsequently appear on the official website through personal account, like the cut-off score? Or do we need to keep asking the NCP again? Thank you~
Hi, your NCPs should know the ranking. My suggestion is to have your supervisor email them if you are not receiving an answer. They didn't tell me mine until my supervisor stepped in.

luuu

Post by luuu » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:27 pm

tcol wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:15 pm
luuu wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:49 pm
May I ask if the NCP does not know the rankings, will our own ranking subsequently appear on the official website through personal account, like the cut-off score? Or do we need to keep asking the NCP again? Thank you~
Hi, your NCPs should know the ranking. My suggestion is to have your supervisor email them if you are not receiving an answer. They didn't tell me mine until my supervisor stepped in.
Ok, thank you so much~

afabris

Post by afabris » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:38 pm

Does anyone happen to know how to find out how many projects have been funded in the respective areas?

ctbl258

Post by ctbl258 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:39 pm

gincidentallyinquiry wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 pm
ctbl258 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:58 am
Thank's to the fantastic advice here, I reached out to the NCP for Denmark (using this website: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... i=89978449).

Can anyone help interpret the message I received back? "I can see that the project is ranked at number 279 with a score of 94,00 in the Social Sciences and Humanities panel. The last project on the main list is ranked number 248 with a score of 94,60." Thanks for all your help!
Thank you so much for this information. I also received a score of 94.00 in the SOC panel, and my NCP still hasnt answered me. So now I have more or less an idea about where I stand. Do you think there are any chances for us?
Hi! The email response I received today states that "There are 35 mainlisted projects with a UK coordinator in the SOC panel. And 5 reserve list projects with a UK coordinator before your reserve list placement.

The UK projects on the main list will be funded through the UK guarantee fund - allowing for a larger number of projects from the reserve lists to be funded."

ga2134

Post by ga2134 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:39 pm

RE1355 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 pm
ga2134 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:24 am
I just got the same reply from UK NCP as others have already posted. They don't have information about the reserve list and if EU brings us in the main list and we get some proof of that, we can apply for the UKRI guarantee. Then the person finished by saying that based on the last two years calls, the EU will not give GAP to UK based reserve list candidates and unless they change this practice this time, we do not have a chance. So basically, it's all put up to EU. Don't know if there is a way to appeal this very sensible thing to EU, which really does not effect their financial commitments or any EU hosted candidate's chances.
I have got the same reply. In fact, it is meaningless to be in reserve list for UK proposals. Europe should invite all the proposals for the GAP process in order, and when the proposal is from England, it will be automatically supported by the UKRI and the way will be opened for other proposals. In this case, more numbers can be supported. How can this issue be reported to Europe?
Yeah, that's the thing, who is the right person to hear this issue in the EU, and how to contact them? I'm a first-time applicant, so don't know what exactly happened in last two years. But I guess, in 2021 UK reserve listed people got caught by the surprise. But surely in 2022, someone in the UK reserve list must have tried to raise the same very obvious case with the EU? Does anyone know of this?

gincidentallyinquiry

Post by gincidentallyinquiry » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 pm

ctbl258 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:39 pm
gincidentallyinquiry wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 pm
ctbl258 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:58 am
Thank's to the fantastic advice here, I reached out to the NCP for Denmark (using this website: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... i=89978449).

Can anyone help interpret the message I received back? "I can see that the project is ranked at number 279 with a score of 94,00 in the Social Sciences and Humanities panel. The last project on the main list is ranked number 248 with a score of 94,60." Thanks for all your help!
Thank you so much for this information. I also received a score of 94.00 in the SOC panel, and my NCP still hasnt answered me. So now I have more or less an idea about where I stand. Do you think there are any chances for us?
Hi! The email response I received today states that "There are 35 mainlisted projects with a UK coordinator in the SOC panel. And 5 reserve list projects with a UK coordinator before your reserve list placement.

The UK projects on the main list will be funded through the UK guarantee fund - allowing for a larger number of projects from the reserve lists to be funded."
Thabk you once again! It seems you have extremely high chances. I wish you the very best and hope I am very near you in the reserve list - praying there is not a lot of people that scored 94.00, hehe.

RE1355

Post by RE1355 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:06 pm

ga2134 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:39 pm
RE1355 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 pm
ga2134 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:24 am
I just got the same reply from UK NCP as others have already posted. They don't have information about the reserve list and if EU brings us in the main list and we get some proof of that, we can apply for the UKRI guarantee. Then the person finished by saying that based on the last two years calls, the EU will not give GAP to UK based reserve list candidates and unless they change this practice this time, we do not have a chance. So basically, it's all put up to EU. Don't know if there is a way to appeal this very sensible thing to EU, which really does not effect their financial commitments or any EU hosted candidate's chances.
I have got the same reply. In fact, it is meaningless to be in reserve list for UK proposals. Europe should invite all the proposals for the GAP process in order, and when the proposal is from England, it will be automatically supported by the UKRI and the way will be opened for other proposals. In this case, more numbers can be supported. How can this issue be reported to Europe?
Yeah, that's the thing, who is the right person to hear this issue in the EU, and how to contact them? I'm a first-time applicant, so don't know what exactly happened in last two years. But I guess, in 2021 UK reserve listed people got caught by the surprise. But surely in 2022, someone in the UK reserve list must have tried to raise the same very obvious case with the EU? Does anyone know of this?
I agree with you. I am going to post on twitter under MSCA post about this issue. We should raise the flag for this issue.

Pangolino

Post by Pangolino » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:39 pm

ella_ wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:27 pm
dorello wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 pm
glycoglyco wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:27 pm

Alright, thank you very much for the clarification. I was hoping that it would be more "automatic". Keeping a bit of hope anyway!
Reasonably we could project that it will happen what has happened the last two years, actually, because UK has decided to associate with Horizon from the calls only from 2024. But there is no an automatism from what I know
Would you have a link that shows what happened in the previous two years? As I take it from your responses, correct me if I'm wrong, that usually projects from the reserve list have been called once UK projects are taken out of the list, but there's no guarantee that the budget will be allocated in the same way?
Hello, thanks for the posts you all write!
Does anyone know how many people were awarded the grant from the reserve list the previous two years for each panel? Are there official figures on this?
Is it literal that if there are, for example, 30 people on the UK main list and 20 people on the UK reserve list, that panel receives 50 additional spaces for the reserve list? Did this happen this way in previous years?

RE1355

Post by RE1355 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:44 pm

Pangolino wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:39 pm
ella_ wrote:
dorello wrote:

Reasonably we could project that it will happen what has happened the last two years, actually, because UK has decided to associate with Horizon from the calls only from 2024. But there is no an automatism from what I know
Would you have a link that shows what happened in the previous two years? As I take it from your responses, correct me if I'm wrong, that usually projects from the reserve list have been called once UK projects are taken out of the list, but there's no guarantee that the budget will be allocated in the same way?
Does anyone know how many people were awarded the grant from the reserve list the previous two years for each panel? Are there official figures on this?
Is it literal that if there are, for example, 30 people on the UK main list and 20 people on the UK reserve list, that panel receives 50 additional spaces for the reserve list? Did this happen this way in previous years?
Unfortunately, in the last two years, the EU deleted the UK proposals from the reserve list.

gincidentallyinquiry

Post by gincidentallyinquiry » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:49 pm

Pangolino wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:39 pm
ella_ wrote:
dorello wrote:

Hi!

Based on the information we got from different NCPs and what happened in the last two years, all UK awardees drop the list because they are funded by UKRI.