Grant Agreement Preparation 2024

phpostdoc

Grant Agreement Preparation 2024

Post by phpostdoc » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:00 pm

Hi all. So I received an invitation to GAP 4 weeks ago and also submitted it for signature. My question is how long will it usually take to receive a signed grant from the EC? Currently, the status in my portal is at “Preparation (50%)”. The long wait is making me quite anxious. Thanks for anyone who have information.

glycoglyco

Re: Grant Agreement Preparation 2024

Post by glycoglyco » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:57 am

Same here!

emmi

Post by emmi » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:27 pm

Hi,

I have another question about the grant agreement. My host institute just offered a contract, but it says they have to deduct all hiring and social security costs ~33% per year. Plus country tax (22.5%) which is expected.

At final I would receive almost half of the budget MSCA offered. It seems too much cut and too low for salary.

Did you have the same kind of offer?

tcol

Post by tcol » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:43 pm

phpostdoc wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:00 pm
Hi all. So I received an invitation to GAP 4 weeks ago and also submitted it for signature. My question is how long will it usually take to receive a signed grant from the EC? Currently, the status in my portal is at “Preparation (50%)”. The long wait is making me quite anxious. Thanks for anyone who have information.
Same issue for me. I'm EF-LIF, called from the waiting list on the 19th of March, had the DoH signed by the 3rd of April. No word yet from the EC.

tcol

Post by tcol » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:48 pm

emmi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:27 pm
Hi,

I have another question about the grant agreement. My host institute just offered a contract, but it says they have to deduct all hiring and social security costs ~33% per year. Plus country tax (22.5%) which is expected.

At final I would receive almost half of the budget MSCA offered. It seems too much cut and too low for salary.

Hi, yes, that tracks. Depending on the country, they keep a different percentage for social security and taxes. You can get an idea of how much is deducted by country looking at this file from other MSCA fellows: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1021975507

Since you have already received the contract. Could you let us know how long it took from your institution signing the DoH until you heard back from the EC?

glycoglyco

Post by glycoglyco » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 am

emmi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:27 pm
Hi,

Yes, all that is correct. The MSCA budget (salary + mobility allowance + maybe family allowance) is all gross amounts. From there, you will deduct all the taxes that your employer would pay, and the ones you would pay. So yes, about half of it goes into taxes. I think it is still a pretty nice salary though!

phpostdoc

Post by phpostdoc » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:00 am

Hi all. Project officer says that they are still busy with managing the main list GAPs. EC aims to complete the reserve list GAPs by the end of May. I suppose we should just be more patient for those who were upgraded from the reserve list. :)