2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

als

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by als » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Reserve wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am
Hello guys and girls, I am following the forum, although I did not apply in the 2017 call. I applied in 2016 and my proposal was put on reserve list. So after waiting 18 months in total I still did not receive final decision, although the information letter clearly states that I will be informed and this is not the final decision. I don’t fool myself that it will be funded, but still, I wanted to close this page long time ago and move on....
Anyway, I write you to share my observation about how they inform. In my host institute last year, the rejected ones got the email first, early morning on the 27th, I got my email around midday (reserve), then I spoke with the manager of the institute and he told me that the emails for all the applications but one had arrived. The email for this last one was received in the afternoon, around 4 pm and it was acceptance letter. So I don't think they inform first the high scored ones, rather the other way around, but might be just a coincidence… and in my opinion emailing to all the applicants takes time, may be 20 hours.
I wish you good luck with your proposals :) and whatever the output is, life goes on, keep strong and continue your research ;)
Hi,

I had a very similar experience - some friends of mine who were rejected last year got the letter before me, then I got mine (reserve), and a few hours later a friend got the acceptance letter :)
Also, I have never had a letter stating that the process for those in reserve has finished, therefore can one supose that at some point we may be accepted? Or they have forgotten about us? :)
I tried again this year, see how it goes...!
Good luck to everyone!

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:44 pm

NCP said the results will come early next week. :!:

Nick_F

Post by Nick_F » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello everyone!

Is anyone in ENV panel still in evaluation?

Rapaz

Post by Rapaz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:22 pm

Amar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 am
Rapaz wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:50 am
Amar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 am

I wish you feel better.
Thanks ;) :D
My friend, how do you feel today?

Reserve

Post by Reserve » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:23 pm

als wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:22 pm
Reserve wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am
Hello guys and girls, I am following the forum, although I did not apply in the 2017 call. I applied in 2016 and my proposal was put on reserve list. So after waiting 18 months in total I still did not receive final decision, although the information letter clearly states that I will be informed and this is not the final decision. I don’t fool myself that it will be funded, but still, I wanted to close this page long time ago and move on....
Anyway, I write you to share my observation about how they inform. In my host institute last year, the rejected ones got the email first, early morning on the 27th, I got my email around midday (reserve), then I spoke with the manager of the institute and he told me that the emails for all the applications but one had arrived. The email for this last one was received in the afternoon, around 4 pm and it was acceptance letter. So I don't think they inform first the high scored ones, rather the other way around, but might be just a coincidence… and in my opinion emailing to all the applicants takes time, may be 20 hours.
I wish you good luck with your proposals :) and whatever the output is, life goes on, keep strong and continue your research ;)
Hi,

I had a very similar experience - some friends of mine who were rejected last year got the letter before me, then I got mine (reserve), and a few hours later a friend got the acceptance letter :)
Also, I have never had a letter stating that the process for those in reserve has finished, therefore can one supose that at some point we may be accepted? Or they have forgotten about us? :)
I tried again this year, see how it goes...!
Good luck to everyone!
I contacted the NCP some days ago because I was wondering whether I am misunderstanding the salutation, they said there should be an official letter, and if I don't get such within the one-year period (which actually no one officially indicated, I saw it in some NCP presentations, forums and so one), I can contact them and they can request it officially.
I can only guess why they do not inform us, one of my speculation is that they don't want us to take any action against the decision (we cannot until we get the final decision) so if they announce rejection when the it is still fresh, many of the reserves might request redress, because we are so close... (of course they can deny it simply, but still additional work for them) so if they delay long enough, many will apply again, others will find something better and no danger that 200 scientist request new evaluation. The more positive speculation is that they kindly wait for people like you, who has applied again and will be now in list A, and the reserve list from last year will reduce dramatically :D then they will decide for who is left, like me. But this are only speculations by a frustrated applicant :x not be taken seriously :D

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:27 pm

should we expect for another maintenance period prior official announcement?

Amar

Post by Amar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:36 pm

RANKING wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:27 pm
should we expect for another maintenance period prior official announcement?
I think they are doing the maintanance without any notifications.

amannu

Post by amannu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Something changed in the layout of my personal page, FO link. Now if I click on "document library" i visualize a different page than before. I can see the pdf of my sealed proposal.

Chem-IF

Post by Chem-IF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm

It was there from the beginning. :|

Imbingo

Post by Imbingo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:47 pm

amannu wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm
Something changed in the layout of my personal page, FO link. Now if I click on "document library" i visualize a different page than before. I can see the pdf of my sealed proposal.
That’s scary ......let’s all have a good weekend friends